General Category > General Discussion

Stereo eARC Question

(1/5) > >>

LowRyter:
You guys are tech savvy, so I could use some technical advice. I recently got a new Devon receiver and an LG TV. I wanted to use that eARC feature. So here's the deal, I have to go through some menus to set it up. But when I have it on, it takes over my stereo.

Sometimes, I'd like to mute my TV (cc) and listen to music. I can't seem to do that with the eARC function. It's so menu driven to link/delink it, very time consuming. So instead, I am using them independently where I just link the optical cable from the cable box to the receiver. But that means I have turn the TV and receiver on separately, and I can't merely mute my TV, the Mute Icon says on the screen, so have to turn the TV volume to "0".

It also means that I can't get my TV antenna programming sound to my receiver unless I can rig a connection with another optical and don't know if that would work.

Anyway. I set up my turntable, first time in years. I'm listening to Keith Jarret's "Backhand". It's a quartet, bass, drums, sax and piano. Never made it to CD. Someone gave me promo copy (1974), I guess he didn't like jazz. Great LP BTW.

geoff in almonte:
It's a mystery to me.  I called the Geek Squad.

G

LowRyter:

--- Quote from: geoff in almonte on January 24, 2022, 07:42:30 AM ---It's a mystery to me.  I called the Geek Squad.

G

--- End quote ---

Did the Geek Squad answer?

I wrote LG an e-mail.  I'm tempted to take it back a get a larger tv anyway. 

jrt:
I believe eARC is designed to provide the signal to control the amplifier.  So- if you have eARC enabled, it is going to automatically set the input. Part of the design spec is so that there needs be only one remote (or so I've read).  Can you change the input on the amp after you turn the TV/amp on?

twowings:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-arc-explained-works-care/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version