Author Topic: Accu-Gage  (Read 11760 times)

Offline ken farr

• Gaggle Hero
Accu-Gage
« on: January 07, 2015, 10:47:19 AM »
I am impressed with the customer service of this outfit.

I have 2 Accu-gage tire pressure gauges, have had them both for well over 20 yrs.
One is 0-60 psi with a 90degree fitting the other is 0-120 psi with a 45 degree fitting, both fittings are attached to the gauges with a fabric covered rubber hose.
Well, wouldn't you know it, the other day one of the hoses displayed a leak.  I mean it has only been 20+ years in a freezing cold-blisteringly hot garage, and treated to zero preventative maintenance.
I contact the good folks, to inquire about purchasing a new hose and fitting and they say send it in, we will send you a new one.
I send another e-mail, thanking them, but really I want to buy one, I feel a little guilty getting something for free after  20 yrs service.
I mean, I like your product, I want you to stay in business.
Anyway the send the following:

Hi Ken,

We appreciate your customer loyalty!  We honestly would be more than happy to send you a new hose, free of charge.  We do it quite often for our customers.  If you decline, we understand, but if you would like us to send a new hose, please just send us your address.  We do offer a lifetime warranty on all of our products as well.

Kind regards,
G.H. Meiser & Co.

So, I am going out to buy a brand new Accu_Gage 0-60 psi air gauge with a 90 degree fitting.  I gotta support an outfit like this.

Guzzi content: I check my tire pressure with an Accu-Gage air gauge and have never been hit by a meteor  ( space debris not the automobile.)

kjf
ken farr
06 B1100 - click!
Fillmore, Ca.

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
Re: Accu-Gage
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:09:07 AM »
Wow. I'm gonna buy one just for the meteor protection factor alone.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »
I have had an AccuGauge, with the hose and 90 degree fitting, for about 15 years. I have a pile of other gauges, and it is the only gauge that I feel I can trust. It is also the only one that my wife can figure out how to use.
Just last month it got where it would leak down slowly when pressurized. I unscrewed the hose and cleaned the disk/valve, and all was well. That same weekend I was at a shop, and they had one for sale for less than $25. I thought about buying it as a spare, but didn't. After your email, I will be buying it.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 12:07:05 PM »
 ;-T on my Accu-Gage too.  Have had it about 7 years so far.  Always take it on any trip with any vehicle.  Like the way I can bleed off excess air when charging the tire and ease of installing it on the valve stem.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:08:33 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 12:07:05 PM »

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »
I won a digital gage 14 years ago at a rally. Nice instrument! Last summer the watch battery died so I took the thing apart only to find out the battery is almost irreplaceable. I did not know they made Phillips screws that small.
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 01:29:34 PM »
That's a great endorsement  ;-T

Which chuck do you think is best for Guzzi wheels, I always have trouble with my pencil style gauges fouling the disk.
I think I have to get me an Accu-gauge.
I'm leaning towards the "S" style with no hose and angle fitting but will it fit?
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »
That's a great endorsement  ;-T

Which chuck do you think is best for Guzzi wheels, I always have trouble with my pencil style gauges fouling the disk.
I think I have to get me an Accu-gauge.
I'm leaning towards the "S" style with no hose and angle fitting but will it fit?

I prefer the rotating flex hose w/90 deg. chuck angle for all the vehicles I use it on.  ;-T

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
I just bought a new gage a few days before this thread.  Then I read the thread and I was thinking cool, I only spent $8 on Amazon but I have got a real quality digital gauge!    Then I took a good look at it and it's an Accutire, not Accu-Gage! :o   Well, maybe I got what I paid for it this case, a bit of a let down.  However, for the moment it does seem to work well, it doesn't "talk" like my last digital, which lasted 4 years before it gave up the ghost, though it cost about $20.   Anyway, wish I had a Accu Gage.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »
Karen recently said that since I continue to work at near 80 years, I should treat myself to something nice.  Stories from my parents re the "Great" Depression have made me the miser I am today but after reading your strong endorsement of this "Made in USA" product, Ken, I pulled the trigger and the 60psi model with hose and 90 degree fitting is on its way. 

Now I'm doomed to lie awake tonight, worrying whether I've lost control of my finances...  Thanks, Ken.  I think.

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
Karen recently said that since I continue to work at near 80 years, I should treat myself to something nice.  Stories from my parents re the "Great" Depression have made me the miser I am today but after reading your strong endorsement of this "Made in USA" product, Ken, I pulled the trigger and the 60psi model with hose and 90 degree fitting is on its way.  

Now I'm doomed to lie awake tonight, worrying whether I've lost control of my finances...  Thanks, Ken.  I think.

Ralph

You have made a wise investment and will kick yourself for not doing it sooner, Ralph.   ;)

Now, at your age, the only thing that can get in the way of perfection is if your ears are still good enough to tell if your Accu-gage is sealed correctly and you don't have air leaking out when you're using it.  This is only something us oldsters have to be aware of.  :-X  But on the Accu-gage if the needle doesn't stay steady when you think it should, that's a warning.  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:46:22 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
Now I'm doomed to lie awake tonight, worrying whether I've lost control of my finances... 

I think that my nearly 11 year old EV battery may need replaced. I haven't gotten in sleep in days.

:BEER:
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
I think that my nearly 11 year old EV battery may need replaced. I haven't gotten in sleep in days.

