Author Topic: New Bags for V65C  (Read 267 times)

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
New Bags for V65C
« on: March 16, 2023, 07:32:20 PM »
They are attached to the mounts but the new mounts are being bolted onto fabricated parts and are held on temporary by two bolts on each side

The mounts are from Cadre thru eBay, excellent by the way, they are off a V7III. In the first pic that shows the front of the right bag you can see the brace that ends a few inches from the right passenger peg where the original mounts attached. That’s the only place I have to modify the new mounts, the other mounting points will need some brackets.
The taillight is from a G5 or Convert, been on there thirty years. I may switch it to one from an Ambassador if spring is late… the original taillight assembly had problems with the plastic wedge shaped mount on C’s.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 09:40:54 PM by John A »
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New Bags for V65C
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 06:27:30 AM »
Nice. They look good in the V65.  :thumb: I snagged a pair cheap (Guzzi content) off ebay for the Enfield in case I run out of something to do one of these days.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New Bags for V65C
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 11:49:14 AM »
I have a pair of those bags also. I switch them back and forth between my V7lll and T120 interchanging with HB Orbits using Cbow mounts. I just got a luggage rack for the T120. I don't know if it was stated anywhere if it was compatible with Cbow mounts. It turns out there was some interference but nothing a little modification and a welder couldn't take care off. The Cbow brackets and rack are now one unit but can still be easily removed from the bike.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here