Author Topic: 31ST ANNUAL WISCONSIN MOTO GUZZI RALLY - Jul 31 to Aug 2, 2015  (Read 16263 times)

Offline paper

• I like naps
  • Hatchling
  • BACON!!
Re: 31ST ANNUAL WISCONSIN MOTO GUZZI RALLY - Jul 31 to Aug 2, 2015
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 06:57:16 AM »
Excellent!!
See you there!!

See Everyone there!!

Ride safely, or as close as you can get..
Been going to Guzzi Rallies long enough. Figured I'd actually buy one..

And then I sold it.. :(

Offline GearheadGrrrl

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »
Earned my Poverty Riders membership card on my trip to the BMWMOA rally last week, got $300 left in the savings accounts so I can make it to the far more important Wisconsin Guzzi rally this weekend!
Guzzi: Quota with Motorvation 'hack
BMWs: F800S, R100GS, R80ST with Motorvation Spyder 'hack, R65LS
Hacks: Motovation Spyder and Formula II
Buell: M2L, RIP Buell Motors Corporation
Yamaha: MX250 $25 auction find, "static display" for now, XS650 "on loan" from my brother, 'nother "static displa

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »
I might have to head down on Saturday.  I'm in South Dakota tonight watching lot's of bikes heading to Sturgis.  I'm in Nebraska for the rest of the week.  I'll have to see how I feel when I get home Friday night.    :boozing:
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline paper

• I like naps
  • Hatchling
  • BACON!!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 08:25:25 PM »
Hope to see you there, John!!  :thumb:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 08:25:25 PM »

Offline HOSS

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
I'm counting the days!  Paper don't take all the good hammock trees

Offline paper

• I like naps
  • Hatchling
  • BACON!!
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 01:45:49 PM »
I'm counting the days!  Paper don't take all the good hammock trees

I promise to only make use of a couple 2 tree trees (My favorite Yooper talk)..  Last year Raul and I shared one tree and tied off in different directions. One other guy was tied up further down the line from us, but there were several other good locations a bit further down, up from the lake.. I know another guy will be setting up a jungle hammock but that's about it.. Several good spots to tie up.. :thumb:

Offline HOSS

• Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2015, 08:12:33 AM »
Pretty sure the other guy was me, see you there!

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2015, 05:14:54 PM »
We will be arriving sometime on Friday.  You will most likely me see me on a red K75, but there is a small chance I'll be on my LM3.  Also bringing the car to maximize bringing as much useless junk as possible.   
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

Offline lorazepam

• Gosling
  • Almost ready for suspenders
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2015, 10:42:10 PM »
Leaving in the morning, just finished packing everything. It will be good to see old friends, and to meet some new ones!

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 12:31:58 AM »
Ok for those traveling  from anything south or southeast, which is the better lunch stop; www.Pumpels.com in New Galris.   Or  Baumgartner' in Monroe?   I have enjoyed great beer and sandwiches in both locations,but for me I'll always have a sweet spot for Monroe.
That's a bad link to Puemples, try this one: http://www.puempels.com/default.html I stop there several times a year.
If you stop in, ask about the dollar bills attached to the ceiling. They can be seen in the pic on their home page. Or you can stop at Glarner Stube and see what might be the world's largest urinal: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/36003
Ken
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 06:28:17 AM »
We will be arriving sometime on Friday.  You will most likely me see me on a red K75, but there is a small chance I'll be on my LM3.  Also bringing the car to maximize bringing as much useless junk as possible.

Dorcia fills the van to overflowing. When she can't get anything more in, we're ready to go.. :smiley: I think the Lario is in there somewhere..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online testa_di_formaggio

• New Egg
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 01:22:13 PM »
Baumgartner's and the entire Village of New Glarus are horrific tourist traps. On a weekday both can be tolerated. Monroe doesn't have much else going for it. Better food had at the Glarner Stube in New Glarus, workingman's lunch and best local pizza next door at Sportsmans. Puempels is more of a see and be seen place. Baumgartner's has a better cheese selection and they age their Limburger pretty good. Plenty of dollar bills on the ceiling there if that's a big thing. Good grilled steak sandwich there on Sunday afternoon after the beautiful people have left. Local made wieners and sausages in New Glarus are vile, but the Roesti kicks ass, especially at the Stube.  Many want to swill Rotted Cow, whatever, you can find it everywhere, go nuts.

Pea gravel/chip sealing time on Green Co. letter roads, rumor is North/South roads this year. Highway 59 to Monroe is a corn cob due for tear up and new surface next year. Avoid it unless you hate your kidneys.

