General Category > General Discussion

Hiking and Biking (Royal Enfield) in the UK (NGC)

(1/7) > >>

nick949:
For Dusty (and anyone else who's interested), here are a few photos from my cross England hiking trip, after which I rented a Royal Enfield to ride around on for a while.

On the North Yorkshire Moors

9 Standards, near Keld

Yorkshire Dales, east of Shap

Lake District (1)

Lake District (2 - Hiking conditions...)

Lake District (3)

Suitable for Nuovo Falcones though.....

The west coast (end of the hiking) at St. Bees, Cumbria

The Royal Enfield in Cumbria

In Mid Wales near Bwych y Groes

Lake Vernwy, mid Wales

At the Tan Hill pub (highest in England)

.....and, just for Dusty, a shaky bit of video of riding the road towards England's highest pub at Tan Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDP8OQpCYQQ

Nick

MotoGoosy:
Thanks for sharing those.  Love England, so full of charm and character. 

nick949:

--- Quote from: kirby1923 on March 18, 2015, 10:56:26 AM ---rain and diesel oil comes to mind.

mike:-)

--- End quote ---

Yes, more than my share of rain, but compared to 40 years ago, the roads are remarkably clear of diesel oil.  You still have to watch for shiny, iron manhole covers and utilities lids strategically placed at just about every corner though.

Nick

molly:
Nice one Nick. Tan Hill on a Enfield in winter, brilliant.
The man hole covers and utilitity lids were strategically placed in the 1940's to unseat German dispatch riders we just never got round to removing them. ;)

nick949:

--- Quote from: molly on March 18, 2015, 11:59:11 AM ---Nice one Nick. Tan Hill on a Enfield in winter, brilliant.
The man hole covers and utilitity lids were strategically placed in the 1940's to unseat German dispatch riders we just never got round to removing them. ;)

--- End quote ---

I came within a few miles of Grantham.  You weren't out on the A17 riding a clean white Norge were you?   It was the only Guzzi I saw (and one of the few bikes - the real hard cases seen to ride scooters, of which there were plenty, even in hard rain).

Nick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version