General Category > General Discussion

Rolling Thunder 2015 - Guzzi Presence

(1/10) > >>

M0T0Geezer:
I am going to do my level  best to attend the 2015 Rolling Thunder Memorial Day in Wasington DC.
May 24th
More info here:

http://tinyurl.com/nffoou3

C'mon Guzzistas and Distinguished Gentelmen, put your arses and your Guzzis on the road to honor our Vets and let the entire world know that somone still cares.

Who's up for this?

Antietam Classic Cycle:
No thanks. I'll be where there's almost no traffic, much less noise and far fewer people that weekend (Cass, WV).

There are ways of honoring our veterans without dealing with herds of Hogs or going anywhere near Washington, D.C...   

wrbix:
Just another excuse for that sort of "rider" to make noise, IMHO.

Lannis:

--- Quote from: M0T0Geezer on January 15, 2015, 04:08:28 PM ---I am going to do my level  best to attend the 2015 Rolling Thunder Memorial Day in Wasington DC.
May 24th
More info here:

http://tinyurl.com/nffoou3

C'mon Guzzistas and Distinguished Gentelmen, put your arses and your Guzzis on the road to honor our Vets and let the entire world know that somone still cares.

Who's up for this?

--- End quote ---

I have to say that I'm with the other guys.   I honor our veterans as much as anyone can, and I DO care.    But I'm done with anything having to do with motorcycles that has "Rumbling", "Roaring", or "Thunder" in the name.  It gives us all a bad name, and perpetuates a stereotype that I'm not part of.   

I ride my Guzzi on US29 on that day each year, up to Culpeper National Cemetery to decorate my parents' graves (My Dad was a sailor from 1945 - 1965).   But there's no way I want to ride with that LOUD obnoxious crowd up to Washington to sit in a crowd of people blipping their throttles.

Sorry.

Lannis

GearheadGrrrl:
I often spend Memorial Day, and often the whole weekend, riding to my fathers (WW2) and great great grandfathers (civil war) grave sites in Fort Snelling, MN and Whitehall, WI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version