General Category > General Discussion

Visiting Atlanta, GA...

<< < (2/5) > >>

Eunos9494:
The Bonnie is a 2012 SE.  I'm cautiously hopeful, but it's been under a cover, outside for about 11 months now.  No fuel stabilizer, no battery tending, no shifting of the tires.  When I get into town I'm going to yank the battery and put a charger on it for a good 24 hours.  I've got some oil too, so I figure I'll pull the plugs and get some oil down in the cylinders, install the battery, dust her off, roll her around a little, inspect the tires, and give it a go.  Debating trying something like Techron in the tank just to try and give it a helping hand.  If she starts, great.  If not, well...I'm really not excited about pulling the tank and trying to drain fuels lines so if the gas has congealed, I'm probably going to cut my losses and either find another bike or just find a pub and drink my "ride-less" sorrows away.  ;D

Lannis:

--- Quote from: roadscum on February 11, 2015, 10:22:08 AM ---They terminated their rental program a year ago.

Paul

--- End quote ---

The only rental shop on the Isle of Man quit doing bike rentals some years back.

Probably for the same reason that a shop in Dahlonega among all those curvy mountain roads would.

People were coming in, renting bikes, trying to be Ricky Speedracer on the roads they'd always heard of, throwing the dealership's bike down the road, and leaving .....

Sometimes a few people mess it up for everyone else ....

Lannis

roadscum:

--- Quote from: Lannis on February 11, 2015, 04:33:36 PM ---The only rental shop on the Isle of Man quit doing bike rentals some years back.

Probably for the same reason that a shop in Dahlonega among all those curvy mountain roads would.

People were coming in, renting bikes, trying to be Ricky Speedracer on the roads they'd always heard of, throwing the dealership's bike down the road, and leaving .....

Sometimes a few people mess it up for everyone else ....

Lannis

--- End quote ---

That's exactly the case.

Paul

guzziknight:
WOW Motorcycles in Marietta also rents a variety of bikes.

Aaron D.:
Bet the Bonneville starts right up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version