Author Topic: '98 California EV11 throttle friction  (Read 304 times)

Offline EV11Jack

• New Egg
'98 California EV11 throttle friction
« on: June 14, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »
Hi all, After some surgery for carpal tunnel and trigger finger syndrome, my right hand is giving me problems with the throttle. I've bought one of those junky plastic attachments for the throttle but it slips and really doesn't help me much in keeping the throttle opened.
I know that it has a "cruise control" on the end of the control, but it won't stay tight, allowing me to lessen my grip on it. I've gone through DVD and workshop manual and there isn't anything that helps me to understand how to increase the friction setting. I'm not comfortable in just starting to tighten screws etc. with the hope of getting it right.
Can anyone direct me as to how I can increase the friction (but not too much) which will allow me to loosen my "death-grip" on the throttle?
cheers,
Jack
1998 EV11 California

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Re: '98 California EV11 throttle friction
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 06:39:48 PM »
I don't know if they are still available, but ThrottleMeister was very popular for this Guzzi model.  It has an easily adjustable internal friction.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 06:48:17 PM »
Depending on what kind of grip you have, some double sided tape can keep the Throttlerocker or similar gizmo from slipping. Not much to loose trying that.

Rich A

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 07:17:08 PM »
I have a Throttlemeister on my EV. Does a great job. Don’t think they’re available anymore. I have a spare set that fits the K1100RS - if it’s the same as the EV, I’ll let you know.

94 R100R Mystic , 92 K75S, 98 EV, 17 Stelvio NTX

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 07:17:08 PM »

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:19:58 PM »
I don’t think this is what you want but I swear by the “ Omni-cruise”. I’ve had it on 4-5 bikes and just love it.  Adjustable tension on the fly even with big gloves (aerostich). Machined aluminum super nice company owner too.  Highly recommend and “ adv rider” discount so it’s like 36-40 bucks

nh4 structure
1994 California 1100

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here