Author Topic: Scammers getting creative!  (Read 3714 times)

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Scammers getting creative!
« on: May 10, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »
Jeez, I can't wait.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
------------------------------------------

DESK OF INSPECTION MANAGER.
Daniel Williams
United Nation Agency.
Inspection Agency Hartsfield-Jackson
International Airport Atlanta, Georgia.

Dear Owner,

I am Daniel Williams , Head of Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agency in Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered an abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta, and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in 2 Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 65kg each.

The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment is delayed and abandoned.

By my assessment, each of the boxes contains about $4M or more.They are  still left in the airport storage facility till today. The Consignments like I said are two  metal trunk boxes weighing about 65kg each (Internal dimension:  W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) effective capacity: 680 L) Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name and email on the official document from United Nations' office in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to reconfirm your full name, Phone Number, full address so I  can cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official documents. It is now left to you to decide if you still need the consignment or allow us repatriate it back to UK
(place of origin) as we were instructed.

Like I did say again, the shipper abandoned it and ran away most importantly because he gave a false declaration, he could not pay for the yellow tag, he could not secure a valid non inspection document(s), etc. I am ready to assist you in any way I can for you to get back this packages provided you will also give me something  out of it (financial gratification). You can either come in person, or you engage the services of a secure shipping/delivery Company/agent that will provide the  necessary security that is required to deliver the package to your doorstep or the  destination of your choice. I need all the guarantee that I can get from  you before I can get involved in this project.

Best Regards,

Dan Williams
INSPECTION OFFICER

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Scammers getting creative!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »
Sign right up Patrick,  I'll go get the boxes for you!! Seems like I know that name from somewhere?
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 03:49:29 PM »
Your sitting on your computer yet?
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »
I get multiple calls every day from "credit card services". Asking for my card number, in broken English.
So I swear at them, and hang up.
They call from a different, untraceable number each time. Usually from a local area code, so not much use blocking the number.
Like so fool is going to give their cc number to someone like that  :shocked:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 04:22:49 PM »
Ask him what address he has for you, and that you'll confirm whether or not it's correct.
The storage and transfer fees can come out of the boxes.  You can have the rest.

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »
Ask him what address he has for you, and that you'll confirm whether or not it's correct.
The storage and transfer fees can come out of the boxes.  You can have the rest.
Tried that long ago. They just hang up.

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
"Like I say" I don't see any creativity. If you can't see this is a scam in the 1st sentence you deserve to get scammed.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »
"Like I say" I don't see any creativity. If you can't see this is a scam in the 1st sentence you deserve to get scammed.
True, but I bet some senior citizens get scammed by those low lifes

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 06:19:15 PM »
You gave me an idea. I'll try to find a farting sound  :laugh:

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »
Tell them you're on the toilet because you don't feel good because of some bad Indian food you had at lunch. Then ask them questions about your movement.

I love talking with these folks.
Or how about, the moo goo made me poo poo?
Or I stopped on the way home for gas at Taco Bell?

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 06:55:39 PM »
Who has time for all this?
I set my phone to only ring when contacts call. I never return missed calls to numbers I don't know unless they leave a message.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 07:11:24 PM »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:  Last time, I did this.  I ask for their cc.  I gave them the rates because they were calling on my order phone.  I did have an active cc machine at the house for our business.  When they tried to tell me that they did not want to buy something or refused to give me a cc number.  I told them "to get the hell off my order line!"   :evil:  Now I default to vmail/answering machine.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »
Who has time for all this?
I set my phone to only ring when contacts call. I never return missed calls to numbers I don't know unless they leave a message.

Me too.   

I make initial contact with NO ONE over the telephone.   There's not one reason on earth that any cold caller has my best interests at heart.

And my ISP is great on spam.   Haven't had a spam email get through in months.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online nc43bsa

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 10:33:10 PM »
Me too.   

I make initial contact with NO ONE over the telephone.   There's not one reason on earth that any cold caller has my best interests at heart.

And my ISP is great on spam.   Haven't had a spam email get through in months.

Lannis

I was wondering why you never returned my calls.   :angry:
1990 MilleGT

Offline MarkMk

• New Egg
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »
My wife LOVES scammer calls, she is very good at mind games, but,,recently, as soon as the scammers recognize her MN accent, they hang up. one said,,oh, it is YOU 1st , lol.
  One of the best, was someone saying they were from an insurance co which specialize in motor accident claims,,The missus went into a rant about how the was driving on a hot day, with her legs out the window, to cool down, when a truck took off her foot (cries) but she doesn't want money, rather, she just wants her foot back !,,,,up until that moment, the caller was sucked right in,,lol :thumb:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 06:13:11 PM »
.... but she doesn't want money, rather, she just wants her foot back !

Her maiden name Cundalini?   No, wait, that was something else ....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:14:03 PM by Lannis »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
If I get them on the phone I'll start telling them of Jesus and off we go.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
Wow!  Even sealed with "synthetic nylon".  I prefer the natural kind.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont AC
-----------------------------------------

Director Computer Telex Dept
Central bank of Nigeria
Tel:+234-812-779-0673
: Sir /Madam,

I am .Ernest Ebi Director Computer Telex Dept of central bank of Nigeria. I decided to contact you because of the prevailing security report reaching my office and the intense nature of polity in Nigeria.

This is to inform you about the recent plan of federal government of Nigeria to send your fund to you via diplomatic immunity cash delivery payment.

This system will be easier for you and for us. We are going to pay you US$10.Million part contract payment of your total sum via the above approved mode of payment. Every necessary arrangement has put in place for the secured of all required security documents to cover the money.

The Money is coming on 2 security proof boxes, the boxes are sealed with Synthetic nylon seal and padded with machine.

