Author Topic: Shinko Stinko  (Read 38612 times)

oldbike54

Re: Shinko Stinko
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 10:56:55 PM »
 I'm all happy about the long lived Chinese , quite fond of the Chinese folks and Chinese food is lovely .
But what the hell does that have to do with Shinko tires that are made in South Korea ?????????????

Dusty

HardAspie

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 10:59:10 PM »
I'm all happy about the long lived Chinese , quite fond of the Chinese folks and Chinese food is lovely .
But what the hell does that have to do with Shinko tires that are made in South Korea ?????????????

Dusty

Hmmmm, not only a dead horse; the wrong dead horse.

oldbike54

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2016, 11:01:13 PM »

Yeah , that happens frequently here ...

Dusty

HardAspie

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 11:02:14 PM »
Yeah , that happens frequently here ...

Dusty

Giddy Up! Oh, well. . .

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 11:02:14 PM »

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 11:39:13 PM »
I'm trying my first set of Shinkos on my BMW K75s. I got them because they were inexpensive and I figured they'd last through some commuting and do some slab duty. But I am very pleasantly surprised by how well they handle and brake. I can's speak for longevity yet, but these first few thousand miles (400 today) have been a treat.
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2016, 05:24:02 AM »
  I put on a set of Shinko Ravens last year on the Norge.  The tires ride (absorb bumps) and handle well. I would use the rear tire again but the front tire is a hand full going over grated bridges, and not great on roads that were being graded for resurface.  The problem is the front has a large center groove.  I will never install a tire with a prominent center groove again.  I can't fault the tires for anything else and will choose another front next time.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

pete roper

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2016, 05:58:54 AM »

The AOWMQ* is sometimes strong here. Don't worry about it. If you do you'd go bonkers.

Pete

*Angry Old White Man Quotient

canuguzzi

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2016, 06:24:27 AM »

Dusty

Nothing but its interesting that none of the other posts mentioning China have anything to do with it either, yet that was the one you chose to comment on.

Its like most other posts made that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread they are posted to but seem OK and are encouraged?

Maybe I should have mentioned he had ridden a Moto Guzzi in earlier years and also ate steel cut oats? :grin:

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2016, 06:40:09 AM »
It's great having plenty of Chinese restaurants in town, keeps the stray cat population in check
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2016, 06:47:26 AM »
ate steel cut oats? :grin:

Heeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!  There ya go !

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2016, 07:14:44 AM »
Just put another Shinko on the back of the T5.  Trying a 230 again and see if it lasts a bit longer than the 712's I have been running (they avg about 7k mi).

FYI

Established in 1946, the Shinko Group began as a manufacturer of bicycle tires and tubes in Osaka, Japan that today has become a burgeoning manufacture of rubber products.

In 1998 the Shinko Group purchased the motorcycle tire technology and molds from Yokohama Rubber Co., and began production of these products under the Shinko Tire brand. With manufacturing based in South Korea and design based in Japan, the company has seamlessly combined Japanese engineering and design principles with South Korean production and quality control standards. Today Shinko Tires produces approximately 200,000 motorcycle tires per month.

In the United States Shinko Tires are imported by Western Power Sports, Inc. (WPS), with corporate headquarters in Boise, Idaho. With a strong foothold on the power sports market, and with warehouses located in Boise, Idaho; Fresno, California; Ashley, Indiana; Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania; and Memphis, Tennessee, Shinko Tires USA-in conjunction with WPS-is proud to bring you the Shinko line of Sportbike, Cruiser, Scooter, Off road, and Dual sport tires.

On going testing in the USA and R & D at Shinko Tire's factory means a continuous path of exciting tires to meet the need of today's riders. Shinko Tires and WPS are here to serve your needs.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:15:29 AM by charlie b »
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2016, 07:32:11 AM »
Here is proof that Shinkos are bad.  I left a bar drunk as could be and dropped the Guzzi when I hit the brakes on an ice covered steel covered bridge.

Seriously, I have had good luck with Shinkos, but I don't ride like KERA members do.

Tex

oldbike54

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2016, 08:56:12 AM »
Nothing but its interesting that none of the other posts mentioning China have anything to do with it either, yet that was the one you chose to comment on.

Its like most other posts made that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread they are posted to but seem OK and are encouraged?

Maybe I should have mentioned he had ridden a Moto Guzzi in earlier years and also ate steel cut oats? :grin:

Did I mention any names ? No . Just making sure that if we are gonna bash an entire country we get the right one  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2016, 09:51:59 AM »
thanks Charlie, you just ruined our entire day with the facts.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »
I'm very pleasantly surprised by the Podiums on the Skorpion. .
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »
thanks Charlie, you just ruined our entire day with the facts.

