Author Topic: *** Friendly Reminder regarding PM's ***  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
*** Friendly Reminder regarding PM's ***
« on: February 21, 2019, 04:47:43 PM »
If you do not want me to see them, please don't reply using your email program. You should always click the link in your email instead. Doing that will take you directly to your PM system where you can reply.

So, if you reply to the email you get that notifies you about the PM, it will come to me instead. 

I will NOT relay these to your intended recipients. Sorry, but I have enough going on and adding the responsibility of relaying 10-20 PM's per day is not in the cards. 

That is all. Carry on :evil:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:31:22 PM by Luap McKeever »
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited
2021 TaoTao TBR7

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: *** Friendly Reminder regarding PM's ***
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 06:10:16 PM »
If you do not want me to see them, please don't reply using your email program. You should always click the link in your email instead. Doing that will take you directly to your PM system where you can reply.

So, if you reply to the email you get that notifies you about the PM, it will come to me instead. 

I will NOT relay these to your intended recipients. Sorry, but I have enough going on and adding the responsibility of relaying 10-20 PM's per day is not in the cards. 

That is all. Carry on :evil:

One thing that many lists do (and it IS a convenience) is for the PM Notification Email to NOT include the text of the PM, but only provide a link to the proper place back at WG, where a proper reply can be done.

That would save you a lot of traffic, because if there's nothing to reply to, no one will try to reply to the wrong Email address.

If that's a software "setting", I highly recommend it.   If it's a "you gotta pay for that customization", then forget it!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
Re: *** Friendly Reminder regarding PM's ***
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 10:43:45 AM »
One thing that many lists do (and it IS a convenience) is for the PM Notification Email to NOT include the text of the PM, but only provide a link to the proper place back at WG, where a proper reply can be done.

That would save you a lot of traffic, because if there's nothing to reply to, no one will try to reply to the wrong Email address.

If that's a software "setting", I highly recommend it.   If it's a "you gotta pay for that customization", then forget it!

Lannis

Not an option here.

I've received 6 today so far. I really hope people aren't relying on the conducting of serious business with the PM system. If so, they're missing out.
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited
2021 TaoTao TBR7

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here