Author Topic: Unit Forks  (Read 1979 times)

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
Unit Forks
« on: February 24, 2015, 08:05:24 AM »
Has anyone dealt with Hedingham/Unit since taken over from Dave Hedingham? A client is looking to have me hang a sidecar on his Convert. I've been emailing Unit and they seem to have found the correct jig to build one for me. They want payment in full in advance, that makes me a little nervous. Thoughts?
Joe Walano

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Unit Forks
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
I dealt with them years ago, certainly quality products, but you need to be long on trust...I do recall their leading link forks were impossible to fit into the stock triple tree of the '83 SP I was putting them on - without first removing the powder coating which thickened the tubing more than enough to not fit with that on there.  Once removed in that section of the tubing, I could just get them in.  I must have repainted them to protect from rust, but don't remember.  I think the fellow I was dealing with was Keith Wash, so quite a while ago.
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Unit Forks
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »
I put a Unit front end on the Jack-All. They said they had never had their forks installed on a Jackal and asked me to send them measurements. Did that, and they sent me the forks. I still had to jump through hoops to get them fit up, but they are a nice piece of kit.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here