Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 06:56:00 PM »
General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 06:47:39 PM »
That's what they make hacksaws for.
Some low profile nuts and a hacksaw and you have clearance.
And probably a reduction in clamping force.
I think the standard bolts are set to 50 ft/lb?
Don't know if low profile stainless nuts would support that torque?
Not sure 50 ft/lb is required to retain the engine & transmission?
General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by yackee on Today at 06:34:18 PM »
Accidentally purchased an 850T "H" pipe for my 850T3 FB. The pipe for the T is too wide at the entrance and forces the LH header into the sidestand mount as you mentioned. So I guess the answer is that a floorboard bike needs a narrower "H" pipe than one with rails.

Interesting, thanks! The MG Cycle description of the head pipes describes them as having the correct curvature for bikes with the police-style side-stand, which they seem to have. However, the Mistral  h-pipe definitely pushes out the right-hand-side muffler a bit, so that the mufflers aren't exactly centered. My impression is that the h-pipe could be narrowed by 0.5-1.0 inches, roughly. That said, I did get both mufflers to attach to the frame at the stock hanger location. But they are slightly off-center when looked at from the front of the bike. And the mufflers have a slight "rise" going to the rear of the bike.

One other problem I had, in addition to or actually in combination with the side-stand bracket issue, was that I had also replaced the stock engine-to-frame bolts with MG Cycle's stainless steel bolts, which are threaded rods with nuts at both ends. The attraction was that I would be able to remove either side's frame rail in the future without knocking out the entire bolt. The problem was that the rod is pretty long, and if installed evenly it would further restrict the placement of the pipes, both at the front and the rear of the engine. 
General Discussion / Re: Beeswax oil for zippers
« Last post by Caffeineo on Today at 06:07:56 PM »
Sold. I have used paraffin wax on zippers and it helps but some are still hard. Going to give the bee's wax a go. Thanks for sharing.
General Discussion / Re: How to remove EV ignition switch?
« Last post by Chuck in Indiana on Today at 05:59:59 PM »
Got the bottom of the switch off. What next?  Do I disassemble the bottom and clean it? 
Yes.

Do I have to remove and.clean the top part tgat the key goes in to?
Don't bother.

General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Mwether on Today at 05:30:09 PM »
Has paint damage on the tank, so maybe you can knock another $500 off. That would get you to 3800 miles for $3500.

https://www.facebook.com/share/ADv5b7hvJ7tMceWJ/?mibextid=kL3p88

-AJ

Great find. Already sold.
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Off @ 90 on Today at 05:18:47 PM »
Water trap installed on Mk 2 Stornello

General Discussion / Re: How to remove EV ignition switch?
« Last post by john fish on Today at 05:04:12 PM »
Got the bottom of the switch off. What next?  Do I disassemble the bottom and clean it? 

Do I have to remove and.clean the top part tgat the key goes in to?

General Discussion / Re: Bought a 2013 Norge 8V with 11,000 miles
« Last post by Gliderjohn on Today at 04:55:02 PM »
Once again unless in a stout crosswind a Norge is an excellent traveling bike, especially where you can run the speed up a bit. Maybe not so much in the Motel parking lot. Too bad it was never really a success. Only bike I have ever done a 700 miles day on and that was just a year and a half ago at age 67. I am use to having people comment regularly on the T-3, not so much on the Norge. However I did have an incident when I was unloading at a motel and a car pulls in by the office. This very attractive 40ish year old woman get out of the passenger side briskly walking over and just starts gushing over it. Otherwise most other comments are "Nice looking BMW".
GliderJohn
General Discussion / Beeswax oil for zippers
« Last post by willowstreetguzziguy on Today at 04:30:43 PM »
Have a pair of Tourmaster riding boots with zippers on both sides. Had them since 2017 and every time I put them on, the zippers are a bear to pull up. Decided to rub some of this beeswax oil on each of them. Well, I almost ripped them off the boot, they zipped up so effortlessly!

Then I wiped some on the zippers of my leather riding jacket and what a difference!

So why not put it on the zippers on my tank bag and same thing….wow!

It’s like oil on a rusty hinge.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here