Author Topic: Cadre Cycle  (Read 9660 times)

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Cadre Cycle
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 07:14:31 PM »
I know all the details about this V9 push not because he was pushing a sale but because I was peppering him with questions because I’m fascinated as to how a guy like him is making a go of it with all that we hear about the challenges of working with Piaggio. Rose Farm, C&D, Cleveland Moto are all dealerships withing 400 miles of him who’ve hung it up recently. He’s got a bride and small kids, he’s a sharp guy with no doubt lots of options and yet, he’s hanging his hat on Moto Guzzi.

While I admire Cadre devotion & commitment, judging by all of the dealers that at one time carried Guzzi and no longer do or who are no longer even in business, his business model does not bode well for their longevity.  I wish them the best, maybe the V85 will save the dealers!

See post #4 in this WG thread:  https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=99301.0
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Online kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 10:57:41 PM »
While I admire Cadre devotion & commitment, judging by all of the dealers that at one time carried Guzzi and no longer do or who are no longer even in business, his business model does not bode well for their longevity.  I wish them the best, maybe the V85 will save the dealers!

See post #4 in this WG thread:  https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=99301.0

i don't know what his books look like, but he's selling more than a new Guzzi a week, plus profit on used machines, plus all the servicing he's doing. As a small operator who keeps costs low....you never know. 1921. It's been a minute....
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Online vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 06:20:15 AM »
Buying three of our four Guzzi's from Cadre, I can't speak highly enough for the integrity and quality of the team at Cadre.
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 07:25:58 AM »
Buying three of our four Guzzi's from Cadre, I can't speak highly enough for the integrity and quality of the team at Cadre.

I agree 100%. :thumb:
2017 V9 Roamer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 07:25:58 AM »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »

That is why I was confident buying a Guzzi from Sloan's in Murfreesboro.  Moto Guzzi is just one of the 13 brands they carry.  They only need to sell the minimum required a year to keep carrying them.  They also carry all the other Paggio products. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2019, 08:22:08 AM »
Oh crap.  Tell me it isn't so !

I still have Upstate New York on my bucket list !

:bike-037:

VISITING here is awesome!!  A stunningly beautiful state... LIVING here sucks!!!  Unless you love throwing most of what you earn to the state....   
Paul B

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2019, 09:03:16 AM »
Well - the new "herd" of leftover motorbikes are still "in transit" as of this morning.

......... now queuing elevator music.......

Offline wittangamo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:02 AM »
Well - the new "herd" of leftover motorbikes are still "in transit" as of this morning.

I hate elevator music ... but it’ll be worth the wait!

Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2019, 09:22:52 AM »
I hate elevator music ... but it’ll be worth the wait!

The roamer does have a nicer look than the bobber and a more relaxed riding position.  Sloans has a leftover bobber but no roamer to test ride.  I still think that if I add a third bike to my stable it will have more dual sport capability.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

bpreynolds

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 08:42:00 AM »
The roamer does have a nicer look than the bobber and a more relaxed riding position.  Sloans has a leftover bobber but no roamer to test ride.  I still think that if I add a third bike to my stable it will have more dual sport capability.

I just think the Roamers are straight up gorgeous motorcycles.

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2019, 08:36:42 AM »

.....and still waiting.......
But, the weather has been really [censored] so it's not really cutting into my riding time.  THIS weekend is another two rounds of rain/sleet/snow.
 :grin: :grin: :grin:

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:57:31 AM by kballowe »

Online vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
For those that haven't been to Carde's here is a little web spot i put together for them in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAWHJulSEQ
Cyclehoarders Garage
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2019, 02:56:28 PM »
Very likely the BEST deal to be had on the planet for a new v9, is at Cadre.  Blowout pricing through the end of this year, which for them will be the end of this week;  $5500 plus $550 freight and tiny doc fee means out the door for me in IL $6120!!!   And if you live within 250 miles, Free delivery!   WoW!

Don't wait, pick up the phone now.   Also 0 percent financing for three years is part of the deal if you want it.