Offline paper

• I like naps
  • Hatchling
  • BACON!!
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »
 Monroe to Argyle, then G through Fayette and Calamine is pea gravel free.
G brings you in below the rally then just a couple miles north to the entrance.
Lots of great corners!!
Oh, and I'm here!! :)

Offline Hahnda

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Scrambler Cycle
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »
I suppose by this time the taps are already flowing.  :boozing:
Be there in 24 hours....
2003 V11 Lemans - 2000 Quota w/ Sidecar
1996 California - 1976 Convert
1975 850T -750S Project - 1975 Eldorado Police
1973 Eldorado - 3x 1971 Ambassador
1970 Ambassador - 1963 Stornello Sport
1949 GTV - 1948 Airone

www.scramblercycle. com

Bourbonator

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
Baumgartner's and the entire Village of New Glarus are horrific tourist traps. On a weekday both can be tolerated. Monroe doesn't have much else going for it. Better food had at the Glarner Stube in New Glarus, workingman's lunch and best local pizza next door at Sportsmans. Puempels is more of a see and be seen place. Baumgartner's has a better cheese selection and they age their Limburger pretty good. Plenty of dollar bills on the ceiling there if that's a big thing. Good grilled steak sandwich there on Sunday afternoon after the beautiful people have left. Local made wieners and sausages in New Glarus are vile, but the Roesti kicks ass, especially at the Stube.  Many want to swill Rotted Cow, whatever, you can find it everywhere, go nuts.

Puempel's in New Glarus has Hamms on tap, just sayin' ....and a bloody bar weekends.

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »
I won't be there after all.. got some financial reasons and about a dozen other excuses..

I'm sure it will be...
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 06:59:10 PM »
Well.  U gut to do....  but you only die once, at least that's how I see it.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline raul

• Gosling
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 08:55:22 PM »
I have a pile of crap thrown around the bike.  That's pretty close to packed for me.  Hope to leave in the morning early.

Offline gsf12man

• Gosling
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:42 PM »
. . . Getting closer . . . New Ulm, MN, in a dive motel. (Guzzi content.) Life is good.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:19:46 PM by gsf12man »
Tom K.

Suzuki V-Strom DL650A

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »
Back to Lake Como (Wi.) and another *great* Wisconsin rally in the books. Weather was perfect, food great, ahem..beer was outstanding with some micros that I hadn't heard of.. and I'm a beer dork.
The Kid and I took the girls for a ride Saturday morning that was one of those rides. Know what I mean? Perfect temps, smooth roads winding up, down, and around the bucolic Wisconsin hills, no traffic. Miles and miles of it.  :thumb:
Only 230 here this year. One guy was asking me about that. Where is everyone? "Underground"  :sad: Guzzi rallies have been getting smaller each year. When I first started going to them in my late 50s, I was one of the older guys, but there were plenty of Guzzi riders in their 60s and 70s. They aren't coming to rallies any more and it seems the younger riders don't either. Dunno what "we" can do about it.
At any rate, met many old and a few new friends this year again. Thanks to all the guys and gals of the WMGR.. :thumb: for your hard work.

and beer.  :cool: :boozing:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »
Fantastic rally this year, I'm not sure it could get any better!!!

Chris Collins, along with all the WI Moto Guzzi Riders inc crew, that help put it on have very few equals in my book.   I was so impress I bought a T-shirt and extra 50/50s!

I think the number was 235, Chuck, just to keep things honest. :boozing:   Oh, and the winner of the 50/50 walked away with over $600 in his pocket; their secret to success was a couple of "fine" looking sisters in matching shorts and tanks, that Really improved 50/50 marketing!

I think a little smart advertising might help get the numbers up again, though I'm not sure most would be Guzzi riders?   Seems anecdotally to me, that many new Guzzi buyers are cut from a somewhat different cloth than in years gone by.   I think some of the younger buyers have no connection with camping, and thus a rally seems very foreign to them.

Things change over time, but I think this rally has more than a couple years of life up its sleeve!
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2015, 06:32:32 PM »
In the not too distant past, I remember over 400 at the Wisconsin rally.. still 235 is pretty good for this day and age.
Strangely enough, I didn't see the coolest bike at the rally. Brad, Nora, and I stopped for gas on the way back, and there was a Canukistanian Quality (tm) 1000S. Gorgeous thing with about 72K miles showing, and better than showroom. Father/son from Elgin, Il. <shrug> Can't see em all..

