Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1032800 times)

Offline AndrewMk

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #3360 on: March 03, 2022, 05:03:03 AM »
Hi dear brothers in Guzzi's,

I am Andrew Makarenko, 49 years old
Education: radio design, agriculture machines engineer
Family: married, one son

I like strong and reliable sings. Also I like Italy people. In 2021 I have bought MG Breva 750ie. I prefer to service it myself and happy to find nice documentation from the factory manufacture. To be honest I like to modify bike and make it useful.  I hope to find here like-minded people.

----------
88' USSR Verhovina-6   -lost
19' Honda Super Cub 50   - alive
20' Suzuki DR 650 R  - reconstruction
21' MG Breva 750 ie - married
--------------------
Speed is needed, and haste is harmful. Alexander Suvorov.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3361 on: March 03, 2022, 06:24:12 AM »
Welcome, Nice bike!! Hope you, family, and bike are safe.

A copy of Service manual--

https://guzzitek.org/gb/ma_us_uk/750/Breva750IE_042003_Atel(GB).pdf

Copy of parts manual---

https://guzzitek.org/gb/pl_us_uk/750/Breva750_2003-2009_072012_PL(GB).pdf

« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 06:48:13 AM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3362 on: March 03, 2022, 03:21:15 PM »
Welcome Andrew to Wild Guzzi.
There’s a wealth of information here on the forum from folks who have owned and ridden these bikes for decades and are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience with you.
Most of us also use this great resource for assistance with machines other than bikes at times.
Feel free to contact me by PM if you need assistance you are not sure about with the way the forum functions and if I don’t know I’ll get you answers.

Thanks
Dan

Offline Iron Cross Junction

• Gosling
« Reply #3363 on: March 03, 2022, 03:31:15 PM »
Hi dear brothers in Guzzi's,

I am Andrew Makarenko, 49 years old
Education: radio design, agriculture machines engineer
Family: married, one son

I like strong and reliable sings. Also I like Italy people. In 2021 I have bought MG Breva 750ie. I prefer to service it myself and happy to find nice documentation from the factory manufacture. To be honest I like to modify bike and make it useful.  I hope to find here like-minded people.

Ласкаво просимо, Андрію!

З найкращими побажаннями для миль посмішок на ваших машинах, і, особливо, що Мото Guzzi.

Bill
Bill Hagan

Proud Member of Moto Guzzi's Envy-of-the-Industry Post-Sale R&D Program!

1998 V11 EV [98 EV]
2004 V11 Ballabio, Sold; sigh
2007 Norge [NORJ], Sold; sigh
2010 Griso [GRISO]
2016 Stornello [BEATA]
2017 V7 III [RADOŚĆ]

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3363 on: March 03, 2022, 03:31:15 PM »

Offline kja

• New Egg
« Reply #3364 on: March 21, 2022, 03:44:17 PM »
I am Kendall and live in South Carolina.  I bought a 2006 Moto Guzzi Norge manufactered in Jan of 2007.  Don't you just love those Italians.  They have their own calandar.  I have sold off a number of my motorcycles in the last couple of years.  The Guzzi was put into storage in 2013. This winter I woke the beast up thinking I would sell it too.  My mistake was that I took it out on the road for a little ride.  The joy came back and so I have decided to keep it until death do us part. 

It is red, has 72,000 miles and zip ties that hold on the fairings.

See you on the road - maybe

Offline Iron Cross Junction

• Gosling
« Reply #3365 on: March 21, 2022, 06:54:02 PM »
I am Kendall and live in South Carolina.  I bought a 2006 Moto Guzzi Norge manufactered in Jan of 2007.  Don't you just love those Italians.  They have their own calandar.  I have sold off a number of my motorcycles in the last couple of years.  The Guzzi was put into storage in 2013. This winter I woke the beast up thinking I would sell it too.  My mistake was that I took it out on the road for a little ride.  The joy came back and so I have decided to keep it until death do us part. 

It is red, has 72,000 miles and zip ties that hold on the fairings.

See you on the road - maybe

Howdy, @Kendall.

I, too, have a Norge, vintage, '07, but built in November 2006. 

Mine has 85K miles and, regrettably, suffered early-on (and, thankfully, in warranty) from two not uncommon issues with some (but not all) "early" (as in build dates before March 2007), i.e., oil-pump and CARC failures.  With the mileage you have on yours, you obviously have past the danger zone with both of those. 

