General Category > General Discussion

Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !

<< < (663/724) > >>

Bee:
Hello all. Another newbie from England. 52 yrs old, been riding since I was about 16 when I cut my teeth on an old farm scrambler type ‘thing’. Anyway it was enough to hook me into motorbikes and I have had a bike of some sort pretty much ever since. I do have another bike, an immaculate 20 year old Pan European 1100. I prefer simple bikes and like to spanner on them (but know my limits and am not too proud to ask for help when I need it or am out of my depth!).   Anyhoo, Last week I bought a new V7 850 Centenario, should arrive in a week or two, just waiting for a centre stand to be fitted. I love the looks, the simplicity of it and let’s be honest Guzzi’s are just that bit special aren’t they. So, going to dive into the forum and try to find out as much as I can about it and how to look after it. Probably first service will be at the dealer (yea I know) but if there are any niggles (or warranty issues) with it at least I shouldn’t have to battle with them over it aswell.

EagleGuzzi:
Hello everyone!  :laugh:
My name is Max, I come from Veneto, Italy
I am happy to have found this group for Moto Guzzi.  :azn:
In the spring of 2021, I bought the California EV. two-tone blue from 2001, with 70,000 kilometers (43500 miles) and well maintained. It had only one owner, who used it in the summer.
I worked a bit before racing, because it had been standing still for a year. Since it was leaking oil from the bevel gearbox, I opened it and found that the pinion was worn out.
I spent 1000 euros, over budget  :cry:
Then I traveled 3000 km up and down the Dolomites.
Now I am refurbishing it, because I have had problems with the 5th gear, and an oil leak behind the flywheel.  :sad:

I hope you like the photos I post.

My English won't be perfect because I use the translator.
Thank you all!

Iron Cross Junction:

--- Quote from: EagleGuzzi on November 08, 2021, 03:03:18 PM ---Hello everyone!  :laugh:
My name is Max, I come from Veneto, Italy
I am happy to have found this group for Moto Guzzi.  :azn:
In the spring of 2021, I bought the California EV. two-tone blue from 2001, with 70,000 kilometers (43500 miles) and well maintained. It had only one owner, who used it in the summer.
I worked a bit before racing, because it had been standing still for a year. Since it was leaking oil from the bevel gearbox, I opened it and found that the pinion was worn out.
I spent 1000 euros, over budget  :cry:
Then I traveled 3000 km up and down the Dolomites.
Now I am refurbishing it, because I have had problems with the 5th gear, and an oil leak behind the flywheel.  :sad:

I hope you like the photos I post.

My English won't be perfect because I use the translator.
Thank you all!

--- End quote ---

Hello to you, Max.

Your English — or Google’s translator — is quite fine.  I “translated" my English version into Italian, below.

Welcome to wildguzzi.  I was unable to enlarge your photo, but I have always liked the blue versions.

I, too, have a California EV.  My is a 1998 in the much-maligned and (much coveted!) “hotdog & mustard” colors.   :grin:

I rode mine a few hundred miles today in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.  As I live within a few miles of all of those states, it is easy to see those and more in but a few hours.

On my ride today, I stopped to visit another Guzzista in Pennsylvania who served me a drink you will recognize.  As I was riding, I did not accept his offer to “correct” it with grappa!  But, as I am home now, I think I will do that as soon as I post this.  :thumb:

BTW, I lived in Zanè (Thiene)(VI) many years ago, and thus my affection for Moto Guzzis. We return to visit Italy when we can, which is never often enough. 

Best wishes from the top of Virginia,

Bill Hagan

======================

Ciao a te, Massimo.

Il tuo inglese - o il traduttore di Google - va abbastanza bene. Ho “tradotto” la mia versione inglese in italiano, di seguito.

Benvenuti a wildguzzi. Io, per avere un California. Il mio è un 1998 nei tanto denigrati e ambitissimi colori “hot dog e senape”.

Oggi ho percorso la mia per poche centinaia di miglia in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland e Pennsylvania. Dato che vivo a poche miglia da tutti questi stati, è facile vedere quelli e altro in poche ore.

[fotografie]

Durante il mio viaggio oggi, mi sono fermato a visitare un altro Guzzista in Pennsylvania che mi ha servito un drink che riconoscerete. Mentre cavalcavo, non ho accettato la sua offerta di “correggerla” con la grappa! Ma, dato che sono a casa ora, penso che lo farò non appena pubblicherò questo.

[foto]

A proposito, ho vissuto a Zanè (Thiene) (VI) molti anni fa, e quindi il mio affetto per Moto Guzzi. Torniamo a visitare l'Italia quando possiamo, il che non è mai abbastanza.

Tanti auguri dall'alto della Virginia,

Bill Hagan

Frazer:
Hi,
Greg Dineen
Retired Mechanical Designer
Age 66
Lakeville MN
2007 Breva 1100

vintagehoarder:

--- Quote from: demet on September 28, 2021, 06:44:05 PM ---Demetrius, Portland OR, designer, photographer, craftsman.

Have had a few airhead beemers, and now a 1971 Ambassador, that needs some TLC.

--- End quote ---

Sweet Ambassador, sounds like we would get along, this is a great community!  Welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version