Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Set-screw size?
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 12:08:45 AM »
Original Lucas signals had stems that were threaded 7/16-14.

I have an Aprilia signal somewhere around here, will have dig it out and measure the set screw.

They were used on some 850-Ts as far as I know.

Aprilias were also used on V7 Sports sold in Italy.  The one in their museum has them.  When I bought my V7 Sport many years ago, it came with no turn signals.  Lucas signals were standard on US V7 Sports.  I needed to add turn signals, so I figured why not go with the Aprilias?  They are made of metal, unlike the plastic Lucas ones. But I'd be very interested to know what your Aprilia signal takes for a set screw.  Thx!

General Discussion / different header pipes on loopframe
« Last post by ray bear on April 17, 2024, 10:37:23 PM »
have acquired another Eldorado that requires major work so will be rebuilding with a big bore 950 kit and have a spare pair of cylinder heads from a Convert that would seem appropriate  to fit the big bore kit  with the larger pipes however my question  will convert / G5 header pipes fit the loop frame , I have an Eldorado and a convert but dont have a spare set of convert header pipes I can try and line up to see if they will come somewhere close and my Eldo has floor boards and the new project bike has pegs so its a big guess and hope someone here has been down this path before me . Thanks Ray
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on April 17, 2024, 09:44:04 PM »
Original Lucas signals had stems that were threaded 7/16-14.

I have an Aprilia signal somewhere around here, will have dig it out and measure the set screw.

They were used on some 850-Ts as far as I know. 
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 17, 2024, 09:41:42 PM »
There has to be a parts fiche on the net some where that will give the information.

Been there, done that.  The set screw is not identified, no surprise there.
General Discussion / Re: Yesterday's big adventure
« Last post by 1wild1 on April 17, 2024, 09:21:57 PM »
10.5 hours on the V85TT that day. Traffic was crazy from St. Louis going south on hwy55. Got some good shots though.

« Last post by ridingron on April 17, 2024, 09:18:28 PM »
What model are the turn signals from?

There has to be a parts fiche on the net some where that will give the information.
General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by LowRyter on April 17, 2024, 09:00:58 PM »
missing here

multis  <RPMs
General Discussion / Re: Knuckle Duster Head Protectors!
« Last post by Tom H on April 17, 2024, 08:53:18 PM »
Guzzi Classics said he didn't have them as pictured.

Tom
General Discussion / Re: Breather hose on V7 Sport
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 17, 2024, 08:26:53 PM »
I use this hose: https://www.mcmaster.com/5235K55/ It's soft and flexible enough that it can be greased up and inserted through the metal holder fairly easily. I cut the end at a sharp angle which aids in inserting it through the holder.

Great info! I ordered one.  It must be a lot softer than Gates rubber if you were able to cut the end at a sharp angle.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 17, 2024, 08:23:56 PM »
Unfortunately, I used thread gauges at three different stores.  The only one that would accept it was a 10-32, but 10-32 screws will not fit into the turn signal.  That is the reason I posted the question here.  I hoped someone might have had to replace one and would know. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here