Author Topic: Saint's Title Service  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Saint's Title Service
« on: July 26, 2021, 12:13:28 PM »
Just an FYI for anyone with a "no title" bike. On June 15th, I sent to Saint's to obtain a title for my '74 850-T, following the procedure on their website: https://www.saintsengine.com/services/title-service/ . This afternoon, I received a TN title ready to be transferred into my name. Now I can go ahead with my "850-S2" project. :grin:

Charlie

Offline Groover

• Gaggle Hero
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
Re: Saint's Title Service
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 12:40:03 PM »
 :thumb:  and thanks!
1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 01:53:42 PM »
I think that's the same place I used to get a title for my 70 Ambo in the 80's. They basically buy your bike & sell it back to you w/title.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 03:07:30 PM »
Thanks Charlie.  This got me off my duff to get the process going for an old Honda that I have had sitting around. 
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 03:07:30 PM »

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
Just an FYI for anyone with a "no title" bike. On June 15th, I sent to Saint's to obtain a title for my '74 850-T, following the procedure on their website: https://www.saintsengine.com/services/title-service/ . This afternoon, I received a TN title ready to be transferred into my name. Now I can go ahead with my "850-S2" project. :grin:

Hey Charlie, What was the cost of this service?

thanks!
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Riding since 1979
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 08:20:10 PM »
I called out of curiosity and got an answering machine so I hung up. Joe Casola called me back and was very cordial on the phone. He said they have done 1000 titles with only about three failures. He said if it wasn't a chopper or a dubious hog, it was almost a sure thing. I think the price was $300 to $500 depending on age (of bike). The language used on the website is stronger than necessary due to a few people out there who try to pull a fast one, Joe stated.
John

V1000 G5 (ex-cop impersonator)
 Convert Hangar Queen

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »
"Title Service
We know first hand how much of a pain it can be to get proper paperwork for your vintage or antique vehicle so we have begun to offer our service publicly. We are the preferred title service of Kiwi Indian Motorcycles, The Motorcycle Cannonball, Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Museum and a large number in the AMCA. By selling us your basket case we are able to title it in our name and then sell it back to you. In the process a clean TN title is generated in our name and is signed over to you.

Read our Title Service page to learn more.

Price: $300+"
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 09:09:19 PM »
Hey Charlie, What was the cost of this service?

thanks!

$300 for this vintage of bike.
Charlie

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 09:38:17 PM »
Nicely done Charlie and a reasonable price for the service.  I register bikes in VT but pre - a vin check was required. Now I think they are not. I still have to pay about 6% sales tax. The registration can be flipped back to Mass when it comes up for renewal. 
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 05:05:24 AM »
Now that’s what I’m talking about…there is a way

Thanks!
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Online s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 06:03:13 AM »
The VT process is a small bit of legwork but at a saving and its interesting to go through at least once to say been there done that and more importantly it works.

It also makes once undesirable bikes (bikes of a certain age with no titles) viable. You've just got to figure the registration/title process into the offer

Pre-- when going through VT a VIN verification was based on a CC's. I think anything under 399cc (?) didn't need anything over did. It was easy. Take the bike or a VIN tracing to any local police department and ask then to run it through NCIS database to verify it is not stolen. The Guzzi I did it with had a less than 17 digit VIN and was not even in the system. The officer asked about the VIN I explained that the 17 digit VIN was not standardized until 19XX. He's said its doesn't eve show up in the system but it is also not coming back as stolen. He signed the paper and off I went. Got home filled out the VD-119 online form that a fillable/printable wrote a check and mailed it off. 11 days later I got my valid VT registration in my name along with a valid tag. Total price was a bit over less than $175/$200 (bike was valued at $1,500)

If I lived in a state where the tag does not have to match residence I could have just paid VT yearly for new tag but in PA the if you are a PA resident your vehicles must also be registered in PA. So I took the title to the DMV paid tax on the declared value of the bike then the title fee. Walked out of the DMV with a clean clear PA title in my name.

You pay:

6% tax on the KBB book value or $1,500 whatever is greater. Call and ask the VT value before you write the check. VT DMV is very helpful and friendly.

