Author Topic: Part number for 2013 V7 Stone  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
Part number for 2013 V7 Stone
« on: May 21, 2019, 04:52:57 PM »
Well guys I f'ed up when moving my fuel tank around on my V7 and snapped a quick disconnect fitting. 

circled in red, figured I'd just look it up and buy a replacement but neither Harper's or AF1 diagrams even list the item as a part.  Anyone have an idea where I might find out what number it is and where to get it? 

pete roper

Re: Part number for 2013 V7 Stone
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 05:22:37 PM »
Guzzi only sells the T piece as part of the entire hose. Best bet would be to carefully dissect the hose and re-use the fittings using suitable EFI hose and a generic T piece.

Pete

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 05:29:09 PM »
Guzzi only sells the T piece as part of the entire hose. Best bet would be to carefully dissect the hose and re-use the fittings using suitable EFI hose and a generic T piece.

Pete

Thank you Pete, took a look at dissecting the hose but decided to pay for my ham handedness by getting the entire hose from AF1 since the hose going to the left side injector looked very tightly formed onto the barbs and there is not a lot of slack to work with.  I know I'm taking the expensive way to get it done.

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 07:09:10 PM »
I guess I'm just being ignorant here...my 2013 has a single throttle body so no "T" joint.  Was that a mid year change?
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 07:09:10 PM »

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 07:13:18 PM »
I guess I'm just being ignorant here...my 2013 has a single throttle body so no "T" joint.  Was that a mid year change?

Single throttle body for AIR.

BUT still two separate injectors, one at each intake manifold, for FUEL.

ERGO those ugly stock injector covers.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:13:38 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 09:24:05 PM »
Yes.   This was a part change.   I did the same thing as you to the different original fitting, and then changed over to the new style.  Just bit the bullet and bought the whole deal from AF1.   

This isn’t a conventional rubber fuel hose.  It has a very tough white plastic liner inside the rubber.  It is then pressed onto the barb with a lot of pressure and maybe heat.   So unless you have the tools to do that kind of fitting, might be cheaper to just buy the kit. 

Beware the red plastic male fitting on the bottom of the tank coming off the fuel pump and fitting into the “quick” connector.  It is also easily broken and not a cheap fix.
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 10:01:37 PM »
Yes.   This was a part change.   I did the same thing as you to the different original fitting, and then changed over to the new style.  Just bit the bullet and bought the whole deal from AF1.   

This isn’t a conventional rubber fuel hose.  It has a very tough white plastic liner inside the rubber.  It is then pressed onto the barb with a lot of pressure and maybe heat.   So unless you have the tools to do that kind of fitting, might be cheaper to just buy the kit. 

Beware the red plastic male fitting on the bottom of the tank coming off the fuel pump and fitting into the “quick” connector.  It is also easily broken and not a cheap fix.

I pulled my tank the other day, if you unplug the fuel pump then try to start the bike it bleeds off the pressure to make it much easier to disconnect the fitting
Theres a white button on each side of the female part squeeze these in to release the clips and it will come away.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 05:35:12 AM »

So what exactly changed, materials, lengths?

I mean you still had/have one fuel line feeding two separate injectors so you need a fitting that splits the line somewhere either way.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »
Kev:  as I recall, the old style had a quick disconnect with a green button on the injector side just before the lines split down to each injector.  The new style eliminates this second quick disconnector, so you only have the one by the tank.

And I second the comment by the previous poster.  Disconnect the power to fuel pump, crank the engine, and get the pressure out of the fuel line.  Then it’s much easier to disconnect the coupler. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 05:43:29 PM »
Note that the Prts Book diagram is somewhat misleading -  Guzzi doesn't redraw the parts to scale. The early single throttle body bikes had a 2 part fuel pipe - with the ubiquitous QD connector at the red elbow, and another (easier) connector just at the T. The T however is fragile & breaks easily. When I broke mine on the 2014 Special, I found that the 2 piece pipe was no longer available, and had to get the new, revised, one piece pipe (a different part number, of course - 2B000970).
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »
Follow up.  I got the new $150 part in and as stated above it doesn't have the quick disconnect at the t-section like the original did.  Replacement was easy but I get no feedback from that QD at the fuel pump nipple and was surprised it connected up with no fuss but again not much feedback that it had slotted in.  I do wish I hadn't broken the old one since it was pretty easy to disconnect/reconnect the tank from there but oh well.  As a topper for all this, the reason I had the tank off in the first place was I am getting ready to sell the V7 (V85tt inbound some day) but it wasn't firing up after I took off some electrical parts I had added on earlier (FZ1 fuse box, GPS power line) so I was trying to make sure all my connections were good.  Of course once I broke the part I had to await the new one before continuing on and wouldn't you know it as soon as I got the tank back on and decided to see if the bike would at least turn over it started right up!   :bike-037:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here