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2015, 06:59:26 PM »
I had a blast for the short time I was there. First time I ever really talked to Bad Chad, and that guy is freakin' hilarious! I had to leave early as my Dad had a heart attack in Minocqua, WI, and they took him via ambulance to Marshfield, WI. As soon as I found out, I headed up there (3 hr. ride), and didn't even say goodbye to anyone (sorry about that). Turns out, it was fairly minor (as heart attacks go), and he ended up with a stent in one of his arteries. They'll be back home in Milwaukee on Monday. Would've come home today, but he also had pneumonia, which they think might have triggered it. Better to have that happen now as opposed to a massive heart attack in winter while shoveling snow.
Ken
P.S. The ride from New Glarus was outstanding. Hwy H to F to G, and into the rally. I'll be taking those roads again next year.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:01:50 PM by Moto Fugazzi »
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline paper

• I like naps
  • Hatchling
  • BACON!!
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2015, 07:37:43 PM »
Fantastic rally this year, I'm not sure it could get any better!!!

Chris Collins, along with all the WI Moto Guzzi Riders inc crew, that help put it on have very few equals in my book. 

Absolutely!! Phenomenal job by the club!!! Great food, beer, weather, people, riding, etc!! Kudos to the Wisconsin Guzzi Riders!!!  :thumb: :bow:

Got a chance to meet up with dozens of old friends, and make some new ones, too!!

Offline G5

• New Egg
    • MotoGuzziGuy
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2015, 01:58:25 AM »
Yes, big thanx to the WMGR crew.
Does anyone have additional pix to post (riding the roads, campground refreshment taps, etc)?
---Al
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
2008 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
2017 Royal Enfield 500

Offline paper

• I like naps
  • Hatchling
  • BACON!!
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2015, 08:25:14 AM »
Here's the tappers in all their glory..

And a closer view of each half.

My neighbors..

My camp..

And there's a bunch on this topic at Adventure Rider..
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2015-wi-guzzi-rally.1070191/page-12

Offline BoBo

• Gaggle Mentor
  • MGNOC L-848
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2015, 01:26:01 PM »
Great weekend for a rally. Sadly I had to work Saturday and Sunday. I did ride up Friday afternoon just in time to buy a shirt and grab supper. I'll try to make it back for the full weekend next year. It's still my favorite rally of all the ones I've been to. Thanks to all that help put it together year after year.
Robert Oler
1987 Yamaha SRX 250
1998 V-11 EV
2001 V-11 Sport
2007 Breva 750

Bill Hagan

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2015, 01:42:15 PM »

Whoa.

Not a photo nor even mention of flies?

Those pix have been photoshopped and the comments censored by some cheesehead.  :evil:

Seriously, those memories of pests notwithstanding, hope to get back to that part of the world and the Wisconsin rally sometime.  Great folks, roads, beer, cheese (including fired cheese curds; hard to find at the top of Virginia!), and more.

Best,

Bill

Offline paper

• I like naps
  • Hatchling
  • BACON!!
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2015, 01:50:24 PM »
Whoa.

Not a photo nor even mention of flies?

The discussion came up a few times..

No flies.. I saw a couple almost empty fly strips hanging, and not ONE flyswatter all weekend..  :thumb:

What was nice is that my mosquito repellent wasn't needed, not even once, and I was camping in the woods.. I saw a couple of the little buggers, but that was it..

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2015, 02:30:40 PM »
I had a blast for the short time I was there. First time I ever really talked to Bad Chad, and that guy is freakin' hilarious! I had to leave early as my Dad had a heart attack in Minocqua, WI, and they took him via ambulance to Marshfield, WI. As soon as I found out, I headed up there (3 hr. ride), and didn't even say goodbye to anyone (sorry about that). Turns out, it was fairly minor (as heart attacks go), and he ended up with a stent in one of his arteries. They'll be back home in Milwaukee on Monday. Would've come home today, but he also had pneumonia, which they think might have triggered it. Better to have that happen now as opposed to a massive heart attack in winter while shoveling snow.
Ken
P.S. The ride from New Glarus was outstanding. Hwy H to F to G, and into the rally. I'll be taking those roads again next year.

Oh crap, that's never news you want to hear!  We wondered where you went.  I glade to hear it was minor :undecided: if there is such a thing?   

Got to know Moto Fugazzi too, this time around.  Moto-F, you have one dry, but very sharp, sense of humor, and I really appreciate that in a person!  I look forward to our next connection, don't worry, I'll have plenty of Mazola handy. :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here