Author Topic: Guzzi Riders Needed In Austin For Short Video Shoot  (Read 3741 times)

Bill Havins

Guzzi Riders Needed In Austin For Short Video Shoot
« on: March 04, 2015, 08:49:11 AM »
Well, this thread is a bit unusual.  And it will be the first "reveal" to the world of what I have been working on for the past two years.

Over the past several years I have done some prototyping work for an ophthalmologist friend who had an idea for a new type of eyewear.  Two years ago he asked me to become the "chief operations officer" of the company and push to get the sunglasses manufactured and into the marketplace.  Our products will be manufactured in Italy.  They will use lenses manufactured by one of the top lens companies in the world.  And they use other components made in the U.S.A.  All of these relationships are now well-established.

It is too soon to say anything else about them.

Now to the purpose of this thread.  The weekend of April 24 our company "team" will be in Austin, Texas, with a video production company, shooting an information video about our sunglasses.  We will be shooting in a number of locales around Austin and the general Austin area.  We want to gather some video of a very small group of motorcyclists wearing our frames.  I will be there with my EV in the group.

If you live in the general Austin area and would be willing to help us with the motorcyclists shots please let me know.  We are hoping to find both young, middle-aged, and older riders (that's me, heavy sigh).  And other brands of motorcycles are more than welcome.  Old scooters, new scooters, we're wanting a mixture.  We are hoping to put together a small group of people who are "comfortable" and can be themselves even when they are aware they are in the viewfinder of a camera.

If you are willing to help please send me an email.

Thanks!

Bill
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:12:08 AM by Bill Havins »

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
Re: Guzzi Riders Needed In Austin For Short Video Shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse to come up for the day from Houston on the Norge!  Where would you guys be doing the shoot?
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

190 Octane

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:14:47 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse to come up for the day from Houston on the Norge!  Where would you guys be doing the shoot?

I was thinking the same.  I'll be in Austin the previous weekend for the Lone Star Roundup, and Fort Worth the fallowing weekend for the Pate swap meet. 

I'll likely stay close to home the weekend of the 24, but I could be talked into a group ride to Austin that weekend.

Bill Havins

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »

....Where would you guys be doing the shoot?

I really can't offer much at this point.  There may be an easy riding shot or two, and there may be a "static" shot or two.  Weather will dictate some of what is done.

For those willing to participate I'll have more (and specific) information later.  At a minimum I'll buy lunch.  ("Cheap so-and-so.  Yeah you'll buy my lunch!  You must ride a Guzzi...")

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:25:25 PM by Bill Havins »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »

Offline Rob in Austin

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:35:54 PM »
Im down- sounds like a good time.

emailed you...

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:52:46 PM »
Sounds like fun...more than happy to ride up as a group from Houston surrounding areas...so count me in...weather permitting of course!  Looking forward to seeing the new Aviators or maybe I should say modern day Baruffaldis!  :)
Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Bill Havins

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 07:24:20 PM »

I will begin to send specifics after the weekend of March 14.  We're doing some shooting here in Abilene that weekend.  The video people will have their whole plan put together by then.

If you are interested in participating, or even if you just want to watch the show (  ;D ) send me an email (click the email icon under my avatar) and I'll add your information to the "Austin Shoot" list (does that sound too ominous?).

Thanks to all!   8)

Bill

Bill Havins

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »

I'm running this up to the top one more time.  Sorry.

If anyone else is interested please let me know.  We'll be glad to cover both fuel costs and lunch.  How can you beat that?  ;D  And we'll also offer some pretty steep discounts on our sunglasses (more on that later...).

Thanks!

Bill

Offline guzzi ride

• "One more day I find myself alive Tomorrow maybe go beneath the ground" Garcia/Hunter
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »
I've got a K60 front that I'm gonna try on my 640 adv. I usually run the TKC's which work
great, but a short life.

Bill Havins

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »
I've got a K60 front that I'm gonna try on my 640 adv. I usually run the TKC's which work
great, but a short life.

???  Gotta' be the wrong thread...  ;)

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »
Woke up this morning and remembered this item from a while back...hoping that good weather (aka rainstorms) don't hit too hard in Austin...it's a washout here this morning in Houston at least until noonish...hoping it clears up after that for a ride today and tomorrow.

Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Bill Havins

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 08:16:19 AM »
We cancelled the shoot early in the week because of the forecast.  By canceling "early" we saved $2K in equipment rentals.  We're trying to reschedule for early in May. 

Weather....  In drought-stricken Texas we're glad to have the rain.

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 08:30:08 AM »
Aha!  Good luck...I'll have to miss it...will be riding the Southwest a bit on the Norge.  Would still be interested to see the product lineup once you get ready to start selling them! 

Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here