Author Topic: April '18 SWVA Guzzi lunch meet  (Read 776 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
April '18 SWVA Guzzi lunch meet
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »
 Guzzisti,
The April 2018 SWVA Guzzi lunch meet will be this coming Saturday, April 21st, 12:30 P.M. at Tavern on the James in Scottsville Va.  The address is 280 Valley Street, Scottsville, 24590. Phone (434) 286-3500. They have a nice parking lot behind the restaurant, so we don't have to deal with parking on the street.  My #s  (434)993-3841 (landline, best way to reach me)  (434) 426-3329 cel (emergencies). Advanced weatherguess for Scottsville is a sunny day w/a high of 64 degrees.
Be looking for ya!
Ronkom
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: April '18 SWVA Guzzi lunch meet
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »
Tentatively planning to ride down.
Charlie

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 08:58:13 PM »
Great ride down and back today. Huge turnout! Great to see everyone again after this long Winter.  :bike-037:
Charlie

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »
Great ride down and back today. Huge turnout! Great to see everyone again after this long Winter.  :bike-037:

Good seeing you.   And with you and Eppa and Ron all riding in with someone who had never been to a SW VA Guzzi lunch before, you're doing your bit to "Get The Word On The Street!" like Cab Calloway said.

Lots of Guzzis there ... at least 8 of the 17 folks were on Guzzis, and with 5 Kawasakis, we're going to have to start making them "honorary" Guzzis! 

Nice day for a ride ... After lunch I rode to my granddaughter's birthday party with 15 other 6-year-olds - bouncy-house and all ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 03:03:11 PM »
 Guzzisi,
Saturday dawned sunny & quite cool. I decided to ride the MP3 as the Eldo's bags & tail trunk are STILL at the paint shop. I had Lannis's battery charger to return to him, and Mike Jones said he'd bring my loop generator along to the lunch. With the under-seat space & the tail trunk the MP3 was my truck for the day. I had arranged to meet W/JC Canalon in Appomattox. The V11 Sport he'd bought from me had developed a glitch & is in my shop for diagnosis & JC was riding his Honda JTX. We cruised on up Rts 24/60/15/20 to Scottsville.
Many thanks to the Samaritan who blinked his lights as we approached town.  I backed her down hard & gave JC the hand signal as we came around the last bend before the arched bridge across the James into Scottsville. Rt 20 has a 55 speed limit....that drops suddenly to 25 at the bridge. Sho-nuff there was a State trooper set up there. He was looking to catch folks coming over the bridge out of town, but He'd have whipped that cruiser around in a heart-beat if we had come sailing around the bend at the (slightly) extra legal speed we'd been running.
We were the first of our group to arrive at the Tavern, but I'd barely got off the scoot before several other bikers came over to check out the MP3. A bright red LeMans rolled into the lot, made a circle & headed back out before I could wave him down. JC & I sat at one of the outdoor tables & enjoyed the day for a few minutes until our group started rolling in:
 Lannis Selz  (Stelveo), Allyn Chappell(V750III), Tom Farley(Jackal), Tom Bennett (the red LeMans), Charlie Mullendore, (Convert), Dan Fisk (Kawasaki Concourse) I believe Dan rode down w/Charlie. Mike Jones(Convert), Nate Jones (750 Breva), Eppa Wimbush (Kawasaki)-didn't catch the model, but Eppa said "400 lb. bike is the way to go". Bill Putt(Honda CB300F) & Dave Myhome (Susuki DL 1000) rode in w/Eppa. David Phillips was in a cage, his SP still waiting for remodeling work on the house to be finished. Jay Gwaldis also caged, recovering from a medical procedure. Final arrivals were Ken Brodan(Stelveo) and Rob Kotch(Stelveo). 9 Guzzis, including 2 Converts! & 3 Stelveos,  2 Hondas, 2 Kawasakis, a Suzuki, & a Piaggio. QUITE an eclectic mix.
I was trying to greet everyone & take notes while running back & forth to the Tavern to report our count expanding from 10 to 12 then to 15 & finally to 17! WOW.   I hope I didn't screw up any details, spellings etc trying to read my scribbles as I type this.
Unfortunately, the area in the tavern they had us set up in didn't have the flexibility to pull a 17 seat table together, so we ended up seated at 3 tables.
The service was a little slow. I wish they'd assigned assigned a second waitress to our area, the one young lady had our group + a couple other tables w/customers. She was busy!  I didn't hear any negative comments on the food. My crab cake sandwich was OK, but I sure wish I could get a REAL Maryland style crab cake w/out having to travel to DC or the Inner Harbor. Old friends & new faces, everyone seemed happy to finally get decent weather to do some riding, so there was plenty to talk about. A couple of the group had other commitments & had to roll, but we still had a good tire-kicking session out in the lot.  It had warmed enough to come out of a layer under my coat for the ride home. All in all a very good day.
Thanks to all for a great turn-out! I'll have to start reserving for 12-15 instead of 10-12.
Y'all ride safe & we'll see ya next month,
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »
Charlie Mullendore, (Convert), Dan Fisk (Kawasaki Concourse) I believe Dan rode down w/Charlie.

The service was a little slow.

Yep, Dan and I rode together. The first time in 34 years! The last time we rode together was 1984 and I was riding my first Guzzi (also a '76 Convert) then.

And the Pope is a little Catholic.  :wink: For some reason I had two forks and no spoon. Asked the waitress several times for a spoon and never got one, ended up eating my applesauce with a fork.  :sad:
Charlie

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here