Author Topic: Daughter on her V50  (Read 9011 times)

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Daughter on her V50
« on: July 20, 2015, 08:49:27 PM »
Lol, just found this on my computer. While we were gone looks like my daughter got some practice time in on the little goose,chasing our dog around the hood, or visa versa.  dave

> https://youtu.be/p_zaK7Vqs4w

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Daughter on her V50
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:24:45 PM »
Now that's cool!  That side stand scares me!  Looks like she's doing very well and that little 50 is cool.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 10:11:47 PM »
Nice for her.  And nice digs for a neighborhood.  However, please ask her to wear gloves.  Even garden gloves.  Go watch a few morning episodes of the Tour de France to see what pavement does to naked flesh, even at low speeds.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Loftness

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:28 PM »
Dogs running around freak me out more than traffic does.  She seemed unconcerned so I assume she knows the dog.

Love that bike!
Fletch

2013 V7 Stone
1984 V65sp
1986 Vespa T5
1974 BMW R90/6

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:28 PM »

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:58:31 PM »
Dogs running around freak me out more than traffic does.  She seemed unconcerned so I assume she knows the dog.

Love that bike!

I think the dog knows running with bikes. No gloves scare me. ..... and blowing 3 stop signs.
Up here a MC license is class 6. You need an RCMP license to blow stop signs.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:02:07 PM by Yukonica »
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
 Dog has a good set of lungs and legs to keep up with that.  Probably not too old either.
 Hope he knows enough to watch for cars when running with the bike.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 11:04:18 PM »
Nice, but some boots would be good, too.

Rich A

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 03:16:23 AM »
She seems to fit that V50 quite well. Good on her.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 06:43:23 AM »
Great bike. Would love to find something like that for my daughter. Seems you passed the genes down in earnest.
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 07:04:10 AM »
We will definitely be having a little talk about the boots , gloves and especially the stop signs. Jessie, our dog is used to chasing her around on a bicycle, but I don't know about this show.  I was happy to see her clutch wok improved, and the go pro makes it look like she's going a lot faster than she really is, thank Christ. Just when you think you have enough to worry about, but I am glad she shared it. If nothing else the v50 has been luring her home on the weekends as she lives and works in Mass. and it has been a great little bike for her thus far. Now if we could just convince her Mom that she really should have abs, like mabey a Tuono.  :evil: I must say, you folks don't miss much when it comes to details. Thanks for the comments.  dave

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 07:14:24 AM »
Nice, all the best to her.

I'm not gonna get preachy about gear, that's your job.  :wink:

I will say that video drove me nutz about two things.

1. I kept screaming - SHIFT!

and

2. I hate that camera angle lol. I felt like I was looking out the top of my eyeballs and kept trying to lift my head to get a better view down the road.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 07:27:13 AM »
I hear you Kev, before we left we had a little lesson on downshifting, didn't see a whole lot of that going on either. It is a pretty steep hill so you really can't shift to much in the hood other than first and second , that v50 makes virtually now power unless you wind it up. She has improved but has a way to go for sure. How you can walk away from a two day course with a mc license still baffles me. Two of her class mates who barely passed and dropped there bikes repeatedly went straight out and bought Ducati 899's. f*** me gently!     dave

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
...How you can walk away from a two day course with a mc license still baffles me....
At the end of the course I took, the instructor said: "Congratulations, you now know how to ride in a parking lot.  Now, go out there and learn how to ride on the streets, but be careful."
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 08:04:42 AM »
Great little bike, who needs ABS
The only comment I have is the brake lever is a long way from the bars for her tiny hands, perhaps shim it in 1/2"
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »
Good vid, thanks for sharing!  Bike looks great, and I love that dog!  Seems like a perfect neighborhood for practicing riding basics.  Hope she has fun and rides safe! :bike-037:
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 10:09:29 AM »
I'm sorry but dogs should be on a leash if they are going to chase. I was chased by a dog while riding a bicycle and he decided to come after me and much to his surprise was smacked by an oncoming vehicle much like yours almost did in the video.
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 10:10:23 AM »
Interesting that something like this could almost suffice as a virtual test ride. We get to hear starting, idle, shifting and various gears where a lot of tell-tale sounds could really matter. Brakes working smoothly nice clutch engagement.

Don't really feel the need to critique a joyfully presented neighborhood romp.

As far as the stop signs... for ill or nil, that's just about exactly how I'da behaved in the same situation.

Nice neighborhood there. Is that a body of water to the left in the beginning?

Todd.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:11:40 AM by cruzziguzzi »
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Offline boatdetective

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 11:04:17 AM »
Take this opportunity to teach her how to fake out and accellerate past a dog chasing her (NOT her own dog).

