General Category > General Discussion

What a night tonight deep in the woods.

<< < (10/10)

redrider90:

--- Quote from: Bill Hagan on February 19, 2015, 03:13:06 PM ---Thanks.

Happy to report that the cavalry arrived today just as we feared the hostiles were going to get through our final protective fires.   ;D
In actuality, we still had just shy of a 20% cushion, but, as I am a nervous Nellie and the temps and the possible need for the propane-fired generator, I was still worried.   ::)

BTW, to compare for anyone interested in propane-pricing in this area, at least, this delivery was $2.349 a gallon.  I cannot say -- without hurling  :'( -- how many gallons went in.  But, it was last delivered to full on 27 Dec.  Really not bad, IMO, considering, tho we also have to factor in some our electric bill for that period as we have made some use of the oil-filled-radiator spot heaters.

On balance, very happy.  Hard to buy peace of mind.  Mine is much better now.
Now to the next thing to obsess over.   :D

Bill

--- End quote ---

I just had my first fill this winter. I have a small 320 gallon tank plus the shop. I paid $3.10 gallon. That is freaking crazy high. When I look at NC State website for propane it is showing $2.75/gal.

redrider90:
This wood is gone.
 I had another cord by the front door when this picture was taken.
I am down 1/3 cord left at the front door. 

Triple Jim:
Harvey, you probably saw this photo, but here's the wood we had at the start of winter.  What's under the 10' x 20' canopy is gone now.  Luckily we made a "reserve pile" that's under a white tarp at the far end, and we haven't quite gotten to that yet.

Triple Jim:
Do you have water today, Harvey?  I was relieved when I found that I do.  I must have buried the pipe deeply enough after all.  When I put in the pipe and power wire, I ran an extra wire in case I came up with a use in the future.  After having the pipe freeze at the well head one winter when we had a 10° low, wired it to an outlet, and have a 75 watt lamp plugged in.  When it's very cold, I plug in the end at the house.

redrider90:

--- Quote from: Triple Jim on February 20, 2015, 10:07:23 AM ---Do you have water today, Harvey?  I was relieved when I found that I do.  I must have buried the pipe deeply enough after all.  When I put in the pipe and power wire, I ran an extra wire in case I came up with a use in the future.  After having the pipe freeze at the well head one winter when we had a 10° low, wired it to an outlet, and have a 75 watt lamp plugged in.  When it's very cold, I plug in the end at the house.

--- End quote ---

Yep we have water!! Yea. Shop is running also. I know for a fact the water line to the shop is shallow cause when I had the ditch dug deeper in my drive to keep it from washing over the road grader dug the pipe up!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version