Author Topic: Vicky Has Passed 29 Dec 16 -- WAYNE ORWIG & VICKY DOWN! Pix Added 6 Dec 16  (Read 90765 times)

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
Re: Vicky Has Passed 29 Dec 16 -- WAYNE ORWIG & VICKY DOWN! Pix Added 6 Dec 16
« Reply #450 on: January 06, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »
Last year Vicky and I entered a "Tour Of Georgia" ride.

Today she get her completion certificate for riding with me all of those miles.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #451 on: January 06, 2017, 05:26:23 PM »
Another great memory!
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #452 on: January 06, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »
Bitter-sweet timing
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #453 on: January 06, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
Another great memory!

Sometimes we could even keep them in sight :)
George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #453 on: January 06, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #454 on: January 06, 2017, 07:46:28 PM »
Sucks not being able to create new memories. But to have had those experiences and being able to relive those; priceless. Many, probably most of us, can not attend the funeral but we'll be there in spirit.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline Guzzistaracing

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Norwegian with a love for all Italian
« Reply #455 on: January 07, 2017, 04:00:19 PM »
Condolances from Norway. My thoughts are with you in this hard times! Regards Audun Tveito
Ex.85�suzuki katana
 85`Le Mans 1000
`?? 1100 sport
`51 Ariel KH500
`07 Griso 850, black
`71 Nuovo Falcone civile
`78 BMW R100RS
`98 Centauro
`07 Norge
Current:
`99 Quota
`84 V65

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »
I finally went back to the doc yesterday. He said he didn't want me to walk yet. I told him I was going to walk anyway. He came back to the room a little later and told my I could walk.  :rolleyes:
Pretty hard to do since I haven't used my legs in 6 weeks or so, but there is no pain. I just feel instable.
They cut off my arm cast. Moving my wrist and arm does hurt. I need to practice holding a set of handlebars to get that wrist working in the right orientation again.

I want to thank everyone again for the contributions and good thoughts. The bills are still being passed around the insurance companies, so I'm clueless on what this will cost me in the end. The woman that hit us had very poor coverage, and it was quickly exceeded. So I am still waiting to see what my part of the damages are going to be.

This was Vicky a couple of years back with her "are you really out of gasoline AGAIN" look.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:26:22 AM by Wayne Orwig »
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »
There are hundreds of us pulling for you, Wayne.  Glad to see you're well enough to argue with the doctors, and VERY glad to see you're still hanging out with us.  Keep us posted!

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »
Wayne, been away from home until today and just read about the passing of your soulmate.
There are no words, but I'll say I'm so very sorry anyway.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #459 on: January 15, 2017, 02:44:23 AM »
I too have been away in the boonies and have come home to this.

Please accept my sincere condolences Wayne. I was hoping for a miracle and when I left there were signs of hope; sadly this did not happen. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Murray
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
« Reply #460 on: January 15, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
 :cry:

I've been away from the board for a while - this was not what I wanted to see when I returned.

I can't add anything new to what has already been said.  Our household is saddened at your loss.

Best to you.  Heal well.

jdg & ~t~
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
I took a short ride on the EV today. I think I will start up my daily ride like I had done for the last 43 years.

My legs are sore and weak from lack of use. I have installed a cup holder on the treadmill for my beer. That should help.  :boozing:
My left arm is weak and has pain, but working the clutch was not an issue.

Still miss my riding companion most of all.  :cry:

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #462 on: February 11, 2017, 02:52:32 PM »
I took a short ride on the EV today. I think I will start up my daily ride like I had done for the last 43 years.

My legs are sore and weak from lack of use. I have installed a cup holder on the treadmill for my beer. That should help.  :boozing:
My left arm is weak and has pain, but working the clutch was not an issue.

Still miss my riding companion most of all.  :cryI understand. Delete my question if it is inappropriate but I have never read the causes of the accident. Thanks

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #463 on: February 11, 2017, 02:55:02 PM »
Yeah, when you said you hadn't used your legs for 6 weeks I knew they were going to be weak.  Surprised you can ride your bike that way at all right now.   I've had a pinched nerve on my right leg for a few years now and even tho I take a pill 2x a day for it I can't walk very long and just shopping wears me out leg wise.  Riding my 600# Convert. is marginal now.  Haven't done that for a few winter months.  It's gonna take you awhile to get your legs healthy enough now to rely on them. 

pete roper

« Reply #464 on: February 11, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »
Your loss is never going to go away but I'm very glad to hear that you are going to ride again. I know for some such a trauma guts any enjoyment out of the activity associated with it. Take your time. Stay strong.