Mine, too, suffers from tupperware issues, but, as you, have learned that there are workarounds.  You must be a lightweight as most of us with any significant "avoirdupois," have had to replace the original shock or at least spring to deal with suspension underperformance, especially if two-up.

@Huzo -- an Ozite who speaks some English  :wink: -- here has about our combined mileage on his '07.   :bow:

Unless you are in a witness-protection program as are many of us here  :grin:, where are you in S.C.?  I ride to Atlanta and other destinations dfown that way at least once a year.  We could have a Norge reunion.   :boozing:

Bill

Bill Hagan

Proud Member of Moto Guzzi's Envy-of-the-Industry Post-Sale R&D Program!

1998 V11 EV [98 EV]
2004 V11 Ballabio, Sold; sigh
2007 Norge [NORJ], Sold; sigh
2010 Griso [GRISO]
2016 Stornello [BEATA]
2017 V7 III [RADOŚĆ]

Offline kja

• New Egg
« Reply #3366 on: March 22, 2022, 04:24:17 AM »
Bill, I live in Rock Hill.  I guess it was a good day in January when they put my Norge together since I have not had the oil pump or Carc problems. I have another bike for two up.  Do let me know if you are heading somewhere this way.

Thanks for the note,

Kendall

Offline Chatmanx

• New Egg
« Reply #3367 on: March 22, 2022, 07:12:05 PM »
Steve Chatman

65 and recently retired from higher education

I live in Davis, near Sacramento.

I have ridden off and on since I was 12, mostly Japanese 4 cylinders.

I have a 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer. My first Moto Guzzi.

Online glenm64

• New Egg
« Reply #3368 on: March 26, 2022, 07:22:19 PM »
Hi all
Thought Id better get around to an intro.
Im a round barrel Tonti lover. Had old faithful since the early 80's. Originally it was a T3 cali, but I rescued it from someone who butchered it for racing. Shes a 1000cc with lots of mods. Im in the midst of getting a Convert for old age.

Offline fatkid

• New Egg
« Reply #3369 on: March 30, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »
Greetings,
James from Vancouver BC. 65 years old and retired.
Started 15 years ago with my 73 Eldorado then added a California II and most recently a Quota.
Safe to say I like their product.
Cheers
1973 Eldorado
1987 Cal II
2000 Quota

Offline wojeepster

• New Egg
« Reply #3370 on: March 30, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »
I started looking for a moto guzzi six months ago. I missed a few then found a 2004 California ev. I love this motorcycle. I am 68, retired for 6 years. I live near pisgah forest and the blue ridge parkway in Hendersonville, NC. I have a mill and I weld I was a car mechanic in the 70's. I rode motorcycles in the 60's, 70's and 80's  last time was about 1992.

Offline FarmallA

• New Egg
« Reply #3371 on: April 04, 2022, 09:22:58 PM »
Hi everyone
Steve Hyer here, Sheffield, Southern Berkshire County, Massachusetts.

67 years old, Jeweler (retired mostly).

Hobbies (besides MC):  Music (Mandolin, Guitar, Voice), Tractor (now a Kubota), Lake Sailing (O'Day 19 Weekender), Motor boating (15ft 1959 MFG Cambridge w/1964 Johnson 40hp Electramatic outboard), cutting firewood (getting a little tired of that).  Camping (1974 Constructam Coral made in Belgum).  Sportscars (1995 Miata at the moment).  Newbie at golf.

image hosting
π
Volunteer firefighter.

Current bikes:
1981 Moto Guzzi V50 Mostly Monza with V65 motor and V7 Sport tank. The PO put it together, it's a work in progress, but a surprisingly fun bike to ride.
1999 Monster 750
1994 Honda VFR750.

