Author Topic: Bike thefts in Austin TX  (Read 2993 times)

Offline hejvuhhh

• New Egg
Re: Bike thefts in Austin TX
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2021, 04:26:17 PM »
email us ASAP   info@af1racing.com   

two Guzzis were stolen, yours and another 2016 V7 almost in the same spot, same time.

The other was recovered a few days ago, found off Rundberg at one of those all night poker places. Hot wire device found on it.    Parts seems to have been swapped between the two stolen V7s.  The recovered one is here now for repair, and it originally had a black tank, but now has a grey tank.....most likely it's your tank.   We've been trying to find you, only saw your reddit post

This is most likely yours popped up for sale yesterday on CL....wrong year (prob looked at build date), wrong spelling, way too cheap.  Super shady!!!!

Since APD doesnt really care, we have a high level undercover DPS officer on the case.  He is setting up a buy on that one on CL.   DPS don't mess around.  He came by and got all the info we have yesterday.

Bike thefts -- we learned 10 bikes a day are being stolen in Austin, something like 20 cars/day too.  Our shop truck got stolen, and we stole it back 16 hours later.  It was found not too far away, and we had a perfect criminal case.....no charges filed by the DA.....f-ing BS........we HATE thieves.

DPS contacted me earlier! They told me not to respond to that craigslist ad. The other victim contacted me also. I can't believe that little hot wire thing they used! I don't know if I feel better knowing it wasn't chopped for parts, or worse knowing who knows how many crackheads have been putting god knows how many miles on it...

Offline Pescatore

• Gosling
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2021, 08:38:26 PM »
Fascinating story. I love it when citizens fight back.
Please let us know how it goes.
Meanwhile I'm going to look into them GPS alarms.
2008 Norge 1200
1991 V65GT
1980 CM400T
MGNOC Member
Ascolta sempre e solo musica vera
E cerca sempre se puoi di capire

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2021, 02:34:12 PM »
First, what is "DPS?"  Second, unfortunately, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, you've run up against the politics of elected law enforcement.  But since I'm not allowed to talk about politics all I can say is good luck.  (PS, just saw where Walgreens is closing multiple locations in SFO due to "out of control" shoplifting.)  Just glad I moved to the sticks.  And that's all I have to say about that. 

Offline Ed / AF1 Racing

• New Egg
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »
First, what is "DPS?"  Second, unfortunately, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, you've run up against the politics of elected law enforcement.  But since I'm not allowed to talk about politics all I can say is good luck.  (PS, just saw where Walgreens is closing multiple locations in SFO due to "out of control" shoplifting.)  Just glad I moved to the sticks.  And that's all I have to say about that.

DPS is dept of public safety.....our Texas State police that wear the big cowboy hats....very well known for not messing around.  They answer to the Governor not to Austin officials.    If you get pulled over by one on the highway,  there is a 99% chance you are getting a ticket.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2021, 04:41:33 PM »
DPS is dept of public safety.....our Texas State police that wear the big cowboy hats....very well known for not messing around.  They answer to the Governor not to Austin officials.    If you get pulled over by one on the highway,  there is a 99% chance you are getting a ticket.

Back in around 1979, while flogging my '78 Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans, I was stopped by a very tall DPS officer, far outside of the Austin, Texas county limits. 

I remember I tried the "...but officer, I live and work in Travis County defense..." :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:

I remember him smiling down at me and saying...and I quote..."Well boy, you ain't in Travis County anymore"...and YES, I got a big, fat SPEEDING TICKET!
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2021, 04:59:19 PM »
AZ DPS let me off on the way to Datil.  This was before going into Salt River Canyon going north.   :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline hejvuhhh

• New Egg
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2021, 04:09:17 PM »

Well they finally found my baby last month. They really did a number on her  :cry: They arrested some guy who said he purchased it from another guy so I doubt anything will ever be done. The Austin Police have not contacted me regarding my case except to tell me that it had been recovered. I found the auction listing for it too in case anyone wants a mega project bike! https://www.copart.com/lot/66620471
Thought y'all might want an update. Keep your bikes safe out there! Maybe someday I'll get another goose :)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2021, 04:58:25 PM »
😢
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »
That really Sucks. That looks like it was your pride and joy. In the interest of not upsetting the more delicate members, I will refrain from saying what I think should happen to the slime that stole your bike.

Hope that you are able to replace It.

Well they finally found my baby last month. They really did a number on her  :cry: They arrested some guy who said he purchased it from another guy so I doubt anything will ever be done. The Austin Police have not contacted me regarding my case except to tell me that it had been recovered. I found the auction listing for it too in case anyone wants a mega project bike! https://www.copart.com/lot/66620471
Thought y'all might want an update. Keep your bikes safe out there! Maybe someday I'll get another goose :)
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here