General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Guzzi 1100 custom build

<< < (26/32) > >>

buzzer:
out in the daylight for the first time in a while  ;D

buzzer:
One of the things I wanted on this build was a clean looking rear end.  I struggled to find a rear light that was suitable, so in the end I have fitted three 10mm superbrite LED’s as a rear light, and used a resister and diode so its bright and then brighter to act as a stop light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Mc2fn0_Kc

buzzer:
I have made a few similar Hall Effect ignition pickups in the past and they have worked brilliantly. This is a refinement on those.  This time I have used an alloy cam wheel and put the magnets directly into that, rather than use a separate wheel.  the magnets are 3mm as opposed to the 4mm ones I have used in the past, lets hope they are OK!  I also swapped out the allen bolts for some none magnetic A4 ones just in case it picked those up.

Previously I have had a small discrepancy in the timing cylinder to cylinder, which is OK as I can compensate for that in the Ignitech software...  But it irritated me that I had to do that!  I put it down to my rotary table that is not the best and only measures degrees and its difficult to get the holes for the sensors precisely 135 degrees apart.  This this time I borrowed a mates table that is very accurate and can measure to minutes. It was a pleasure to use such a wonderful piece of quality kit!  Making the pickup plate took some time, probably the most accurate work I have done in a while!

I am not sure i needed the heat sink, but it looked aesthetically pleasing so I used it.

Pescatore:

--- Quote from: buzzer on March 19, 2023, 08:34:09 AM ---I have made a few similar Hall Effect ignition pickups in the past and they have worked brilliantly...

--- End quote ---

Wow, even the electrics are custom. Are the pickups also from Ignitech, which you installed into the hub you fabricated?
I like the heat sink fins.

--- Quote from: buzzer on March 10, 2023, 08:24:52 AM ---...  Although we have three kids and two granddaughters they are not interested in what I do, so I don't have anyone to pass my skills onto, hence I blog about it :grin:

I like to fabricate things...  not just bikes!  a couple of years ago my wife asked for a BBQ...  and fire pit... 

--- End quote ---

You can teach me!  I will relocate to England for a few years.  I could sleep in your shop, keep the bikes shiny...
Seriously, blogging and video tutorials are a great way to spread the wealth. Thank you.

buzzer:

--- Quote from: Pescatore on March 19, 2023, 10:01:29 AM ---Wow, even the electrics are custom. Are the pickups also from Ignitech, which you installed into the hub you fabricated?
I like the heat sink fins.

You can teach me!  I will relocate to England for a few years.  I could sleep in your shop, keep the bikes shiny...
Seriously, blogging and video tutorials are a great way to spread the wealth. Thank you.

--- End quote ---

The pickups are just some latching Hall sensors and a bit of circuitry to make them work with an induction type TCIP4 ignitech They do actually sell one specifically for Hall, but I think it just incorporates what I have replicated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version