Doncha just hate it when someone ruins a good story with facts   :rolleyes:

Dusty

canuguzzi

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2016, 10:51:01 AM »
Did I mention any names ? No . Just making sure that if we are gonna bash an entire country we get the right one  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Well, when you talk about a specific post then by golly what is left? There was nothing in anything I said that bashed China or the Chinese. Then why talk about what I posted in specific terms.

Name the names then Dusty, don't cast some wide net and use other people to make a point when they said nothing about the point you were trying to make.

canuguzzi

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2016, 11:13:45 AM »
How did this thread get past the 2nd reply?

oldbike54

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2016, 11:21:39 AM »
Well, when you talk about a specific post then by golly what is left? There was nothing in anything I said that bashed China or the Chinese. Then why talk about what I posted in specific terms.

Name the names then Dusty, don't cast some wide net and use other people to make a point when they said nothing about the point you were trying to make.

Interesting how you believe everything is directed at you . The whole exchange was a bit of silliness , mostly between Hardaspie and myself , and meant to be humorous , good grief  :rolleyes:

Dusty

pete roper

« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2016, 11:43:55 AM »
Back on topic way back when Yokohama stopped making motorbike tyres and Shinko/Maxxis bought out all their technology and tooling, this would of been around the turn of the millennium, maybe earlier. Yoko's used to be an OK tyre and I ran several sets of Shinko's on my little hot-rod back in the day. We've also run a number of sets of Maxxis car tyres on various four wheelers we've had.

In all honesty you get what you pay for. If you go for their *Budget* tyre's that's what you get, a crappy tyre with no feel and awful grip, especially in the wet. Buy their better, read 'More expensive', products and they can be quite good. We don't get Maxxis bike tyres here unfortunately as I'd quie like to try a pair, especially for a transcontinental trip as that is just a waste of a set of PR4's!

Pete

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
How did this thread get past the 2nd reply?

Because we are bored  :)
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

oldbike54

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »
 OK , let's clear something up here . NP , yeah I quoted you , it was meant in a humorous way . We do this on WG often , quote the latest post on something to make a point . Apologies if it was taken in the wrong way . I really do like the Chinese , my younger adoptive family brother has introduced me to several of his friends from China , all lovely people . Was not meant to single you out for derision .

Dusty

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2016, 02:22:06 PM »
Hmmmmmm. Derision: contemptuous ridicule or mockery. You do that to me all the time, I'm offended now! I'm gonna ride down to Mountian, mo. And have a talk with that Luap guy about you! :violent1:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
Hmmmmmm. Derision: contemptuous ridicule or mockery. You do that to me all the time, I'm offended now! I'm gonna ride down to Mountian, mo. And have a talk with that Luap guy about you! :violent1:

:laugh: :laugh: Meh , you wouldn't be the first  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2016, 02:53:32 PM »
I'm taking a coast to coast walkabout in July on my Stelvio.  We only have 3 weeks to play with so the trip out and back will be all Interstate...maybe a short diversion if time allows.  It makes sense to start the trip with new tires that will go the distance (planning on 6.5-7K miles) but not break the bank.  The last time I did this trip I had spooned on some high dollar rubber (Pilot Road something) and had to get a new tire in Hayes, KS.  This time I'm going to run Shinko 705s.  They should last the entire trip with a bit to spare.  My last 705 was a pretty good tire that I bought only because it was the only tire in stock that was the correct size and I was on another trip.  For the price I was not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised with both performance and wear.

Peter Y. 
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2016, 07:17:34 PM »
this whole disaster weighed on my mind so much I had to have Mongolian beef for lunch. it was great even though I'm sure it was made right here in the states. 
by the way my EV with the brand new 230 Shinko tires found the place for me.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »
:bow: :grin: :thumb:
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

oldbike54

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2016, 07:32:45 PM »

:bow: :grin: :thumb:

Yeah , that really was one of the funniest posts ever on WG  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2016, 07:37:06 PM »
I've know a couple of folks that have used Shikos and have nothing but good things to say.  They are about half the price of Michelin seem to last and handle.  I might try them myself. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2016, 07:41:34 PM »

Yeah , that really was one of the funniest posts ever on WG  :laugh:

Dusty

AT least he was only beating a dead horse and not eating a dead horse...that might have made the meal less appetizing!  :)
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here