$48 registration fee

BOS (you can write a BOS to yourself. VT does not care its simply a statement saying the vehicle was sold) - https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/documents/VT-005-Bill_of_Sale_ODS.pdf

Registration/tax renewal form. Fill out and two copies will print out. Both get mailed to VT DMV. One will come back as your temp registration card the other stays VT DMV - https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/documents/VD-119-Vehicle_Registration_Tax_Title_0.pdf

VIN Verification form - https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/documents/VT-010-VIN_HIN_Verification.pdf

I started going through this proses with a old truck I have. It had been in the family forever, and in my possession for over 20 years, but between people passing away, and let to someone that passed away and left to someone...  Well I had a paper trail, but all partys were gone. Even the estate lawers were long since retired...  Problem was that VT using KBB raised the cost so much. KBB showed my old Dodge to be worth $15,000-22,000!!  The cost of title would be more then the worth of the truck. Turned out I got it sorted in NY, and didnt have to go that way.. 
Paul B

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
The $$ savings wasn't worth the extra "legwork" to me. Then as "Michael" on the Loopframe Guzzi Facebook Group pointed out:

Also transferring a title is something the DMV does everyday, so is no big deal. When you show up with a Vermont registration it leads to lots of calling the manager over, debating whether or not they can do this (even though they did it last time) come back tomorrows, etc.
Charlie

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2021, 08:00:23 AM »
 I used Vermont for my recent BSA project. It was easy but was a bit expensive due to sales tax based on NADA charts...The Vermont yearly  registration fee is way more than NY but no  stupid 6 dollar annual inspection....So I will continue with the Vt. reggie .
  Normally I would use the loop holes in NY not having titles on vehicles older than 1972 to push through no paperwork deals but the DMV was closed due to the plague...
 Saints looks like a good alternative and only requires a Notary stamp, free at my local bank...Charlie, thanks for the info...

Offline amamet

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2021, 08:15:24 AM »
Thx Charlie. ill be using your referral for my no title, barn find 85 lemans

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 09:09:25 AM »
The $$ savings wasn't worth the extra "legwork" to me. Then as "Michael" on the Loopframe Guzzi Facebook Group pointed out:

Also transferring a title is something the DMV does everyday, so is no big deal. When you show up with a Vermont registration it leads to lots of calling the manager over, debating whether or not they can do this (even though they did it last time) come back tomorrows, etc.

In PA I walked into PennDot main HQ showed them them the 2 day old registration in my name told them I wanted to transfer it to a PA title and they immediately went to work processing it to a title. No questions asked as there is no grey area or interpretation on the matter. VT does not issue titles on vehicles past a certain age and a valid registration is all the legal paperwork that is required  to show ownership. 

It was as cut and dried as any other title I have ever transferred.

I get paying for someone else to do the legwork as sometime there just aren't enough hours in the day.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 09:20:53 AM »

The people at my Oklahoma title/tag bureau would not honor the VT paperwork. They said they would have to hear it on the phone from an "official" in Vermont. I called Vermont DMV, and gave them the Okie DMV phone number. It was straightened out in 5 minutes. The Vermont lady asked me what kind of ignorant d!psh1ts worked at the Okie DMV. So, yes there can be snags.
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2021, 09:27:43 AM »
   Besides NY That I mentioned, I believe several other states do not issue titles on vehicles of a particular age...I do know that NY DMV has a book with actual example photo copies of titles or transferrable registration from every state. I would think all other states have similar info..Some DMV clerks are very suspicious off anything they haven't see before. I find it to my advantage to look and smell clean with a happy face when dealing with the DMV...

Offline cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »
Before chasing a title from out of state, it's good to check with your state's DMV to see what procedure they may have for securing a title. 

When I went back to VT in 2000, I registered several old bikes with no papers in order to get a title later on.  After moving to SC, the VT registrations and a VIN inspection was all the SC DMV needed to provide a title.  Otherwise, there was no straightforward lost title process here in state.

Now that states recognize an additional revenue stream, more are offering a title-issue service.  SC has a new process, maybe 5 yrs old, to title a VIN.  I think it's only for residents but not sure.  I've got the paperwork but haven't done it yet. Cost is reasonable.  If all is good conditional title will be issued, similar to a bonded title, and if there are no claims against the VIN within the conditional time period (I think 6 months, to deter dealers flipping cars & bikes), a regular title is issued. SC also offers a bonded title if that's all you need.   I planned to title my V700 cafe project via VT or elsewhere to then transfer to SC until a friend told me about the new SC process.  He has done several bikes without problems.

SC has also added a one time "import" fee of sorts to transfer an out of state title (any vehicle) into the SC DMV system.  Fees like this will add $$ to any out of state title service you might use. 
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here