Author Topic: V7 II Stone Colors Inadequate  (Read 31335 times)

Offline LaGrasta

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: V7 II Stone Colors Inadequate
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »
You're swapping to another marque for color, but is willing to swap V to inline? You're going to hate that far more than not being red.
You can buy style, but you have to build character.

'10 Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
'03 Moto Guzzi VII Sport
'14 Kawasaki KLX250S
'89 Honda GB500tt
'82 Honda GL500 bobber
…and two step-through scooters too.

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 11:54:10 AM »
Whilst I will probably be tarred and feathered for even suggesting it I have to say that that this is possibly the 'Gayest' post I've ever seen on WG! Brilliant! If I wasn't doing it a bit tough at the moment I'd offer to paint yer tank for you!  ;D

Pete

Thank you Pete; VERY well spoken. I mentioned previous how talking about this little Guzzi sounds like a bunch of ladies on the View. Specifically about color offerings and tank size. Hmmm...  ::)
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 12:07:11 PM »
You're swapping to another marque for color, but is willing to swap V to inline? You're going to hate that far more than not being red.

Exactly.  If I understand correctly, the OP is willing to give up shaft drive, about 80 lbs., and the gloriousness that is the transverse V, all over the color of the gas tank?  Good luck with that.
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 12:09:28 PM »
Hmm I never thought of adding a rainbow sticker to my plate in honor of my eldest daughter...but that's a good idea.

Of course, considering I own nothing but "girl's" bikes that will make it even funnier.

One of these days I'm going to go ahead and get that pink bunny skull my buddy drew made into a magnet so I can pop it on the V7 or Sporty at will.

;-T

Is there a reason you picked a male feminist for your pic Kev? Red, we love ya' and I see a trend starting in your honor.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 12:09:28 PM »

Offline Loftness

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
Sometimes dealers know less about the incoming models than the average person on this board. They only know what is given to them from the occasional email from Guzzi North America. Which they may not even read.

Well I'd hope your dealer is reading their Piaggio communications, but it's true that we don't always know the plans for impending releases.  We can only go by what we're told or what we find on our order forms.  I haven't heard that other colors won't be available this year, only that I currently can't order certain colors yet.
Fletch

2013 V7 Stone
1984 V65sp
1986 Vespa T5
1974 BMW R90/6

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Re: V7 II Stone Colors Inadequate
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »
Is there a reason you picked a male feminist for your pic Kev? Red, we love ya' and I see a trend starting in your honor.
;D :) ;D
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Jim C

• Gosling
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 02:26:17 PM »
If I understand correctly, the OP is willing to give up shaft drive, about 80 lbs., and the gloriousness that is the transverse V, all over the color of the gas tank?

Okay, you make some really valid points here. Maybe leaving the marque is a bad idea.
Based on what I've read here (man, you guys are brutal just because someone voices an
opinion. You sure have to have a thick skin on this forum.

For the few supporters I did get, thanks. To the ones who suggested that red is still possible
later this year, thanks. This  gives me hope.

1. I can't afford to get a tank painted/swapped. Both would still cost me about a grand.

2. Since I'm unemployed, and on a really tight budget, that currently isn't an option, nor
is purchasing  a V7 II Special or getting one of the customizing kits.

And, specifically to Pete (VascoDG): You're certainly entitled to your opinion about my post,
but you've said some things yourself that I could've commented on, but didn't. The heart
wants what the heart wants. I happen to really like the bike with a red gas tank — so sue me,
but that doesn't make me, or my post, gay or 'ghey' or whatever. 'Gayest post on WG'? I doubt it!

2016 Red V7 II Stone

Bill Hagan

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 03:21:01 PM »

You sure have to have a thick skin on this forum.

Yup.  And you never know what chum makes the sharks go into a frenzy.  You just got lucky.  ;D

For the few supporters I did get, thanks. To the ones who suggested that red is still possible
later this year, thanks. This  gives me hope.

I can add two true tales to what a couple of the others said about that.

In 2003, I was talking with a sales guy at a (now-gone) Atlanta dealership.  Had read about the Ballabio and wanted one.  But only in red ... it also came in black.

