General Category > General Discussion

Ducati First Ride

(1/4) > >>

Scout63:
After a month or so of going over the Duc I finished it today and took it for a short ride to pick up dinner.  Here is the first start video.  It took quite a few kicks, but really just since I didn’t know how much gas to give it.  Much easier to kick than the Norton or SR. Video quality isn’t great.

https://youtu.be/gGMiwq-2svc

I quickly realized that I’m going to have to limber up to ride the bike any distance.  It’s hard to get my feet back onto the pegs without an effort. Once there, it’s not too bad.  Then I ran out of gas on the way home but reserve got me the rest of the way.  It did have me looking at the T3 seat and floorboards with new respect.

Scout63:
And a picture of the bike completed.

Kiwi_Roy:
It looks and sounds good  :thumb:

spmoto:
Nice Big Ben!!
Steve

Tusayan:
I removed the 2 into 1 exhaust on mine in 1993, a month or so after I bought it.  I still have it on a shelf as memorabilia.  Looks to be a very nice ‘77 otherwise (‘78s had the Darmah engine with no shift crossover) and actually more comfortable than some that followed (try a 916).  The tight legroom is motivation to get skinny and limber, with that there’s no reason you can’t ride it into your 70s.  Fat old men need not apply, so don’t be one of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version