Thats a brand new, $10,000 Guzzi for near half price, from one of the best Guzzi dealers in North America!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline MotoG5

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »
Made the trip from Omaha to Cincy and back in two days last August (1524 miles total) to trade my Stelvio in for one of Enzo's V9 Bobbers. Best deal on a bike I have ever made. He set things up so we could do the deal and get right on the road home. Managed to put a little over 1k miles on it before the crappy weather started in early October. Lots of rain and early colder than normal temps pretty much shut things down a bit sooner than usual for here. Love the V9 as it is just what I was looking for what will most likely be my last two wheeler. :thumb:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 08:31:08 PM by MotoG5 »
Nebraska MGNOC State Rep

Online vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2019, 07:23:43 AM »
Made the trip from Omaha to Cincy and back in two days last August (1524 miles total) to trade my Stelvio in for one of Enzo's V9 Bobbers. Best deal on a bike I have ever made. He set things up so we could do the deal and get right on the road home. Managed to put a little over 1k miles on it before the crappy weather started in early October. Lots of rain and early colder than normal temps pretty much shut things down a bit sooner than usual for here. Love the V9 as it is just what I was looking for what will most likely be my last two wheeler. :thumb:

I got my V9 just before it got cold also, can't wait for Spring.  Cadre's is the best!
Cyclehoarders Garage
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2019, 11:01:31 AM »
It looks great with the Ago's and small shield.  Of course, the good weather on the day you took the photo looks great too.
Blue Guzz

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2019, 07:18:26 AM »
 Is that the same Enzo who lived in Seattle ten years ago or so?
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline hauto

• Gosling
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 11:26:27 AM »
Is this pricing solely a Cadre promotion or is it a MG backed incentive program?

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2019, 11:36:22 AM »
As far as I think, the pricing is all CadreCycle.  I didn't ask how they are able to do it, but i did ask how many Romer's they had, Enzo told me 8.   The financing is however arranged by Piaggio.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »
Is that the same Enzo who lived in Seattle ten years ago or so?

No.
Charlie

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2019, 12:03:53 AM »
Wow, Curt. I've not seen any Roamer that looked good, 'til yours. That paint, the striping, the eagle on the front fender look great. Those shiny trombones are tres cool as well.
Certainly elegant for a Guzzi.
BTW: After a few dozen bikes over nearly 70 yrs. only 2 older bmw's didn't have clip-ons.
   R3~

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2019, 06:22:03 AM »
i stopped by yesterday to give my holiday greetings.  plenty of pretty bikes to look at including a black 2020 eldo, still one of the finest looking bikes on the road in my opinion.  they were busy with service work and looking forward to the holiday break.  no word yet on when the "traveller" version of the V85 is expected. for those interested in a triumph t100, he has a pretty whitish pearl one up there but i don't know the specifics.
Blue Guzz

Offline Bpreynolds2

• Gosling
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2019, 06:25:46 AM »
Wow, Curt. I've not seen any Roamer that looked good, 'til yours.

And with all due respect to Curt, I disagree  :grin:

FCB7FAD1-CC16-4B62-B11E-0134AB49A0E4 by Brian, on Flickr

And yes, Enzo and the bunch are super.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:36:27 AM by Bpreynolds2 »
2020 T120 Bonneville

Offline rjamesohio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2019, 07:21:54 AM »
I've known Enzo since he was a salesman at BMW of the Tristate in Cincinnati way back when.

I wish him the best with Cadre and even though I don't really buy new motorcycles (I've only bought ONE new one in my lifetime - my very first - a 1977 Yamaha 750 Special. And I traded that title for title for a '64 Panhead HD 3 months later). Yes, I enjoy working on bikes; either that or I'm a glutton for punishment!

That said - I must say that the comments here initiate the thought of having a NEW Moto Guzzi roll through my head.

Well done to Enzo for supporting the greatest motorcycle brand ever in the universe!

Oh yeah - Merry Christmas to everyone, hope Santa brings you all those Guzzi bits.

Ron
Ron James
Ex LM V
Ex SP1000
Ex Eldorado
Ex Quota - parts live on after crash
EX 1000G5
EX 850T3
EX 2003 V11 Stone
EX 1996 California 1100i
EX 2006 Big Breva
1979 1000 G5
1993 California iii
Spine Frame Mongrel
1999 BMW R1100R
Waynesville, Oh