Pete

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #465 on: February 11, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »
Your loss is never going to go away but I'm very glad to hear that you are going to ride again. I know for some such a trauma guts any enjoyment out of the activity associated with it. Take your time. Stay strong.

I don't recall the last maybe 4 seconds. I don't have a clue what went on. Luckily, there were three witnesses, and one of these was an off duty officer. So it is clear what did happen. And I didn't come around for about 30 or 40 minutes from what I was told.
But, I suspect if the images of what actually happened, were still burned into my brain, I easily would feel differently about riding again.

We'll see.

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #466 on: February 11, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »
I don't recall the last maybe 4 seconds. I don't have a clue what went on. Luckily, there were three witnesses, and one of these was an off duty officer. So it is clear what did happen. And I didn't come around for about 30 or 40 minutes from what I was told.
But, I suspect if the images of what actually happened, were still burned into my brain, I easily would feel differently about riding again.

We'll see.

Whatever you do I'll still come over and drink your beer...

And I still have a bottle of Hog Mountain somewhere.
George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #467 on: February 11, 2017, 05:19:34 PM »
Do be careful, Wayne.  I was in rehab after cardiac surgery and other issues this past June.  Off bikes from early May thru mid-July.  First time I boarded the R100GS and got several blocks from home, I came to my first stop sign, and wasn't sure I was going to be able to coordinate the stop and hold the bike up.  Immediately headed for home and parked the GS for 3-4  more weeks, since that first ride said 'not ready yet.'

You've been through a lot. 

Best wishes,

Bob
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #468 on: February 11, 2017, 06:49:39 PM »

We'll see.

The human psyche takes care of near death trauma. You probably never will remember what happened. Actually, that's a good thing.
I'm glad to see you riding again, Wayne. Doing "normal" things at a time like this is a good thing to do. You will get better, and you *will* get over it. It just doesn't seem like it for a long time. My grandmother lost her mother and husband in a very short time period. She said, "life is for the living." She was very astute for an uneducated woman that came to Indiana in a covered wagon..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #469 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:35 PM »
Sounds like you're on right path, but a road I hope I never walk or ride.

Stay strong, it's OK to hurt. But I suspect she wouldn't want you to.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #470 on: February 11, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »
Glad to hear you are trying to ride again. It really can be therapeutic. But...be prepared for it to also bring back many memories in a bittersweet way. That's okay though. It took about a year after my wife's death before certain things would no longer trigger tears on a regular basis. Could be anything from a song to driving or riding by a certain place, a smell, sometime for no apparent reason.
We heal to a large extent and life can be good again, just appreciate every day and cherish instead of despairing over the memories.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #471 on: February 11, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
Glad to hear you are trying to ride again. It really can be therapeutic. But...be prepared for it to also bring back many memories in a bittersweet way. That's okay though. It took about a year after my wife's death before certain things would no longer trigger tears on a regular basis. Could be anything from a song to driving or riding by a certain place, a smell, sometime for no apparent reason.
We heal to a large extent and life can be good again, just appreciate every day and cherish instead of despairing over the memories.
GliderJohn

Thanks for this John.

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #472 on: February 11, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »

Yes on the 'triggers'.
Thanks.

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #473 on: February 11, 2017, 11:17:50 PM »
Give progress time, Wayne..........don't try to rush any of it. Take 1 day at a time.  :smiley:

Offline Ambogal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #474 on: February 12, 2017, 03:03:05 PM »
So glad to learn you are already back on a bike.   You are one determined rider.   I think Glider John said it best regarding memories and triggers that can start you thinking of other things while you're driving or riding. 

Unfortunately the triggers will keep coming but time with take care of that.   By the time I was in my mid 20's, my husband and I had ridden well over 100,000 miles 2 up.  The first time I rode alone after his passing was the most difficult ride of my life.  I couldn't stop crying while I was riding.  Some times the smallest things will trigger your emotions.   I'd be somewhere alone and suddenly I'd remember....."the last time I was here, my husband was with me" .  Soon I'd be shedding a tear.   Remember, you are not alone. Some of us have been thru what you are experiencing.  It's just part of the grieving process.   

Although some time has passed since the tragedy, you are still in the hearts and minds of your friends.  Stay strong and keep those wheels moving.       

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here