Author Topic: Rallies, go to one!  (Read 16851 times)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Rallies, go to one!
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
I don't need shine to forget things. :sad:  Moonshine is a funner way to do it though!!!! :boozing: :boozing:

AKA "Mental Floss"
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2015, 05:46:37 PM »
Make reservations soon KOA and Armadillo are the closest campgrounds for RVS. Rally site at  Luckenbach is not set up for RVS

Dave
Galveston

Dave, I have reservations for the Armadillo.  Now what is the skinny for the Harvest.  There's a big deal on online registration.  Can you get a ticket at the gate?  Probably not entering a bike (EV or Greenie doesn't seem too important in a big event like this).
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
I'd bet you could buy day pass at gate.  When I go I usually buy the weekend package.  Includes pretty good BBQ dinner, camping at Luckenbach,  various evening events like movie and tee shirt.  I'm going to try a tent site at Armadillo this year as Luckenbach gets crowded and the Porta potties are hard pressed to keep up, no showers and limited real bathroom facilities. 

Raffle bikes and other items are usually top notch.  Bike Show is always interesting with varied bikes.  Lots of live music both planned and impromptu.  Good riding in surrounding area.  Nearby Fredricksburg is worth a visit and Austin is just down the road.

Definitely enter the bike show if you like.  All types of bikes and scooters in various states or repair and disrepair.  Definitely not a concours  event.

Dave
Galveston
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:52:14 PM by davedel44 »
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2015, 08:51:23 PM »
OK Dave.  Look us up and have a cold one.  I am thinking about bringing both Guzzis. 

I plan on going to the Okla Rally, then to Port Aransas, San Antonio and Harvest.  Perhaps 2 1/2 week round trip.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2015, 08:51:23 PM »

Offline guzzied

• Hatchling
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:12 PM »
I've been in and out of the Guzzi rally thing for the last 10 years. Did show up here and there the last few years, but just purchased a Norge 6 weeks ago and have just did my 2nd camp out. Wow, some old faces, many new ones, so good to be back in the Guzzi World!  The Guzzi folks come from all walks of life, from doctors, lawyer's, mechanics and every works of life, yes, we have one thing in common, we are all gear heads! Enjoy!

Mike
Mike Stewart

Sold  2000 Green V11 Sport
        2000 Jackal V1100 Cafe Project
        2002 Ghezzi Brian
        2002 California Special Sport 
        2003 Rosso Corsa

Ride 2002 EV Sport Custom
       2003 EV Touring Custom
       2014 Norge 8V

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2015, 09:38:53 PM »
Just one question.

Moto "Gurzi"?
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:41 AM »
So, I am planning to go on my first rally in October,  the Tattley Rappet.  Used to be called the Rattley Tappet but the original founder I gather kept the name.  I am not a big group rider,  in fact I am quite happy riding on my own.  Steamdriven has told me time off has been canned at his work so he won't be going down to Invercargill where it is being held at the end of October.  Invercargill (Inverdrizzle) is down the blunt end of the Soutj Island,  John R country.  Looking forward to it.  I gather Cali on here is one of the organisers; bumped in to him when I was living in the sharp end of the south Island.

Will be interested to see how I like it.  It is a dedicated Moto Guzzi event so the Breva should not feel too out of place.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here