I will use my position as the foreign operation director of this apex bank to make sure this consignments (fund ) are been safely and
legally release to You.

The boxes are coming with assigned diplomatic agents who will accompany the Boxes to your approved destination address. For a hitch free and safe delivery, you are required to furnish me immediately upon receipt of this message with the below sated information,
1. Your full house address
2. Your identity such as, international passport, driver's license or
national identification card.
3. Your contact phone numbers,
4.Occupation

The diplomatic Agents attached will travel with these required information's For the delivery of your fund. They will call you immediately they arrives Your country's airport. I hope you understand me.

I will let you know when these consignments will be lifted. IMPORTANT NOTE: The diplomatic Agents does not know the original contents of the
boxes. For security reasons what we declare d to them as the contents of the consignments are Sensitive photographic Film Material.

I did not declare money to them please. So if they call you and ask you the contents please tell them the same thing ok. Contact me immediately and I will let you know how far I have gone with the arrangement.

I will secure the clearance Certificate that will be tagged on the boxes which I will dispatch along with the security inner Keys of the consignments to enable you access these consignments as soon as it delivered to you.

This clearance instruments will make it pass every custom checkpoint all over the world without hitch. Confirm the receipt of this message and send the requirements to me Immediately you receive this message.

Please I need your urgent reply because the boxes are schedule to airlift as soon as we hear from you.

Contact me immediately you receive this message.

Best Regards,
Director Computer Telex Dept
Central bank of Nigeria
Tel:+234-812-779-0673

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:44 AM »
Seems legit.  :laugh: Get lots of BS calls at work and on my personal phone.  Last week, one at work was straight up in what I believe to be Chinese.  If you have an iPhone, you can set your phone not to ring for anyone not in your contacts or however you prefer in the "Do Not Disturb" options.  If it's important, they'll leave a voicemail.
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 11:44:40 AM »
Yes, unfortunately, if it's not someone I know, I let it go to voicemail. Back in the day when our phone number was two shorts and a long on the crank phone, Mother always said, if it's important, they'll call back if she was busy. Now, they'll leave a message.
Speaking of clever scams, when we were coming back from Cedar Vale, Dorcia saw a charge she didn't recognize on Amazon. She googled Amazon Customer service, and what appeared to be the real web site popped up on the phone. I told her to google Amazon customer service scam.. and there are some, all with toll free numbers. I *knew" it wouldn't be that easy to get them on the phone..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »
I let it default to voicemail now.  Waste of time doing anything else.  Newest scam is that if you answer, they'll charge the call to you.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 03:06:14 PM »
Because (usually) there is a few seconds delay for a phone scam my wife put on a quavery voice when a scammer tried to tell her that there was a fault in her computer. She let them rabbit on for a bit, and then she said she didn't have one. A "superior" was then put on, who really was quite snarky.  After a while she laughed and hung up.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 03:41:42 PM »
LOL. You guys make me wish the posts here had "like" buttons.

A couple weeks ago I got a spam call from someone speaking Mandarin. I tried to order some popular Chinese dishes from them, but they were of no help at all!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 03:43:19 PM »
LOL. You guys make me wish the posts here had "like" buttons.

A couple weeks ago I got a spam call from someone speaking Mandarin. I tried to order some popular Chinese dishes from them, but they were of no help at all!
Here just click on this

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 04:37:33 PM »
Some of the scams are sent out by some guy in Lagos with an alligator clip connecting his IBM-AT to his modem from the line running outside his window, so it's just one or two guys.

But the girl who comes on live and says "This is the Credit Card Service Center.   Your credit card has been detected as compromised.   In order to avoid large charges, you must ...." or

"This is the IRS.   You have refused to respond to our inquiries about your tax liability and a summons will be delivered to your door by a Federal Agent within 2 days unless ......"

even if these people are just sub-minimum wage contractors working out of their house on commission based on the number of "hits" they deliver, they KNOW that they are lying, they KNOW they are trying to rip people off, and I don't mean like someone selling actual extended warranties or the Fuller Brush man.   

Although I sort of feel sorry for someone who is desperate enough to stoop to this level, they're just as guilty as the bosses running the scam.   In the past, I've tried to hurt their feelings over the phone but it just doesn't work.   

I guess we've always had them.   People were selling wooden nutmegs and Pottawatomie Indian Snake Oil Remedy 140 years ago.   It just seems like there's  a lot more of it now because they can intrude more via the wonders of technology.

Lannis

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2019, 03:25:59 PM »
Oh, yeah.  The IRS thing reminds me of one I got a while back.  Scammers actually left a voicemail and used terminology like "We are sending the local cops."  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Too much! 
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
I don't think they understand the difference between civil & criminal for IRS cases.   :laugh:

Offline steamdriven NZ

• Gosling
  • simplify and add lightness
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 04:46:10 AM »
A farming friend of mine has a sheepdog whistle next to the phone...."just hang on, I'll find my credit card....." followed by an earsplitting whistle down the line.
When you spend more time spannering than using, you have reached toy saturation.....

'84 750 Monza (The Monzada)

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2019, 06:20:34 PM »

Oh, brother!  Now the UN is involved.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

------------

Dear Client,
This is to inform you that a meeting was held by World Bank/IMF in USA During UN Meeting on 24th September 2018, to carry on compensation To The VICTIMS of Scams/Fraud by internet Fraudsters,and your name was among the 20 names listed to be compensate.each with US$1.5 MILLION DOLLARS,You are advice to contact Dr.Henry George With your information such as your Full Name,Address And Your Direct Telephone Number here (worldbaudito1@gmail.com )

Await your response.
Mr.Collins Gerhard

oldbike54

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2019, 06:33:57 PM »
 ^^^ Sure are a buncha doctors involved in that , gotta be legit  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here