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2019, 08:10:13 AM »
cadre does well because they have a good business plan.  but in my experience, the model is actually an old school model.  when i started riding around 1980, most shops were relatively small (especially euro brand) and usually not in prime real estate, often in an industrial area.  there were only a few larger dealerships that sold several of the japanese brands located in prime real estate areas.  this kept overhead low for the dealers with smaller shops.  with the rise of harley in the early 90s, many of  the small shops morphed into the very expensive to maintain extravaganzas we see today.  of course, bmw and many other brands had to follow the lead and force their dealers to lease or buy huge stores.  the recession that started in 2006 demonstrated the flaw in that plan.  cincinnati no longer has a bmw dealer because of it.  the dealer where i bought a victory in 2008 went out a  year later (huge space). 
second, cadre started as a used bike repair shop.  as such, adding guzzi was not such a stretch since they already had an established business and clientele. if they lost guzzi, they would still be in business.
third, they are all in on guzzi.  it's not just a job, they have a real passion for the brand which is easy to see and it generates its own excitement.  the floor is packed with bikes, all models and colors.  i am an instant gratification type of guy, so those like me are much more likely to take one home if the one they want is right there in front of them.
fourth, they embrace selling trading and selling used bikes.  how many of us have gone to a dealer and been told to sell your current bike yourself and come back. who really wants to do that? i have received very fair money on both of the bikes i have traded with them. 
finally, the intangibles.  hard to put into words, but its the experience you get when you visit. always welcomed but no pressure ever.
i think their future looks solid. 
Blue Guzz

Offline rjamesohio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2019, 08:26:00 AM »
cadre does well because they have a good business plan.  but in my experience, the model is actually an old school model.  when i started riding around 1980, most shops were relatively small (especially euro brand) and usually not in prime real estate, often in an industrial area.  there were only a few larger dealerships that sold several of the japanese brands located in prime real estate areas.  this kept overhead low for the dealers with smaller shops.  with the rise of harley in the early 90s, many of  the small shops morphed into the very expensive to maintain extravaganzas we see today.  of course, bmw and many other brands had to follow the lead and force their dealers to lease or buy huge stores.  the recession that started in 2006 demonstrated the flaw in that plan.  cincinnati no longer has a bmw dealer because of it.  the dealer where i bought a victory in 2008 went out a  year later (huge space). 
second, cadre started as a used bike repair shop.  as such, adding guzzi was not such a stretch since they already had an established business and clientele. if they lost guzzi, they would still be in business.
third, they are all in on guzzi.  it's not just a job, they have a real passion for the brand which is easy to see and it generates its own excitement.  the floor is packed with bikes, all models and colors.  i am an instant gratification type of guy, so those like me are much more likely to take one home if the one they want is right there in front of them.
fourth, they embrace selling trading and selling used bikes.  how many of us have gone to a dealer and been told to sell your current bike yourself and come back. who really wants to do that? i have received very fair money on both of the bikes i have traded with them. 
finally, the intangibles.  hard to put into words, but its the experience you get when you visit. always welcomed but no pressure ever.
i think their future looks solid.

Well put and nice analysis. Couldn't agree more on the dealers that say "sell your old vehicle and come back". That just strikes me as lazy, although I know that in the automotive industry the best margins are on the USED vehicles which means the dealers are reluctant to provide anything beyond wholesale pricing for your trade. Sadly they just don't make anything on new vehicles.

So yes - Enzo's model to sell and service older machines is sound.
Ron James
Ex LM V
Ex SP1000
Ex Eldorado
EX 1000G5
EX 850T3
EX 2003 V11 Stone
EX 1996 California 1100i
EX 2006 Big Breva
1979 1000 G5
1993 California iii
Spine Frame Mongrel
1999 BMW R1100R
Waynesville, Oh

Online vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2019, 08:29:03 AM »
Wow, Curt. I've not seen any Roamer that looked good, 'til yours. That paint, the striping, the eagle on the front fender look great. Those shiny trombones are tres cool as well.
Certainly elegant for a Guzzi.
BTW: After a few dozen bikes over nearly 70 yrs. only 2 older bmw's didn't have clip-ons.
   R3~

Why thank you I love it!
Cyclehoarders Garage
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline rjamesohio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2019, 08:29:47 AM »
Not sure but don't think so.

Curt - Definitely not the same Enzo. Our Enzo was working at BMW of the Tristate in Cincinnati 10 years ago, maybe even longer ago as I've lost track of the time. Not sure if he's FROM Cincy but been there a long time.

Being a Tifosi, I've always thought he had a memorable name. Can't hurt you when you're selling Italian motorcycles!

Ron
Ron James
Ex LM V
Ex SP1000
Ex Eldorado
EX 1000G5
EX 850T3
EX 2003 V11 Stone
EX 1996 California 1100i
EX 2006 Big Breva
1979 1000 G5
1993 California iii
Spine Frame Mongrel
1999 BMW R1100R
Waynesville, Oh

Online vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2019, 08:30:08 AM »
It looks great with the Ago's and small shield.  Of course, the good weather on the day you took the photo looks great too.

Thanks! 60 Here Monday!!
Cyclehoarders Garage
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2019, 09:53:37 AM »
Well said Ron!  :thumb:
inditx

This is the day.....

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here