Prior bikes: 1999 BMW R1100RT, BMW F650 (wife’s), Harley Dyna Low Rider (wife’s), 1972 Honda CB500, 1986 Honda VFR750, 1984Kawasaki KZ550GPZYamaha SX650, Kawasaki EX500, Suzuki GS1000, and my first, a Yamaha SX650 that I started with in the mid 90’s

I've been lurking here for a little while. Judging by what i've seen, seems like we might get along fine.
S

Offline Billiez

• New Egg
« Reply #3372 on: April 09, 2022, 12:25:50 PM »
Billy Bilcliffe hence Billiez
Retired 66yrs

Cali 05' EV 1100

Cali 97' Special 1100

97' Sport 1100

XL 450

XL 250

SL 250

SL 350

pushbike

My mate had a Le Mans Mk11, an he let me have a ride which is a rare thing, fell in love with the torque and tone, so saved and bought my 1st Guzzi new 97' Sport. Since then I'm converted, as I love the nuts and bolts approach to repairing and replacing myself while learning something new along the way.
Over the yrs I have meet many "Guzzi Brothers" in many places, and the connections last a lifetym...
I've just had a 12yr hiatus sadly regretting selling my 1st Cali along the way due to no time to enjoy a regular ride.
I miss the days of no helmets, and getting hit by a bug or two...lols  only been bee stung once in all these yrs with a open face....
Live in WA Au, the job took me across the Nullabor on steel tracks for long shifts and fatigue was my best friend most of the time over the last 18 yrs.

I will spend hrs on this site for brain picking, enjoying the knowledge and characters that pop up..

Offline Phantom Boomer

• New Egg
« Reply #3373 on: April 13, 2022, 07:55:28 PM »
Howdy;

A bit late with this, but life tends to get in the way of fun.

I really am a Boomer, I hit 70 in March.  Didn't start riding 'till my early 50s.  Wish I had started sooner, but wife (late) was not hot on bikes, however, I did get her into guns, so it was a bit of a break even.

Had my newbie crash on my friends SV650, bike needed minor repairs, I needed two rotator cuff surgeries. Bought a mid 90s BMW F650, which was way too tall for me, I'm 5'8" with stubby legs, when I'm sitting down, I look 6' something. Further complication is some range of motion issues in my hip, so, even with cruisers, I'm dragging my boot across the seat.

Bought a Honda 750 Shadow, had some problems since I had not followed Doc's instructions on my first surgery and my shoulder was still messed up, got rid of both of those and bought a BMW Z3 with low miles. Had fun with that, then got the itch to try bikes again.

Took a lot of group lessons, then bought a Suzuki S40 (aka Suzuki Savage). Had my second newbie issue on that, got cocky in a right hand turn, bounced over the median and into the incoming left turn lane. Sprained my knee on that one. After healing up, got smart and took private lessons
one on one. That guy (former USMC DI) turned me around.

Put 6K miles on the S40 in 6 months, traded it for a Kawi Vulcan Custom. Before the year was out, added a Suzuki SFV 650 (Gladius). Had to give those up after a few years (financial ) issues.

Was able to get into my '02 Honda VT1100C3, at the time, 16 years old and only 14K miles +/-).

Fell in love with the V7 and after a while managed to get this one, had only 860 miles, guessing was military owner since it was out of state. Probably got shipped out here then deployed. Had the engine guards, driving lights, and a Renthal bar on it, which puts me in a nice upright geezer position. Added a Givi tail rack and top case. Had an MRA windshield, with deflector in my pile of stuff. Need to make some adjustments to that since I'm getting buffeting quite a bit, maybe a taller screen.

Gotta get some pics for it one of these days.

2019 MG V7 III Stone
2002 Honda VT1100 C3

Offline rgiorgio

• New Egg
« Reply #3374 on: April 14, 2022, 12:43:09 PM »
New Member here:

Im in South Florida, Florida Keys
2021 V7 Centenarion with some mods[/url]

[/img][/img]

Offline Bubwheat

• New Egg
« Reply #3375 on: April 15, 2022, 11:04:58 AM »
Bill Wheatley, 73, retired, living in Morelia, Mexico. I'm in the market for a used Adventure Touring Bike, and I'm looking really hard at finding a nice gently used Stelvio I can procure! I'll be back living in El Paso within 6 months and hoping to have a bike by then. Happy riding!

Offline Newbert1

• New Egg
« Reply #3376 on: April 15, 2022, 11:47:16 AM »
Phil Newton 68 baker/chef/food writer/self unemployed whenever possible. Galveston, Texas

Interests: paddle boarding, cycling, brick oven cooking.