He said that the only one they were getting was coming in later that day, but was black. Sigh.

As we were chatting, a tractor-trailer pulled in and, yup, a crate.  With a Ballabio.  I thought I might as well look at it. 

They popped the side off and it fell to the ground.  Inside?

Yup, a gorgeous red one.  Owned it an hour later.  :D

Then, having seen the Norge announced while we were visiting Italy in 2006, I knew I had to have one.  But only in red.

The word on the street, as has been here, was only silver.  Then I got a call from Todd Haven (of exalted fame here, R.I.P.) at MPH.  A few days later, I was riding my new Norge from Houston to Atlanta.  Yee ha.

The moral is obvious.

Bill

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 03:30:40 PM »
"Then I got a call from Todd Haven (of exalted fame here, R.I.P.) at MPH."

I got the same call about a month later with the offer of a red Norge which I still have. Personally, I think you should wait to get the color that you want as I also feel that it color is important.

As an example, I wouldn't be caught dead with a hot dog and mustard MG.  ;)
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline mickr69

• New Egg
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2015, 03:31:37 PM »
I have a red V7 2014 Stone which is a nice red. The V7 II red is a darker matt type paint, nice but not Italian red.

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
'Gayest post on WG'? I doubt it!

Remember there's a language barrier between you and Pete.  There are some online classes from the Delhi Linguistics Institute that you can take to better understand how to converse with him.  Here's one of the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI
George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »
Based on what I've read here (man, you guys are brutal just because someone voices an
opinion. You sure have to have a thick skin on this forum.

You have to take it in context.  If you were talking with the same guys in person they would be saying the same thing but smiling, patting you on the back and handing you your next beer while they said it. 
It is really hard to do good natured kidding and advice on a forum.
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 03:41:12 PM »
And, specifically to Pete (VascoDG): You're certainly entitled to your opinion about my post,
but you've said some things yourself that I could've commented on, but didn't. The heart
wants what the heart wants. I happen to really like the bike with a red gas tank — so sue me,
but that doesn't make me, or my post, gay or 'ghey' or whatever. 'Gayest post on WG'? I doubt it!

Jim, I'm thinking you missed the point of Ropers, and my posts with regards to those terms.

Somewhere between Ropers and My generation the term Gay took on multiple meanings and eventually became a homonym with Ghey (to distinguish it in the written word).

Somewhere in the past few decades Gay became used regularly NOT to mean homosexual but to instead mean LAME (though I admit it likely arose from a general feeling that homosexual was different or odd to heterosexual).

Add a combination of language filters, and attempts to be PC (to still use a term that might seem offensive to some, but express it is meant in another way - i.e. a homonym), the spelling Ghey or Teh Ghey arose as internet slang.

http://www.internetslang.com/GHEY-meaning-definition.asp

http://queersunited.blogspot.com/2011/03/word-of-gay-ghey.html

The later is especially used by younger generations than my own to express irony, i.e. something that homophobes might react to with offense and ignorance as if actually being homosexual was something you could catch (i.e. a disease):

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teh+Ghey

Alternately used to mock those who treat homosexuality as a disease which can be contracted by contact with homosexuals or even exposure to their culture.

Anyway, I would hope in the end it is obvious that neither Pete nor I have no problems with who (or what) anyone chooses to love. The usage of the term was meant to cast the aspersion of a seemingly stereotypical feminine trait as to the fickleness of a post that suggested giving up on a brand for the lack of one color bike in one particular year.

But it's a hell of a lot easier to jokingly call it gay or ghey rather than to explain that, even if we have to come back around to do so because so many didn't get it.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Bill Hagan

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »

As an example, I wouldn't be caught dead with a hot dog and mustard MG.  ;)

Hurtful, Sir.  Hurtful. 

But I am strong and ignore such barbs.

While plotting revenge, of course.

This. Is. Beauty.  (Of the rare unred type, of course.)

