Author Topic: two-tanker, and four times today  (Read 2873 times)

lucydad

two-tanker, and four times today
« on: January 18, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »
All,

Not to make all you northerners feel bad, but this week end on the Gulf Coast of TEXAS featured sublime weather:  temps in 50s to low 70s, sunshine and moderate wind, and no rain.   Yesterday I did a 130 mile loop up 359 to Hempstead, then over to Bellville, then down 36 to home.  That was tank one.  Today I rode into church.  Ok, four times today:  people stop to complement my V7R.  First black guy in black suite with black leather eye patch (yep) said:  man that is pretty.  Then pulling out of the parking lot, another guy stopped me to ask what IS that and said, wow just nice.  Rode to Memorial park, pulled into another guy on a Yamaha just leaving.  A couple in white van stopped me as I was dismounting.  He is a rider, has four bikes and wanted to know everything about the bike.  Said he had always wanted a Moto Guzzi and knew a lot about the heritage.  Told him he need to buy one at MPH and he said he had been there looking a couple times.  Think I gave him the bug big time.  He said he loved the black tank and red frame and spokes. Then one more time as I was pulling out of the park lot:  a fourth guy stopped me to listen to the angelic Italian choir and listen to me take off and big grin and yeah so there it is.  Filled the tank second time before riding home.

Came home and rode the bike into the back of the garage on my new twin aluminum wheel-chair ramps into my now cleaned out garage.  Nice to no longer have to wheel it in, turn, and up the slight rise and then four inch bump.  Easy-peasey and ride-in she goes, and (don't tell Ms LD), now room for a second bike. Got the poodles outside and we sunned ourselves and it is gorgeous.  Smell of black leather and yes life is sublime and I am grateful and I see retirement coming over the horizon like a herd of buffalo and time will no longer be my issue:  plenty of that.   ;-T ;D

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: two-tanker, and four times today
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:38:46 PM »
That *is* a nice looking scooter, LD..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 02:01:38 PM »
Well done  ;-T that is a nice looking bike   :)
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki
If you Ride a Griso, You need Tyres with Gription

Offline drw916

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »
I'm not jealous a bit.  I shoveled the deck and walkway, snow plowed the driveway, and then used the snow blower to make a path to the house.
2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660
1969 Honda 90 (CM91)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »
That *is* a nice looking scooter, LD..

:+1

The black tank with red logos reallllllllly does it for me. lol

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here