General Category > General Discussion

Tire bead question

(1/5) > >>

Semper-guzzi:
When mounting the tube type tires like on, let's say, a Jackal, will I hear the bead pop on? I filled it up with about 45 psi, no air escaping (yay no pinched tube) but I didn't hear the bead pop on. Does it only do that on tubeless or tube type as well?

Doug McLaren:
Although I've always heard tubeless tyres go "pop" when I've put them on. I've only heard tube type do that maybe once or twice. They seem to slide into position. I always make sure to check that they have seated fully by looking at the line near the bead and ensuring it's the same distance from the rim edge all the way round.

Semper-guzzi:
Thanks Doug. I deflated it, and pushed all around on each side. It felt as if it was on.

charlie b:
When installing tubeless tires on mine they rarely 'pop'.  It depends on the tire, rim, lube, and how much pressure it takes to make the tire seat.  Most of the time I get the bead to seat between 20 and 30 psi.  Every now and then I get a stubborn one (like the last rear tire I put on) that is hard to seal and is hard to get the bead to set (40psi that time, and it did pop).  Probably cause I cleaned the rim much better than I usually do :)

Semper-guzzi:
Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I was ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version