Author Topic: Sad day  (Read 754 times)

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
Sad day
« on: September 11, 2021, 05:35:17 AM »
I went to school and became friends with someone who later went on to become a NYC firefighter.
He got up twenty years ago, just like any other day. Then he got the call about the World Trade Center attack.
He lost his life trying to help others. His children went on to become First Responders.
The world will never be the same.
Firefighters, EMTs, police and the military are heroes.
Thank them for all they do, whenever you can.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 06:18:56 AM by yogidozer »

Offline twodogs

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Sad day
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 06:09:22 AM »
^^^^1  Heroes all.
2-2023 Yamaha TW200
2022 Triumph 850 sport

Offline blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 06:31:11 AM »
Agreed, but they would tell you that they were just doing their jobs and that they were not extraordinary people.  That is part of what makes them special.  Thanks for the reminder.
Blue Guzz

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 07:38:23 AM »
Ive never been more proud of my fellow first responders than I was that day. I never fail to get teary eyed every year when I see the firemen and police officers running in those building as the people are running out. I know in my heart that many of those firemen knew they may not be going home that day, God bless them.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 07:38:23 AM »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 08:20:12 AM »
^^^^1  Heroes all.

"Never forget..."
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Tim Henry

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 11:17:02 AM »
I just got back from a memorial service in Viera FL the blue knights met at a piece of the twin towers many were there that day . I was there to honor my friend Jerry's son Richard Guadagno who was on flight 93 one of the people to storm the cockpit unfortunately he didn't have his service weapon with him it could have changed the outcome . We then rode for a breakfast ride ,what a great bunch of individuals to meet

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 12:18:37 PM »

My wife took this photo from our apartment on the lower east side soon after the second plane hit.

You have all heard this before, it was a beautiful morning without a cloud in the sky and when my wife called me at around 9am to tell me that some small plane had hit the trade center I immedialy looked up and thought it was odd. And then she called me right after the second plane hit and said we were being attacked.....my client was hysterical because her husband was in one of the tower's and she couldn't get a hold of him, my brother called me and said we had to get out of the city before something else happened to which I said, how?  Then the cell phones went dead and I started on my ride downtown as I was on 86th street. I was mostly alone riding down Second Ave which was weird while a sea of people were walking uptown as the subways were all shut down. By the time I got to my motorcycle parking lot on 8th st., I was already seeing the dust covered cop cars which would become normal for weeks to come as we lived right around the corner from a precinct.

Honestly, every year we dread this marker as it was just a nightmare that day and for months after, the smoke and the almost constant sounds of sirens running body parts up to Bellevue Hospital.    To this day I still have to peel my wife off the floor if a plane fly's too low, as she witnessed the second plane hit. Some friends were lost, and a few neighbor's and of course that was completely terrible, and then there were those times when I would see someone on a bench quietly crying by themselves. Truly gut wrenching as you knew why.   
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 01:37:20 PM »
Impossible to forget.  My office was in 6 WTC.

Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 02:13:46 PM »
     All I can offer are my thoughts, words fail me.

:cry:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here