General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Guzzi 1100 custom build

<< < (28/32) > >>

Turin:
I usually don't care for orange, but that really pops. Maybe I should go orange...

Huzo:
It’s sort of like his signature on what he does.
You could see a custom bike in the distance and if it’s that colour, you’ll be reasonably sure it’s a “Buzz Build…”

buzzer:

--- Quote from: Canuck750 on April 17, 2023, 10:00:55 AM ---I like your choice of colour on the great bikes you build. Have you ever thought of building a Laverda special? Orange is the perfect colour for a Laverda. With your exceptional skill set the result would send the Laverda guys drooling.

--- End quote ---

One of my first ever restorations was a Jota...  that's where my love of Orange and silver came from!

Way back in 1980 I bunked a day off work and went to the Laverda importers, Slaters in Bromyard.  He tossed me some keys to a Jota and said "I am off for some dinner, don't come back for two hours” Well I was hooked, but couldn’t afford it…  So I looked around for a tatty one and found one for £300!  Those were the days.  I restored it and had 30 years of pleasure from that bike!
Soon after it was restored I popped in to see Richard Slater on the bike, and he commented on the paintwork, and said he needed a tank and body work painting urgently…  He asked if he could have the tank and bodywork off my bike!  So we took it all off, put on a brand new tank and panels and I rode off!   I did lots of paint jobs for him subsequently…
One other story is I went one day and he was moaning that the factory had no footrest plates…  he had quite a few bikes off the road and customers were complaining…  He gave me some broken plates ( they broke when the bike fell over) and I took them home…

I welded the parts together and fillered them until they were to shape… I then sprayed them with polyester spraying filler to increase the size by 1/77 which is how much cast alloy shrinks.  I then cast some up in a sand mould and machined them up!  He was over the moon!  I sold probably 100 sets over the years…
On the back of the casting I always put TL…  When I see a Laverda I always look to see if there are my plates on it!  I have found two so far!

Thats me in 1982 in Spain on the Jota!

buzzer:

here is one that might interest you Guzzi guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7wXn--i4Q

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: buzzer on April 18, 2023, 03:10:22 AM ---One of my first ever restorations was a Jota...  that's where my love of Orange and silver came from!

Way back in 1980 I bunked a day off work and went to the Laverda importers, Slaters in Bromyard.  He tossed me some keys to a Jota and said "I am off for some dinner, don't come back for two hours” Well I was hooked, but couldn’t afford it…  So I looked around for a tatty one and found one for £300!  Those were the days.  I restored it and had 30 years of pleasure from that bike!
Soon after it was restored I popped in to see Richard Slater on the bike, and he commented on the paintwork, and said he needed a tank and body work painting urgently…  He asked if he could have the tank and bodywork off my bike!  So we took it all off, put on a brand new tank and panels and I rode off!   I did lots of paint jobs for him subsequently…
One other story is I went one day and he was moaning that the factory had no footrest plates…  he had quite a few bikes off the road and customers were complaining…  He gave me some broken plates ( they broke when the bike fell over) and I took them home…

I welded the parts together and fillered them until they were to shape… I then sprayed them with polyester spraying filler to increase the size by 1/77 which is how much cast alloy shrinks.  I then cast some up in a sand mould and machined them up!  He was over the moon!  I sold probably 100 sets over the years…
On the back of the casting I always put TL…  When I see a Laverda I always look to see if there are my plates on it!  I have found two so far!

Thats me in 1982 in Spain on the Jota!

--- End quote ---

Great history! Thanks for sharing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version