Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Not ran in 17 years
« Last post by Walter on Today at 07:30:05 PM »
Vehicle hoarders drive me crazy.  They seem to love telling people that are asking about their stuff that it is not for sale, as they let it all rot into the ground.  The worst case of this I ever encountered was just a few years ago when I came across a family in Houston that had been parking cars in a field on their ranch when done with them for the past 50 years.  The best of them was a low mileage loaded 1970 RT Charger, and a 1966 Mustang fastback with 22,000 miles.  I tried to salvage them but they had rusted at what appeared to be an atomic level.  At the moment I have a V50ii with 700 original miles.  It was used for 6 months and then left in a shed for 44 years.  I have no idea yet whether it will be viable to get back on the road.  For now it is garage art until I get to it.  Some people are nuts!
General Discussion / Re: Offically an old geezer rider
« Last post by leroysch on Today at 07:25:46 PM »
Hey...no fair post-dating geezerhood entry!
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 07:20:25 PM »
There's a 77 T3 sitting on other side of the shop, been sitting real long time. He bought it new from dealer in Athens.
« Last post by cliffrod on Today at 06:36:00 PM »
Hot damn, Steve.  Have a good ride.   
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 05:53:47 PM »
Well, worked on it 3 times now ready to start. Was supposed to be today but owner got wrong batt.
This Blue & Sand colored bike has an ECU that say's V11Sport, bike originally bought used from Harpers.
Owner is in no hurry, I do believe it'll start right up unless pump don't work. No corrosion on any wiring or pins, I pulled all relays & added DeOxit but were clean. Full of red dust & mud needs a good wash & not by me.
I'll ride it next time, brakes still work ok. Unbelievable, it's been in a real dry open sided hay barn.
General Discussion / Re: Clutch lever stick and release
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 05:50:04 PM »
I had a failing throttle cable do that,some of the strands had broken and the return spring wasn’t strong enough for it to back out when I wanted to slow down.
General Discussion / Re: Mysterious oil dripping on my loop
« Last post by bigbikerrick on Today at 05:18:04 PM »
Thanks charlie. Both excellent ideas.I am going to drain/refill with 700 cc. I have also added a bit longer hose and routed it better, going a bit higher on the frame. If that does not take care of it, I will add a catch bottle.
Rick
General Discussion / Re: I made a cluch adjustment tool - V85TT content
« Last post by Gino on Today at 04:35:13 PM »
 Nice idea
I’ll copy that and have a go
You might consider adding a small catch bottle on that hose. It's also safe to reduce the oil fill to 700 cc vs. 750 cc.
Parking brake is installed and the TC plumbing is all set and primed.  The braided steel enforced lines passed muster but the others were replaced.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here