Current steed: 2002 California Special Sport (Duracell version)

Offline mhmclaugh

• New Egg
« Reply #3377 on: April 15, 2022, 03:43:23 PM »
Hey Guzzi World,

I'm Matthew in North Texas.  I love motorcycles.  I've rarely met one that I didn't like.  As a hobby, I am "youtube" trained mechanic who loves reading a good, juicy Factory Service Manual and memorizing detailed torque specs.  I thoroughly enjoy motorcycle forums, and this one is already proving itself right out of the gates.

I've had one Guzzi in the past.  '04 California and I seem to recall it was a touring model with the factory fairing.   Of course, it had been laid down and the fairing was scuffed and the windshield cracked, so a professional painter friend repaired the scuffs and repainted, and I cut about 4 inches off the top of the shield (thought I would explain why it looks stubby in the pic).  I repaired and replaced the mechanicals as necessary, and I also polished the weathered chrome on that bike unmercifully.  It was beautiful.  I sold it when the bike found the right buyer.

I just recently acquired a 2008 Norge (and yes, I know exactly how to pronounce it after reading a hundred or so pages of the thread).  It needs some love and attention, and I've come here, on the advice of the previous owner, to humbly request your guidance.  My goal is to get this thing back to 100% functional condition, update with the appropriate mods, and then work on the polish job.

All the best from Texas!
-Matthew

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 01:36:52 AM by mhmclaugh »

Offline mainsail

• New Egg
« Reply #3378 on: April 16, 2022, 04:45:56 PM »
Hello all!

I just bought a 2017 V9 Bobber with 4150 miles.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of farkles available for these, which is OK since there isn't much I want to change.

The previous owner swapped in smaller LED turn signals, Zard exhaust, remapped the fuel, upgraded rear shocks, and a Shad seat.

There doesn't seem to be any storage anywhere on the bike- right now the registration paperwork is just pressed under the seat.

The one thing I really want is a rear rack. I'll be driving this to work regularly and I need some place to strap down my lunchbox. The problem is the only rack I can find is made for the bike with both seats installed, but mine has a nice Shad solo seat. That means the rack would be way out at the end of the fender with a lot of empty space between it and the seat.

I've contacted some metal fab people but either the job is too small or they never reply, likely because the job is too small.

Thoughts?

Offline Gabbydad

• New Egg
« Reply #3379 on: April 20, 2022, 07:23:30 AM »
Hello everyone, I’m a long time Guzzi admirer and first time owner.

I’m Bill Braile, 56 and live in NJ just outside Philadelphia.

I bought a 2007 California Vintage with 44k miles and I’m completely in love with this bike already and am looking forward to doing a mild restoration/overhaul.  My goal is to ensure I get another 44k miles at least!

Fun fact, one of my best mates has the exact bike and that’s what got me interested.   I also currently own a 2020 BMW R Nine T Pure.

Offline eHenry

• New Egg
« Reply #3380 on: April 21, 2022, 07:39:44 PM »
Hello, Guzzi folks!

It's been about 20 years since I've been here at Wildgoose, and while I got out of riding for a decade and a half (long story), I've been back for a few years and I'm now thinking about a California 1400... so I'm doing my research and reading up on what I might be getting myself in to. 

Some here might remember me, Erston from Louisiana who had a 1990 Mille GT.  I'm in Tacoma, Washington now and using my middle name of Henry... but Erston still works too if that is how you remember me.

Pics of my old bike:

Thanks for having me, and thanks for the great forum!

~ Henry

BMW R1100R, Guzzi pondering

Offline YanksTT

• New Egg
« Reply #3381 on: April 26, 2022, 04:59:07 PM »

image uploading

Hello from the Pacific Northwest,
I'm enjoying my V7III Carbon that I rode home from San Diego last year.  I also just found an MGX-21 in Sacramento.  Previous Guzzi's were a black Quota and a black Griso 8V.

Offline SydBarrett

• New Egg
« Reply #3382 on: April 28, 2022, 09:08:01 AM »
Hello Guzzisti!

I am 40yo from Palermo!
Lat year I decided to change my Ducati Monster due to some back pain with the new V7. The dealer in Palermo wasn't nice to me and my Ducati so in November I got a second hand 2010 Triumph Scrambler. It's an amazing bike and an amazing engine, but coming from a Vespa 150 and a Ducati Monster 620, I feel that the engine is "too smooth".

Now I have decided to get an older Guzzi and customise it!

