Author Topic: (NGC) - Airplane related...you got to see this. What HP and a great pilot can do  (Read 2385 times)

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
Turns out to be an R/C model. Should have watched more carefully. Good R/C flying anyway.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

oldbike54

Turns out to be an R/C model. Should have watched more carefully. Good R/C flying anyway.
GliderJohn

Were you in Hewins Park when the RC plane was flying over on the West end ? Plane was amazing , and the pilot was very good .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
It's fake news.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
 I wish I’d not watched that. I’m flying to Japan tomorrow.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
I wish I�d not watched that. I�m flying to Japan tomorrow.

I'm the same way.   Always been interested in airplanes, never have figured out how they fly so many hours with so few accidents, but I can tell you about all the airline accidents, including the ones where:

1) The pilots are chatting up the stewardesses and forget to set the flaps for takeoff.

2) They're trying to make the schedule and try to save a blown approach.

3) Some modern pilots only know how to operate the computers and don't know how to actually fly the plane (AF 447)

4) Someone took a maintenance shortcut and didn't install an engine right, or didn't grease a jackscrew, and for want of a nail a kingdom was lost ....

Statistically, the safest way to go.   "Perception of risk" - well ......

Lannis

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Did you wonder how come the complete lack of lift on one side did not result in an uncontrollable roll ?
Absolute unadulterated garbage...!

Well now I know it's not exactly the same thing, but you wouldn't think this one would get on the ground safely either ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M359poNjvVA

Lannis

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
From Huzo:
Did you wonder how come the complete lack of lift on one side did not result in an uncontrollable roll ?

My guess would be a high power to weight ratio with some torque twist along with a lot of rudder authority. It appears as the plane prepares to land that it is doing a knife edge type of maneuver that actual aerobatic planes can pull off relying more on engine thrust than wing lift at that point to stay aloft.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

oldbike54

From Huzo:
My guess would be a high power to weight ratio with some torque twist along with a lot of rudder authority. It appears as the plane prepares to land that it is doing a knife edge type of maneuver that actual aerobatic planes can pull off relying more on engine thrust than wing lift at that point to stay aloft.
GliderJohn

The R/C plane at Cedar Vale could hover for minutes at a time .

Dusty

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
I don't want to brlieve it, but I think I have to.
Having the left wing would giive a right roll response and wouid work to counter the torque tendancy.
It does have large ailerons but how that is enough authority to overcome the roll tendancy in the dive, is beyond me.
Dunno how he got the roll at the end to level it out, but I have to take back my initial response. (Tentatively)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
I don't want to brlieve it, but I think I have to.
Having the left wing would giive a right roll response and wouid work to counter the torque tendancy.
It does have large ailerons but how that is enough authority to overcome the roll tendancy in the dive, is beyond me.
Dunno how he got the roll at the end to level it out, but I have to take back my initial response. (Tentatively)

You do know that this video is of a small RC airplane and a bit of fancy post-processing ... ?

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
You do know that this video is of a small RC airplane and a bit of fancy post-processing ... ?
Never seen it, but I do know there are some fundamental rules of flight broken. But just because I could not have done it, I'm open to discussion.

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
From Aviation Web back in 2008...

What's wrong with this picture? Plenty.

Read more, here:
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/exclu...

... and if anyone's still unsure, drop us a line and we'll explain what a spar is and what it looks like inside a wing.

jdg
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
From Huzo:
GliderJohn

This

Back in the days when I flew model aircraft (free flight gliders and control line) I can remember seeing a RC flying dog house and a "Snoopy"

Both had only rudimentary flight controls but were made from polystyrene sheet and had a big ole 10cc motor up front  :thumb:
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline quota2000

• New Egg
Defying the laws of physics?

Anyone want to go for a helicopter ride?   :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItAh7vAvz8o

Regards,

Jeff
2000 Quota

Offline quota2000

• New Egg
R/C jets have come a long way, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhiUFCagFdI

Regards,

Jeff
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:31:34 AM by quota2000 »
2000 Quota

Offline quota2000

• New Egg
pretty sure this would break a real plane! (the pilot might break first, though!)

If you don't watch the whole video, make sure you at least watch the landing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86PK7Nkt8Ww

Regards,

Jeff
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:32:24 AM by quota2000 »
2000 Quota

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
CGI? OK
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here