Author Topic: Rollerisation of the 8V.  (Read 84848 times)

Offline Rat12

• New Egg
Re: Rollerisation of the 8V.
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »
Pete,

Firstly best wishes for Michael and I hope he makes a good recovery.

I'd like to say thank you for your help and advice regarding Guzzis in general but particularly the rollerisation. I bought the kit and following your instructions and video got the parts out and the new ones in.  And it works!  Compressing the cam chain tensioner on the LHS was easier than I was expecting. I used a bloody long screwdriver but didn't have to use undue force to my surprise.

Although I drive slowly, used the recommended oils, and low mileage (7200 km) two of the old cam followers showed signs of wear (fortunately just loss of the coating but no metal) removing any doubts I had about doing the job. I had the engine oil analysed before hand but that didn't show any real issues. 

John

pete roper

« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2018, 12:52:15 PM »
 :thumb:

Once rollerised the motors are pretty much bulletproof. If people choose to believe 'It won't happen to them because, (Insert spurious reasonhere.)' they're going to be disappointed.

Pete

pete roper

« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2018, 11:09:05 PM »
Just to revive this my daughter and her hi-res camera are here at the moment. I also have a 'C' kit bike on the bench.

Is there any interest in me doing a utube vid to compliment my earlier one on removing the cambox to illustrate the valve shimming stuff or is everyone happy with the write up?

Pete

oldbike54

« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »
Just to revive this my daughter and her hi-res camera are here at the moment. I also have a 'C' kit bike on the bench.

Is there any interest in me doing a utube vid to compliment my earlier one on removing the cambox to illustrate the valve shimming stuff or is everyone happy with the write up?

Pete

Videos are always helpful for some of us mechanically challenged types Pete . I might never own one of these engines , but might be asked to help with one . Of course I also understand how much work making a video might be . Thanks

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2018, 11:24:01 PM »

Pete

Hi, Pete.

Yes, please!

Thanks for doing this.

Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #245 on: November 19, 2018, 11:51:11 PM »

Pete
Video please.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth a thousand pictures..
Of course NOTHING beats a "live show", that'd be worth a thousand video's.
(Being close to Fyshwick you'da known that..!)

Offline stubbie

• Gosling
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2018, 12:15:24 AM »
At 25 frames per second a 5 minute video = 7500 pictures to be exact. :thumb:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2018, 12:31:24 AM »
At 25 frames per second a 5 minute video = 7500 pictures to be exact. :thumb:
gracious..!

pete roper

« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »
Sorry, Erika had to go do other stuff so it didn't happen.

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2018, 01:17:16 PM »
I won't need to do this as my Norge is a 2014, and already rollerized from the factory, but the technical details and understanding of how the 8-valve motor is constructed and is very helpful. Thanks for this Pete! This is the thing I love about forums... Shared knowledge information and skill is invaluable.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here