Author Topic: When the prime season closes, what project do you have on tap for the winter?  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
Re: When the prime season closes, what project do you have on tap for the winter?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 08:50:29 PM »
I’ll finish my G5 custom and then start on a 77R100S, with a rebuild of my Gravely in between. The UPS man will love me.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline et18

• Hatchling
Re: When the prime season closes, what project do you have on tap for the winter?
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 08:57:55 PM »
Nothing as impressive as some of the other postings here but I probably have 10~20 hours of work this winter depending on how much stuff I break:

'14 1400 Touring:  24K service, maybe do the moaning whale fix and maybe another rear tire
'94 R1100RS: Just plugs and valves lash adjustment, but maybe new suspension if I decide I have too much money laying around, but probably not. 
'01 R1200C:  SS brake lines, fork seals and shift linkage maintenance.

In January sometimes it's nice to take an FTO day and just mess around in the garage for the day.
2014 California Touring
1994 BMW R1100RS
2001 BMW R1200C

Offline wrbix

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2020, 09:12:26 PM »
It's going to be the Aero Lario II ... The bike will mount up as a pusher unit with the rear wheel removed and a prop run off the "final drive" ...

:boozing:
LOL....expect substantial yaw effect.  :thumb:
Bill in VA, sometimes FL

"Eschew aphorism"

LeMans IV - "Giulia"
Lario - "Giulietta"
V50III cafe'd - "Leggera"
‘77 Convert - “Sofia”
BMW airheads: R100RS, R100CS, R100GS, R100RT, R60/2 sidecar rig
Classic Mini
‘60 Austin Healey Sprite
Caterham Super Seven Sprint
‘13 Audi TTRS
Grumman AA5B (sold)

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 11:06:19 PM »
I'm no flyboy, but I would expect a Guzzi to deliver on the "roll" axis ... This probably explains why my pilot's license has not arrived in the mail.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 11:06:19 PM »

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2020, 11:32:05 PM »
Nothing much. Little bit of groundskeeping. I have been spending the cooler days going through many years of collected "stuff" in the garage.  Yesterday I organized a pile of old magazine articles I had written in the 90s. Then I found a big pile of vintage M/C advertizing from various aftermarket accessory companies. Some of it laughable. Shyteload of old MGNOC newsletters gotta go. Lotsa press releases, tech manuals and pamphets from Guzzi, BMW, Triumph, HD and Yamaha. Probably gonna try to EBAY that stuff, as my kids will simply trash bin them when found. I need to purge my shed and toss some mismatched junk fenders and such. After that, time for our annual trip to the beach...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:33:51 AM by Shorty »
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Online s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2020, 05:44:25 AM »
Always something to do.. :grin:

Interesting strongback..  Ive seen them used in boatbuilding, but didnt know they were used in wing construction.
Paul B

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2020, 06:52:34 AM »
..... "Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!"

"Look! Up in the sky!"
"It's a bird!"...............it’s a ___Legal Eagle_____  :smiley:

Exactly what model I’m waiting to hear as well. Nice work.......again.
A legal "ultralight" with wooden wings, chrome moly tube fuselage, and a 3 cylinder radial  :smiley: for power. Yes, I thought about an inverted Guzzi with a dry sump, but it makes it's power at too high an rpm for a propeller. I *have* a reduction drive, but then the whole package is too heavy.
It is *something to do* during this enforced staycation..and believe me, there is always something to do when you build an airplane, even something as simple as this.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline DougG

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 08:39:12 AM »
Hi Chuck,                                                                           9-28-20

SWEET!  Will it have canvas wings or maybe aluminum skin?   :bow:

Be well, Stay well,

DougG
A possum playing possum is no big deal.  Find one that can play giraffe, now you got yourself something!

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
In the final throes of sorting out my restored Ambo ('70) so hopefully i can ride that on the nice weather days and decide if I like it or not.

If I really dig the ambo, I will start my 2nd Ambo ('73) with a 1100 swap and some other restomod touches-- I'll keep that one and sell the cherry restored one to finance it

In the meantime, the breva needs the tank off for some vent and fuel cap love, plus change all the fluids, oil, drive oil, trans, brake, clutch..  Still trying to get guzidiag to work on that so I can swap the cat for a y-pipe, inner & outer plugs, and a TB clean/balance

The v65 has been running sweet, but I have it back apart to sort out a better gasket situation on the tank conversion-- hopefully spend a Saturday getting that in order and have it for misty commutes when i dont want to dirty the Ambo

Lots of house work on the horizon- we bought a great house back in Feb, but lots of deferred maintenance to work on, plus I'm clearing a lot of grown up brush and reclaiming some of the yard from the woods- after a few full days of that I've decided to let it die back for the winter before I go further-its a lot of work! 

Right now all my time is eaten up with building an AirBnB apartment in my basement- I'm about 8mos in on what should have been a 4mo project. Slow going when you do it all yourself!
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 12:54:19 PM »
Finish putting my boat engine(350 Chevy) back together and get it in the boat and running before winter.
Next will be this. Hasn't run in at least ten years, needs a full mechanical rebuild.
Larry

private image upload

'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Offline Jorg66

• Gosling
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
Taking apart our little CB 125 S , rusted up like mad, ,new paint and other gismos and turn it into a Cafe Racer. Just  Little tinkering for winter. Right now looks like Riding Season has come to an End up here till April of next.
Now 2019 California ,,2018 [ New] V7 III Carbon Dark
Ex  1979 Kreidler Florett, 1980 Z 550 , 1969Nuovo Falcone/ Polizzia,2006 VTX 1300 C ,1982 Honda CB 125 S

Offline Jim Rich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 06:47:45 PM »
Brew a batch of ale or two, bake some bread.

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2020, 12:47:15 AM »
I have been avoiding brewing, but when the temps drop I will be tempted ...
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2020, 06:19:55 AM »
I have been avoiding brewing, but when the temps drop I will be tempted ...

Norman.. I don't think the temperature drops much in Sandy Eggo..

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2020, 06:20:55 AM »
Hi Chuck,                                                                           9-28-20

SWEET!  Will it have canvas wings or maybe aluminum skin?   :bow:

Be well, Stay well,

DougG

It will be fabric covered.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2020, 06:22:49 AM »
We always pick up a couple two or three bikes, when the snow starts to fly.  Some of them will need a lot of TLC;  others, not so much.
They all get a good "once over"

It's better than watching TV.
 :thumb:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:25:19 AM by kballowe »

Offline TOMB

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2020, 08:19:39 PM »
My winter project, as soon as my new shed arrives in two weeks,

Bought this in March of this year with intentions of having it ready by August , Well you know the rest of what happens to the best made plans.

Well not going to happen but March looks better.

TOMB

TOMB

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
1972 Eldorado new to me so "0" miles so far
1972 AMBASSADOR 169000 MILES
1978 G5 170000 MILES
1973 V7 SPORT 25000 MILES
1973 ELDORADO 300000+ MILES
1980 CX100 50 MILES
1976 CONVERT-62000 MILES AND BUILDING
1976 HONDA CB400F 27 MILES AND BUILDING SOLD

MGNOC # 2723

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here