Back to plotting.   ;D

Bill

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 06:41:58 PM »

Beautiful country........
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 06:46:27 PM »
Nobody has mentioned that there will be no yeller either :winer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knnHgC3cJ1M
Kirk

Penderic

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »
Good thing they dont have too many frame /seat /fork colors available or it would be too stressful for some of us to choose!

"No No No! You got the colors backwards!"

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:52:32 PM by Penderic »

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 08:20:09 PM »
Good thing they dont have too many frame /seat /fork colors available or it would be too stressful for some of us to choose!

"No No No! You got the colors backwards!"

I must say, you are a funny chap. 
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
Kirk

Penderic

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
Is there a way of also having a paint that can change colors on command?

Would be confusing for us forgetful types!

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 03:30:50 PM »
Gotta say it, Pete can say some funny shit that I would never post here. He's like the Donald Chump of WG! I was rolling my eyes at the OP then I saw GAYEST! I spewed beer on my keyboard. I can't see myself ever selling a bike just because it's the wrong color to get another one of the same thing.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
http://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=75750

Buy this and paint it whatever color red blows up your skirt!
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

oldbike54

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »
 Kinda quit reading this thread after the OP stated he was going somewhere else because red wasn't available . Reminds me of the stories my MC salesman friends have told me re how customers pick a bike . After asking a few questions about intended use , payload , performance expectations etc , the prospective buyer giggles like a school girl and exclaims " Ooooh , I like that RED one"  :laugh:
The fact is , the OP is like most MC owners , color is the single most important factor in choosing a bike . Let him go , he isn't a Guzzista  :evil: :grin:

Oh , and the proper spelling when used in this context is "ghaye" , geex guys , catch up  :grin:

Dusty

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 06:27:18 PM »
When it comes to colors (or colours, for that matter), Dilbert got it right - http://dilbert.com/strip/1995-11-17
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Jim C

• Gosling
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 08:22:12 PM »
You guys are too much. You resurrect a thread after two and a half months? Really?
You rake me over the coals for wanting a red gas tank on my bike?

You guys really need to get lives!

And, Dusty, I said previously that I would NOT give up on MG solely for color reasons. If I
was going to do that, I'd probably get a Triumph; but, I want to wait and see what MG comes
up with at the EICMA show in November. You don't know anything about me, and I frankly
don't give a shyte whether you think I'm a Guzzista or not. MG has had black motorcycles for
years in the V7 line, and I don't want black. Big deal! I'll wait. You're full of crap if you think your
opinion matters to me. I appreciate your knowledge about MG, but you know nothing about me
or who I am. Do you always judge people you don't know? Maybe it's people like you and the crap
you just posted that turns people off about MG. Must suck being you, since you have to render
negative judgments about people you don't know to feel good about yourself.
2016 Red V7 II Stone

oldbike54

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »
 Oh I'm full of crap alright , but I never pick anything based on color . Besides , 'twasn't me that restarted this sad thread , and compared to most , my comments are pretty tame . On top of that , if you didn't care what any of us thought , why come back ?

Dusty

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2015, 08:41:20 PM »
http://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=75750

Buy this and paint it whatever color red blows up your skirt!

Wow!  That is cheap!     Hmmm, it's tempting to buy this and make my '13 V7R into an Verde Legano!
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »
Wow!  That is cheap!     Hmmm, it's tempting to buy this and make my '13 V7R into an Verde Legano!

I know.  AF1 comes up with these low prices every so often, and It almost looks like a misprint!
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »
Okay, I will chime in. Appearance is important to me. If I like how a bike looks, I am more likely to buy it than if I don't like how it looks. Color is part of appearance, and it is important to at least two of us.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

oldbike54

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2015, 12:01:08 AM »
Okay, I will chime in. Appearance is important to me. If I like how a bike looks, I am more likely to buy it than if I don't like how it looks. Color is part of appearance, and it is important to at least two of us.

Let me rephrase my comment . Nothing wrong with liking a color , or style . But what if MG doesn't build a red V7 II ? Like a friend of mine said years ago "I won't have another bike until I can afford a new 916 Ducati" . Guess what , still no bike . A rider rides is all I'm saying , the color should be low on the list of priorities .

Dusty

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here