General Category > General Discussion

Tuktoyaktuk or Nordkapp

(1/3) > >>

Jorg66:
The question came to mind after some discussion here in this forum , a a recent article in motorcycle Mojo.
Which one is or would be more intriguing . I've a pin for both on my world Map.
recently I watch a video on You tube about 2 Germans ,form near Hamburg ,who traveled to the Nordkapp on 2 Puch Maxi Mopeds [49 cc/2 stroke] in May  :wink: .the year before on 2 NSU Quickly.  :bow:

aklawok:
 Me, I would to Tuk! It is only 5° further north in latitude than here! Even though I have never been to Canada Go north!

OldMojo:
Just looking at the map, I would think the fjord-hugging route to the Nordkapp would be more scenic. Plus more towns, and an underwater tunnel!

I guess "intriguing" is the operative word here. If desolation and solitude is your thing, then the Dempster has your number.

It also looks like the Nordkapp wins for most northerly place you can ride to. 71 deg. N vs 69 deg.

Jorg66:
71vs 69 ,very true . For the longest time never tought about Tuk,but like you said the Dempster .
Norway, ... well Vikings and Fjords, what more to say . :wink:

huub:
depending on the time available, the nordkapp can be made into a nice round trip, going through  poland, the baltics , finland , and back throug norway.
a absolutely stunning trip.
with the lakes in the north of poland, forests of the poland and the baltics , the open landscape of lappland , and the fjords of norway.
did it both on a motorcycle and a citroen 2cv ( probably a car comparable to your posty)
recomended, I would happily do it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version