Author Topic: bada$$ archery skills  (Read 4870 times)

Offline gary martin

• Gaggle Hero
  • My train of thought runs on a short track.
bada$$ archery skills
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:34:21 AM »
04 Guzzi evT, 11 Suzuki V Strom, 84 Honda CT110, 70 BMW R50/5

Offline samfrank

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: bada$$ archery skills
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
That's just crazy! It sure demonstrates survival of the fittest.
1973 Eldorado
2013 Norge - moving to Arizona to live with John.
2015 Yamaha FJR1300

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 08:24:46 AM »
Incorporating these techniques would certainly wake up Olympic archery.  Amazing.

Tobit
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »
 I shot an arrow through the top of my hand once. ::)
 I can't even move the fast without shooting a bow and arrow!
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »

Offline Bill N

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
Almost nobody watches the Olympic target archery. But I do and respect the precision and concentration of these shooters. But wouldn't it be great to also have a bare bow, moving target, rapid fire competition. I bet that would attract viewers. Bill

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 05:52:30 PM »
He would not be close to the level of an Olympic archer.  Just not.  I have not seen him enter an archery contest either.  If he really wanted to promote his methods he should at least go to a 3D field meet and show that he can wipe out the competition.

He can shoot fast, with a short draw and what looks like a very light draw weight at relatively short distances.  ANd we don't know how many tries he takes to hit those targets.

Here's a "regular guy" shooting doves at range (yes, he is good).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQPOsDgPO4&feature=youtu.be

And another.  Jeff at least shows the secquence so you know how many times it takes to get the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIepbh0Ueaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1gc8EUQZ8g
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:41 PM »
In a couple scenes Lars is seen shooting two targets quickly at long range. That said, he seems to train to be quick and good enough; like shotgun shooting. An Olympic shooter could not do what he does, yet he could give an Olympic shooter a run for their money. But really, two different games; you'd pick one and train for it.

In Olympic Pistol Shooting you have rapid fire and running boar. Both very demanding of your skills and your time management. But a different skill set than shooting a timed slow fire bullseye event. You would not call either shooter lacking in skills. They are just different.

It would be interesting to see him shoot live to see if his real world skills are as good as the youtube vids make him appear to be.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »
AMAZING!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »
Those aren't really long range, more like medium.

He could not come close to an Oly shooter.  They need to put every shot in the bull, not just pick the video of the ones that hit the bull.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is good.  I just don' t buy his game.  Yep he brings up that there have been many types of archers, depending on what your goal is.  Maybe he can convince someone to have a gymnastics archery evet at the olympics.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline Bill N

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 03:46:14 PM »
Those aren't really long range, more like medium.

He could not come close to an Oly shooter.  They need to put every shot in the bull, not just pick the video of the ones that hit the bull.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is good.  I just don' t buy his game.  Yep he brings up that there have been many types of archers, depending on what your goal is.  Maybe he can convince someone to have a gymnastics archery evet at the olympics.
I'm the one that  proposed a new oly event event. Target shooting and "combat" shooting are two entirely different things. Sure, no doubt oly target shooters could probably fry him in target shooting but he would kill them in combat shooting. Thus 2 different events. My money is on the combat shooting to be the most exciting.  I'd watch both though because I've been involved with archery for some 60 years and love all forms of shooting.
Bill

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 07:01:16 PM »
I wonder if he would.  He still really has not demonstrated what it takes to win at a contest.  Only some video footage of some semi-staged shots with don't know how many misses before he got the one in the video. 

I'd like combat shooting in the olympics too.  An olympic level combat archery contest should also include the same kind of standards as they have in combat pistol where the bullets have to have a certain amount of energy at the muzzle.  Like the difference between a quick draw contest vs a real shooting match.

If he wanted to impress he could shoot bulls at speed with his low weight bow at 20m or more, time after time.

So, yeah, he's pretty good.  As good as he wants you to think in the video?  Don't see any reason to think so.  Let him display it in public somewhere.  After all, his previous video has been around for quite a while and he still hasn't done a public demonstration that I can find.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

andrewdonald1

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 07:16:39 PM »
That was pretty amazing!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here