General Category > General Discussion

Larios can do the elephant walk

(1/12) > >>

jacksonracingcomau:
Pete sent me ealy Griso 8v elephant's foot rocker adjuster to try, thread is same but somehow distorted, possibly overtightened ?
So I got some ktm ones #590362000
To my eye they are identical to Guzzi ones, either should work ktm more easily found

Am waiting on new valves, all I have here have worn tips and some just odd lengths ?
Hope new oe ones are at least all the same !
When I have them I'll post if any mods needed for clearance, possible I will grind some of bottom of rocker arm away/ shorten valve/ shorten pushrod.
Any way, they can and will fit.

But
These alone will not fix lario, before anyone goes here
1/ check camshaft for wear, dial gauge on all 4 lobes, easy mount in recess on rocker arm above pushrod. If cam is worn, at all, do not pass go, stay in jail till new cam is found/ground
2/ turn engine over without plugs, look at valve springs at peak lift, coil bind is your enemy, explaining why cam gets worn.

Pete also sent me beehive spring from 1400 to test, me likee, I'm using these, pressures and installed heights to follow (need new valves to do this too)

pete roper:
Martin, I'm sending you a head with a couple of valves, collets and an early spring. Can you use your tester to see if the 'old' and 'new' springs are different. That'll allow you to get stack height and pressure comparisons which might answer some questions about the shims for early engines.

The head I would only use again under duress on one of my shitheap. Can you see where? :grin:

Pete

jacksonracingcomau:

--- Quote from: pete roper on October 09, 2018, 11:16:42 PM ---Martin, I'm sending you a head with a couple of valves, collets and an early spring. Can you use your tester to see if the 'old' and 'new' springs are different. That'll allow you to get stack height and pressure comparisons which might answer some questions about the shims for early engines.

The head I would only use again under duress on one of my shitheap. Can you see where? :grin:

Pete

--- End quote ---
Will do
Let me know actual lift at valve(s) too, can measure this roller cam but don't know rocker  arm ratio
Is lift same flattie or roller ? Only has to be longer duration at peak lift to make way better grunt
Did you ever dyno before and after rollers ? Torque curve should have got way longer at near max

pete roper:
I’ll throw in a couple of rockers too.

huub:
M6 exists in 0,7 and 0,75 thread ,
so a overtightend fit might also be a slightly different thread. they are quite hard to distinguish

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version