:BEER:

I changed out 2 of my Odysseys at about that same period. I wasn't sleeping well, either.  ;D
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 11:34:52 AM »
Karen recently said that since I continue to work at near 80 years, I should treat myself to something nice.  Stories from my parents re the "Great" Depression have made me the miser I am today but after reading your strong endorsement of this "Made in USA" product, Ken, I pulled the trigger and the 60psi model with hose and 90 degree fitting is on its way. 

Now I'm doomed to lie awake tonight, worrying whether I've lost control of my finances...  Thanks, Ken.  I think.

Ralph

My grandmother used to save every scrap of string, every bit of tinfoil, and even used to wash off the ice left in people's tea glasses and put it back in the "icebox".   She'd keep the margarine wrappers to grease pans with.

That Depression was hell.   But it's over now .... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »
My wife's aunt Gladys would rinse out paper towels and hang them in the "mud room" to dry and re-use paper plates.

When she passed away her kids (in thier 40's) retired.

Nice work Gladys!

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
I have an Accu-Gage that I bought 36 years ago.  About every ten years, I send it back to have them check the calibration. Yes, I've bought several of their gauges since but I keep that original old gauge in the saddlebag of my '78 H-D just where I put it when I first bought it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:22:26 PM by leafman60 »

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 08:16:30 PM »

Or was it just sleeping?
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 12:01:58 AM »
My grandmother used to save every scrap of string, every bit of tinfoil, and even used to wash off the ice left in people's tea glasses and put it back in the "icebox".   She'd keep the margarine wrappers to grease pans with.

Lannis

I was born after the Depression but those that really know me think I'm eccentric I'm so thrifty.  My motto is "don't throw it away until it's really worn out."   :D  Believe it or not I still have a wife too.

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 12:44:15 AM »

I was born after the Depression but those that really know me think I'm eccentric I'm so thrifty.  My motto is "don't throw it away until it's really worn out."   :D  Believe it or not I still have a wife too.

You want thrifty?  Just watch Karen do her imitation of a python squeezing the last tot of toothpaste out of a tube. 

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2017 Honda CB-500F

Offline nikwax

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »
of this "Made in USA" product

Made in China product. US company.

I own three of them, a right angle for the front wheel, straight chuck for the rear, and a short/solid chuck for my bicycle's tool kit. Good stuff, the bicycle one is over 20 years old and took a pounding when I had it on my mountain bike.

Splurge on the rubber case, it offers some protection.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:34:31 AM by nikwax »
2014 Ducati Multistrada GT
2011 Norge GT 8V "Otto Valvole" (gone after 32k miles)
2001 BMW R1150 GS (gone after 100,000 miles)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 11:50:48 AM »
Or was it just sleeping?

Been asleep for a long time if it is ..... !    I really think World War II killed it.   Anything that happens in future is on us .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Kentktk

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 12:52:13 PM »

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »
That depends on Model.
http://www.ghmeiser.com/m-series-gauges.htm

Also depends on when it was sold.  I have about 3 of these gauges, the newest of which is about 10 years old, and they are all made in USA.

Looks like they have supplemented their product line with Chinese gauges but that does not necessarily mean poor quality.

However, yes, generally my experience has been that the Chinese stuff is not first-rate.  This is not always true but too many times it is.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:08:54 PM by leafman60 »

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 06:08:21 PM »
Ralph , you have led one hell of a life . Raced flat track , still riding and working nearing 80 , and married a great woman  :bow Just curious , do you attribute this to looks or charm , neither of which I possess , asking in case some one wants to know the secret of a long happy life  :)

Dusty

PS , any woman who squeezes out every last bit of toothpaste is a keeper  :D

Dusty:  At 5' 10" and 138#, I have to attribute my many successes to a powerfully-muscled body, which apparently impresses women and potential employers alike.

Ralph
Ralph

2017 Honda CB-500F

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »
My Accu-Gage came today.  Works very nicely, but there, on the box, "Made in China".  I wrote the makers and advised I'd never buy another one made "there" but would pay more for one Made in USA, as I believe most Americans also would.

Ralph
Ralph

2017 Honda CB-500F

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 01:44:37 PM »
Dusty:  At 5' 10" and 138#, I have to attribute my many successes to a powerfully-muscled body, which apparently impresses women and potential employers alike.

Ralph

5'10" @ 138#?.....when I was 5'10.5" @ 165# I was skinny!  You must REALLY be skinny!!   :o

Offline CharlieW

• Hatchling
    • http://i490.photobucket.com
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 04:59:46 PM »
The clip on the hose to attach to the valve stem went missing on my Accu-Gage. One email and no questions and they mailed me a whole new hose with the attachment clip. ;-T
 Very pleased
CharlieW
02 STONE

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 11:47:32 PM »

5'10" @ 138#?.....when I was 5'10.5" @ 165# I was skinny!  You must REALLY be skinny!!   :o

At the psych clinic where I work, one of the MDs said, "You could drink cherry Kool-Aid and rent yourself as a thermometer".    Hmpf.

Ralph
Ralph

2017 Honda CB-500F

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 07:49:17 AM »
Quote from krglorioso:
At the psych clinic where I work, one of the MDs said, "You could drink cherry Kool-Aid and rent yourself as a thermometer".

I suggest a higher rental rate if anal use is required.  ;D
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here