Oh yeah, the head guards are on backwards.
Jonathan K
Marblehead, MA

1981 V50III "Gina"
2007 Griso 1100 "Bluto" (departed but not forgotten)
2003 EV "Lola" gone to the "Ridin' Realtor" in Peoria
2007 1200 Sport "Ginger"

"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?"  -Isaac Hayes

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
 She rides better than me......Those neighborhood stop signs don't count   :laugh:

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 02:07:33 PM »
I hear you Kev, before we left we had a little lesson on downshifting, didn't see a whole lot of that going on either. It is a pretty steep hill so you really can't shift to much in the hood other than first and second , that v50 makes virtually now power unless you wind it up. She has improved but has a way to go for sure. How you can walk away from a two day course with a mc license still baffles me. Two of her class mates who barely passed and dropped there bikes repeatedly went straight out and bought Ducati 899's. f$!k me gently!     dave

she got a mc license ???  Here you have to do emergency stops, doing small 8 cicles, and be good in busy trafic.  I would have sugested she gets some lessons.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

canuguzzi

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 02:20:19 PM »
Great video and nice you got your Daughter involved in the sport. Thats a neat V50, something I always wanted but never got. Now, just not enough time to get one and maintain it, I'll live vicariously though the video. Post more when you can, it would be nice to see the rides as she progresses through skill levels.

Offline tiger_one

• Learning about Guzzi
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Push Mountain
    • justjean
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
Great video!  Shows off the little Guzzi very well, some folks may never have even heard one run.

I loved the dog chasing, mine followed me everywhere I went when I was a kid but on a bicycle and there were no fences like today.  He could cut the corners to keep up just like this dog did.

He even tried to go with me when I rode my bike to Junior High, but it was too far and we wouldn't let him.  He was with me every day in grade school tho, only 7 blocks or so.
14 KTM 1190 Adv

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »
No problem with the dog here in the hood. She, (the dog) knows it so well it's impossible to stay ahead of her.she'll just cut off corners to stay ahead. The bottom road where the video starts is privately owned and everyone is pretty cool with dogs. This is Maine after all, no one really gives a hoot. That is Casco Bay you see  , we are fortunate to have water access at the bottom of the street, but it is tidal and is basically mud flats at low tide. We will definitely keep the footage coming when we ride again. She gave me the go pro for fathers day but then took it back to Mass with her,I saw that coming. Thanks for all the comments.Tonight I'm going to spin those head guards around and see about tweeking that front brake lever,thanks for that. dave

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »
Great video, and good for your daughter, and the dog!   For what she was doing, her foot wear was fine, gloves are always a smart idea.   As to the stop sign running and the dog, quite being a bunch of old farts!

Yea, she rolled the stops, but their was no traffic and plenty of time to assess the conditions.  I doubt she ever got over 35mph, and most the time was in the 20-30range.  The dog seemed to understand where he was and what was going on.  I loved it, in just a few short moments, it helps crystalizes what riding is all about.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 08:06:58 PM »
My 1st Guzzi was just like that one. Brings back some good memories. The dog was crackin' me up! He was havin' a BLAST!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »
Great video, and good for your daughter, and the dog!   For what she was doing, her foot wear was fine, gloves are always a smart idea.   As to the stop sign running and the dog, quite being a bunch of old farts!

Yea, she rolled the stops, but their  there was no traffic and plenty of time to assess the conditions.  I doubt she ever got over 35mph, and most the time was in the 20-30range.  The dog seemed to understand where he was and what was going on.  I loved it, in just a few short moments, it helps crystalizes what riding is all about.

I agree with you that the video is a breath of fresh air in a forum of old farts.... but .... every infantryman learns to clean his rifle correctly.
Habits learned early keep you healthy ... and all that.  (I know, I know, I know... old fart)
I wish my daughter showed even an inkling of inclination to ride a bike. Nada, even though every person in my generation (male or female) in the family rides a bike, a horse,  or at minimum a quad. The kid is a rebel... I swear it.

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 03:44:41 PM »
All is not lost - I had thought one of my nieces would be interested after 6 years of motocross when young. But she wasn't at all, quite dismissive, in fact, UNTIL it was convenient. She picked up a modern CB125 from a mate who was upgrading and commuted. Us old farts are often the last to know about it.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »
All is not lost - I had thought one of my nieces would be interested after 6 years of motocross when young. But she wasn't at all, quite dismissive, in fact, UNTIL it was convenient. She picked up a modern CB125 from a mate who was upgrading and commuted. Us old farts are often the last to know about it.

Mal

"Us old Farts?"
... I suppose when the shoe fits... add orthotics, some sports-talc, fresh socks and we are good for another week. :)

Offline tpeever

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 10:53:44 PM »
I think it is great. Young person out on vintage bike, learning the ropes. We need more interest in these bikes from the next generation!!
2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport
2007 Moto Guzzi Nevada
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
1976 BMW R75/6
1974 Norton Commando
1968 Moto Guzzi V700
1967 Triumph TR6C
1961 Norton Dominator

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »
I think it is great. Young person out on vintage bike, learning the ropes. We need more interest in these bikes from the next generation!!
:1:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here