Author Topic: reverse head Guzzi  (Read 7540 times)

Offline Pop

• Gosling
Re: reverse head Guzzi
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »
Saw the same thing some years ago. It looked kool but they hadn't figured out the internals. Did you hear it run? I also thought that there would be airflow benefits, ahhh, what the heck do I know.
Ride to eat, if there ain't food, I ain't goin'

Offline Dukedesmo

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 05:21:43 AM »
Well it gives a shorter, straighter exhaust run, whether that's of much benefit I don't know?

IIRC the Petronas FP1 superbike had a 3 cylinder engine with the intakes at the front/exhaust at the rear and was renowned for shooting flames out of the pipes.

Ducatis also have that setup on the rear cylinder but that's mainly for 'packaging' reasons with regards to airbox setup etc.

It just looks wrong on a Guzzi though...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:22:10 AM by Dukedesmo »
Le Mans II
Ducati 916
Ducati M900

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 06:17:19 AM »
Wish I could find the link to that race Guzzi, I think it was a Spanish team that operated it.

It had the exhausts coming out the sides and if I remember correctly, belt drives, it produced a Ducati challenging output

I seem to remember years ago it went up for sale at a pretty eye watering price, but you'd also have needed your own machine shop to keep it running

IMHO it looked awesome

Possibly somebody else may remember it

pete roper

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 06:35:34 AM »
The DOHC with side exit exhausts? Yup, that was pretty impressive but calling it a 'Guzzi' would be stretching a very long bow John! :laugh: it's also a completely different set up to these reversed head POS that some people think are 'Cool'.

To me 'Cool' has to mean it *Works*, ie, it has tangible benefits in terms of performance. It doesn't just mean it 'Looks' different and therefore must be marvey!

I micturate lavishly and with gusto on this sort of nonsense!

Pete

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 06:35:34 AM »

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 08:00:58 AM »
Quote from: Pop link=topic=91814.msg1449343#msg1449343 date=1502665135. Did you hear it run?
[/quote

I watched him ride in and followed him to where he parked.  Bike is a T-3.
Murphy's  Law sucks!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here