Author Topic: MCCruise on a Breva 750  (Read 1051 times)

Offline GonzoB

• Hatchling
    • Gonzo Projects
MCCruise on a Breva 750
« on: November 07, 2019, 12:01:28 AM »
On my last two bikes I've had an electronic cruise control made by MCCruise here in OZ. I bought it in '12 for my Suzi 800 cruiser. When I bought my next bike, a CTX700 Honda I migrated the cruise control to it, and updated the unit from a vacuum servo unit to an electronic one. Now I've bought my '07 Breva 750 it was time to migrate it again.

Here's where I put the servo (just in front of the brake pedal):

I managed to sandwich the computer module under the seat in-between the battery and the mudguard (packed with some white foam):

Unfortunately there's a lot of excess cable lengths that I had to coil up, so It doesn't look too neat.

The unit interrupts the throttle cable and passes it through a "Cable Interface Unit", so you have to find a spot for that too:

The CIU is behind the headstem just in front of the tank mounting buffers. That was where the horn was, but it got re-located to just behind the front left indicator.

For those of you that haven't seen these before they're really comprehensive, They monitor the road speed, the engine revs, the clutch and brake just like a car cruise control. They maintain speed within one or two km/hr up hill and down dale. You can tap your speed up/down by one or two km/hr. It automatically disengages with clutch or brake operation. After you've ridden with one you can't be without it!

The business owners Tony and Frank are bike riders themselves and can't be more helpful.

Gonzo

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:02:01 AM by GonzoB »
My '07 Breva 750 Projects: MCC cruise - Luggage - Shorter Shocks -

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: MCCruise on a Breva 750
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 02:45:33 AM »
Is the wheel rpm taken as the indicator of velocity and are there magnets on the wheel ?

Offline GonzoB

• Hatchling
    • Gonzo Projects
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 04:08:17 AM »
The speed signal is piggy-backed off the bike speed sensor, which detects the 6 bolt heads on the rear disk carrier. That's about 1 pulse for every 300mm of movement.

Gonzo
My '07 Breva 750 Projects: MCC cruise - Luggage - Shorter Shocks -

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:34:53 PM »
The speed signal is piggy-backed off the bike speed sensor, which detects the 6 bolt heads on the rear disk carrier. That's about 1 pulse for every 300mm of movement.

Gonzo
Good one..

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:34:53 PM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here