Cheers!
1996 - Aprilia Scarabeo 50cc
2001 - Piaggio Vespa 150px
2003 - Ducati Monster 620
2010 - Triumph Scrambler

Offline Mailman

• Old enough to know better
  • New Egg
« Reply #3383 on: May 01, 2022, 09:41:54 AM »
Greetings from Sunny Surprise Arizona, my name is Bob and I’m a retired postal worker, I have owned or been involved with motorcycles since about 1970, took a 20 year break when my kids were young and then got back into it. For the last 17 years I have been restoring and riding vintage bikes and I owned a couple new ones over the years also.
I just sold two vintage Yamahas that I restored, the red one is 50 years old and the black one is 45 years old.

Their sale proceeds will be going to a new Guzzi V7 850 Special, which I have put a deposit on and now I may have to wait until the end of the year to receive!  That’s a new experience for me!

In the meantime, I want to absorb as much information as I can,  I plan on doing as much work on my bike that my abilities will allow. I’m a pretty fair mechanic, but that has all been on older bikes that didn’t have all the electronics and emissions systems.  I have managed to find a PDF repair manual, and a PDF parts manual, I’m still trying to locate a free PDF engine manual if anybody knows of one?

So I’ll be hanging around and I hope to get to know some of you better, and if my ship ever comes in, I’ll show off my bike! 😃
Waiting patiently ( sorta ) for my 2022 V7 850 Special to arrive

Offline Ramsaye

• New Egg
« Reply #3384 on: May 05, 2022, 10:02:58 AM »
Hello all from London (UK)
Thought I’d sign up as this forum has been very useful in helping me decide whether to take the plunge into my new purchase, lots of useful info here. I expect to have lots of questions for you all in the future.

(Don’t worry, the pic is just for posing, I geared up after it was taken)

Offline damiandadv

• New Egg
New member from FL, USA
« Reply #3385 on: May 12, 2022, 12:00:57 PM »
Hi fellow riders
I am a new member from Florida
I have been riding for 39 years and I owned several motorcycles (mostly BMWs) during all this time and I am a big fan of the drive shaft driven bikes and I am looking forward to find a nice Norge to add to my garage, I am riding a 21' 1250 RT at the monent
I'll see you all on the road somewere someday....
Safe riding
Damian

Offline johnnyknight

• New Egg
« Reply #3386 on: May 17, 2022, 07:07:07 AM »
Hello all from Amsterdam!

I am a new rider. I got my license in September and picked up a V85TT in October. I actually dropped it at the end of the test ride but knew it was the bike for me...

I appreciate all the advice and reviews that I've come across on this forum--to include the ongoing search for the perfect windscreen setup. Decided it was finally time to register and say hi.

Offline harley21

• New Egg
« Reply #3387 on: May 21, 2022, 08:39:11 AM »
Hi everyone, I am new here .. so excited to be the part of this community

Offline angusmcoz

• New Egg
« Reply #3388 on: May 30, 2022, 06:39:56 AM »
Hello to all! I've been blessed with the motorcycle addiction since my first bike in 1975 (1975 Yamaha DT175). At the age of 62 I've thinned the herd to a 2020 Suzuki DL1050 and the latest addition, a 2017 V9 Bobber. This is only the second Moto Guzzi I've owned with the first being a 2006 750 Breva. Yesterday I did the first service on the V9 (only had 1006 miles when purchased and not serviced) and damn I've missed the simplicity of an air cooled twin. Reminds me of the BMW twins of old. The 2018 Goldwing I sold this spring took a Master's degree from the Rube Goldberg School of Abstract Engineering just to get to the air cleaner. Don't get me wrong, the Wing was an amazing motorcycle but simple to maintain it was not. Seems as I age I'm getting nostalgic for the simpler times. Thanks for having me!

Offline Roland

• New Egg
« Reply #3389 on: May 30, 2022, 08:52:48 AM »
Ci@o tutti,
I am happy to have been accepted here today
I am 61, I live in France and I ride my Quota 1000ie for 30 years now !
I own 3 other Guzzis, but not in condition to be used for the time being.
What made me come here is my search for information about the swingarm bearings of my Stelvio 8v which I own for 3.5 years now, and which I still do not use ...
I've been o the USA on business several times long ago, and hope to find the time to make some road trip there.
Maybe meet one or another of you then.
Roland

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here