Author Topic: Dave Roper Film Screening...from The Larz Anderson Museum...March 23...$10  (Read 1198 times)

Online SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
Motorcycle Man: A Virtual Screening and Discussion • Tue. March 23, 2021 • 7pm

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 7pm
ONLINE PRESENTATION

Please join us virtually for a rare opportunity to screen the award-winning short documentary Motorcycle Man and speak with the star and director.

Please note the screening and discussion will occur separately. Each registered participant will be given a code to screen the film up to 72 hours prior to the discussion.

MOTORCYCLE MAN (trailer)
Motorcycle Man is a short documentary about a man who has pursued a single passion in life: motorcycle racing. Dave Roper has raced every year since 1972, competing at racetracks around the world and winning a reputation as a folk hero of the sport.

But Roper is hardly an adrenaline addict. He takes a philosophical approach to racing, viewing it as a test of mental and physical abilities. As he enters his twilight years, Roper reflects on the unconventional path he has followed in life, the dangers he has faced and the choices he has made.

Motorcycle Man follows Roper from a workshop in Brooklyn to his home on Long Island to a racetrack in Canada. Along the way he encounters autograph-seeking admirers, old friends and fellow racers eager to test their skills on the track. It also delves into Roper's past, including his victory at the UK’s Isle of Man Tourist Trophy in 1984, when he became the first American ever to win the notoriously dangerous race. 

Motorcycle Man celebrates the speed, sweat and thrill of motorcycle racing, while offering a meditation on craft, obsession and what it takes to pursue your dreams.

Daniel Lovering is an award-winning documentary filmmaker and journalist. He is the founder and creative director of Bagamor Media, a production company, and has worked as a cinematographer on independent documentaries and television series. His first feature-length documentary, “Through the Place,” won the Best Architecture Film award at the 2016 New Urbanism Film Festival in Los Angeles and the Festival Director’s Award at the Queen City Film Festival in Cumberland, Maryland. An experienced journalist, Daniel has reported from more than a dozen countries. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, The Economist and Foreign Policy, among other publications. Daniel worked for eight years as a staff writer for The Associated Press in Asia and the United States, reporting on subjects ranging from business and politics to war and natural disasters. He began his career in film and television production, working as an intern on the children’s television series “Bill Nye, the Science Guy.”

AWARDS
WINNER - Best Short Film - Newburyport Documentary Film Festival 2019
WINNER - Best Short Documentary - MotoTematica - Rome Motorcycle Film Festival 2019
WINNER - Best Feature - Santa Cruz Moto Film Festival 2020
WINNER - Bronze Remi Award - WorldFest Houston International Film Festival 2019

Don’t miss your chance to participate in this exciting opportunity!

$10 per person

REGISTER NOW!

Visit larzanderson.org

Facebook ‌ Twitter ‌ Instagram ‌
Larz Anderson Auto Museum
15 Newton Street
Brookline, MA 02445

Online SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
I heard and met Dave Roper at a fund-raising dinner at Vanson Leathers a few years ago.  He talked extensively about his IOM experience.  It was a real treat. I’m hoping my schedule permits screening this.  It’s worth throwing $10.00 into the pot regardless.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Online SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
Is this the same Dave Roper of Wild Guzzi fame?
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Wildguzzi.com

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
No.

oldbike54

Is this the same Dave Roper of Wild Guzzi fame?

That's "Pete" Roper , a great mechanic , but even by his own admission really slow  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
Steve I couldn't find a link to register. ??
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
 I have to say I have had the honor of bing passed by Dave Roper on while riding on Steve's Tiddler tour. And one time with a half hour head start ,with having to take a ferry crossing.
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
When I began riding with that group I was warned. 'Don't pass Dave. If you do you will be chain whipped'. So far so good. The mans kindness is above all others. Enjoy the ride.  R3~

Online SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
I registered and donated to the museum.  Two worthy causes in my view.  Now to explain to my lovely wife that I need to watch a movie in the middle of our Florida vacation...
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline NWrider

• Gosling
March 23rd 7PM  ---- what time zone?

Online SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
Eastern Standard...Larz Anderson is in Brookline, Massachusetts.

SR

Offline Swedemoto

• Hatchling
I have visited the museum in Brookline. It's worth a look if you are in Boston.

Offline Swedemoto

• Hatchling
Re: Dave Roper Film Screening...from The Larz Anderson Museum...March 23...$10
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 06:09:07 PM »
For those of you who have not seen the documentary. I got this email a few days ago:

Coming to PBS: Motorcycle Man

Friends and supporters,

We have been showing "Motorcycle Man," our short documentary about Dave Roper, to audiences in the United States and Europe in recent months, with events in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Lisbon (Portugal), Berlin (Germany) and the UK. Most screenings have been followed by lively discussions with Dave about everything from his favorite racetracks to his advice for young racers.

Now we're getting ready to bring the film to a wider audience: public television viewers across the United States. "Motorcycle Man" will make its television debut on Vermont PBS starting on November 11 (it will be available to stream on the station's website for one month). The Vermont PBS broadcast area includes Vermont as well as parts of New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Quebec, Canada. Check your local listings for broadcast times.

Meanwhile, we are working on plans for a national PBS broadcast and subsequent regional broadcasts over the next three years. As part of that effort, we have an opportunity to work with a small number of corporate or individual sponsors who would be recognized each time "Motorcycle Man" airs on PBS. If you or your company would like to reach PBS viewers across the country by sponsoring our broadcast, please reply to this message or email me at dlovering@bagamormedia.com for more details. Sponsorship fees go directly toward the cost of making and distributing the film.

Thanks to everyone who has attended one of our screenings this year or supported the film in other ways. And to those of you in the United States, we look forward to bringing you "Motorcycle Man" over the airwaves soon!

Daniel Lovering
Director/Producer, "Motorcycle Man"

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2021, 09:25:09 AM »
Now showing on Vermont PBS https://www.vermontpbs.org/madehere/
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2021, 10:11:24 AM »
That was fun! :bow:
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here