Author Topic: UK Postal  (Read 661 times)

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
UK Postal
« on: January 17, 2023, 11:36:52 AM »
I'm a distant member of the Moto Guzzi Club of Great Britain.  Wonderful, slick magazine every other month.  Except for today I received this:

Dear Overseas MGCGB Members
The UK copies of the Jan/Feb Gambalunga are being mailed out this week.  Unfortunately, Royal Mail is currently the victim of an IT ransomware attack which means it's not accepting any overseas mail at present. We have agreed that the printer will hold on to the Overseas Member's copies until the situation improves.   We apologise for the delayed delivery of your magazines but we will get them to you as soon as the Royal Mail situation is resolved.

No complaining about USPS local for now.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Sye

• Gosling
  • Be nice, feel good
Re: UK Postal
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 11:39:48 AM »
Yep, it's a big deal here at the moment.

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 06:13:08 PM »
I have complaints for the USPS. For the past several months our delivery is skipped, the whole block and more. And the carrier is almost always real late, like 7pm sometimes. And it’s a different person almost daily.
In the end we get the mail, sometimes a few days and after the email with images of my mail days beforehand.

I guess they have a people shortage.. I always thought being a mail carrier was a pretty good job.. our old guy from a few years ago always paused to straighten out our American flag.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 07:44:17 PM »
I just received an email from Lacey Ducati that my part can’t ship.  It wasn’t  rain, sleet, snow nor gloom of night, just a little dark code.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 07:44:17 PM »

Offline Enzo Toma

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 07:46:09 PM »
City carrier is a high stress job. Very physical, long hours (often 10-14), not much allowance for a social life, and weather can be rough depending on location. Unless that's the type of work you're seeking, it's a hard sell over an entry level office job with better pay and weekends off. Many carriers quit within 6mo-1yr, that's often the hill to get over. Very high turnover rate.

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 10:20:07 AM »
We are very rural and used to have exemplary mail service... and then our regular carrier retired three years ago.

I don't have anything nice to say about the "service" over the past three years.

Offline mhershon

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 10:42:53 AM »
Just last week I received a letter from England postmarked November 18th! It took almost two months to reach Denver!

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 01:37:28 PM »
That won't have been helped by more than one strike by postal workers for more pay in the run up to Christmas!!!
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline john fish

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 04:40:31 PM »
That won't have been helped by more than one strike by postal workers for more pay in the run up to Christmas!!!

Unfortunately, the Royal Mail has been privatized.  That has led to maltreatment of employees and a degradation of services. 

A majority of UK citizens support the strikes, as do I.  Privatization of the Royal Mail was a foolish mistake.
He lost the run of himself.

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 08:53:11 AM »
There has been talk in the past about doing this with the USPS. I hope that never happens. For one thing government isn't supposed to make a profit.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 09:55:23 AM »
Every year I have to forward my mail for three months while in Az. I started forwarding this year on 12/27 and just got my first mail this week.
At home for three years we had a carrier that couldn't speak or read English. Every day we had to deliver 1/2 of the mail in our boxes to other neighbors near by.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline Petrus Rocks

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 10:58:24 AM »
Just ordered parts from Darganfly UK for my Ariel.  I'm in New York.  Wonder how they are sending them??

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here