Author Topic: Barber vintage festival  (Read 1497 times)

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
Barber vintage festival
« on: April 07, 2019, 12:28:34 PM »
I will probably be retired by October.  This means that I will have time to go to the Barber vintage festival.  Has anyone gone to the festival?  I’m wondering about the best way to do it - hotel? RV at the track?

Offline clubman

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Barber vintage festival
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
If you are taking an RV there you better reserve a spot quickly at the first available chance, they go guickly. Otherwise there are plenty of hotel rooms there and you won't have a problem finding one. Call and ask for Jenifer, she will know when booking opens. Also you can get on their newsletter. We go every year, you'll have a great time.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:45:20 PM by clubman »
V7C (gone to a good home),'04 Coppa Italia (Oh my!), OSSA Explorer Street Tracker,'17 KTM 690 Duke, Monster 900S,  KTM 790S Adventure, Speed Triple 1050S (yow!)

Offline PhilB

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 03:49:39 PM »
Depends a bit on your hardiness.  I've been twice, and did well with simply camping in the MC camping area.
Next best would be an RV at the track, but as others said, get your reservation in ASAP.
Definitely worth the trip.
Reserve at least a full day to see the museum.

PhilB

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 06:54:36 PM »
The Barber links aren’t working.  Are there showers and other stuff for those who camp?  I’d consider riding the SPIII down there, but October here can be iffy for riding.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 06:54:36 PM »

Offline rudyr

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »
I went last year as a volunteer to vintage races.  Best camping place on the grounds, payed them $30.00 best money I ever spent, go any places at ground for nothing, at most places.  Would you believe I didn’t make it to museums this year Iwill go.  Worked 2 four hr. shift and they feed the days you work.rudyr

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 08:17:21 PM »
Went in 2016 for the first time.  Stayed in nearby hotel.  SPECTACULAR place.  Vintage motorcycle Mecca!  Going back this year. 
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline PhilB

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 10:43:41 PM »
The Barber links aren’t working.  Are there showers and other stuff for those who camp?  I’d consider riding the SPIII down there, but October here can be iffy for riding.
Yes, the camping area has a shower trailer, and porta-johns.  There's fair choices for eating onsite.  For me, it's pretty much ride in at the start, never leave, ride out at the end.  Maybe go out once or twice if there are other events to attend, like the Ducati dinner, etc.

PhilB

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 07:22:36 AM »
I've was there a couple years ago and it is a great time. I don't camp or have and RV so it Hotel life for me and that just fine. A/C, running water, indoor toilet, restaurant and lounge all good things after a looooooong day at Barber.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline ARGuz

• New Egg
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 10:14:46 PM »
I was there last year for the first time.  Didn’t know what to expect but knew I wanted to be there the whole time.  So I camped and was glad I did.
Arkansas
2016 Stornello
1966 Stornello
1971 Honda CL100

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 10:18:41 PM »
I've camped there at the Super bike and had a great time.   I've heard the vintage days are even better.

Camp if you can. 

If you get a hotel, go on 280 south of the track and ride in from there
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:22:26 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline rudyr

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »
I think this year I will work sport bike races & vintage race as a volunteer.  All I did last year was check wrist bands and had people sign release to go in the Pitts.  Hell with my volunteer pass road my bike in Pitt talked to race’r’s.  I camped up over the swap meet and across from the  rv ‘s and slid asfallet for sport cars.Rudyr

Offline GuzziFuria

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 11:13:52 PM »
Stayed down the road @ Extended Stay, 12 Perimeter Park S. , Birmingham, AL 35243.... I like nice hot shower after long long day...  Good priced, close to some chain food sports bars ie Fox & Hound...  Also little further down road Walmart Supercenter...
Trailered my Loop in enclosed trailer, enough parking space to leave your truck + trailer @ Extended Stay...
Best is the fabulous calm short ride (15-20min) every morning to Barber, quite Zen @ sunrise among morning dew, forest, small lakes and fun twisties…  + on bike you won't have to wait in line behind all the cars...  They have a specific line for bikes which gets you in much quicker...
Plan almost a full day, best on Sunday, for the museum, exceptional!...  Ride the track also fun, see wall of death and huge swap meet...

Ciao
Carlo
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:11:21 AM by GuzziFuria »

Offline Noguzznoglory

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 07:16:49 AM »
You won’t regret going
Plan a full day for the museum.
Check their website about volunteering. Looks like a great deal
I stayed at the Colombians inn b&b in Columbia a al. 20 min away or so
93 750 Nighthawk
73 Honda CB350
73 Honda CL450
04 Breva 750
15 Norge
16 VERSYS 650

Offline rudyr

• Gosling
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 02:32:47 PM »
Volunteers get to ride the track Sunday afternoon for free. Rudyr

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 04:28:36 PM »
The track ride would make it worth volunteering.  How long were you on the track?  How many bikes were on track with you?  I could trailer the LM V.

Offline rudyr

• Gosling
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 05:36:44 PM »
I don’t know, they told me at 3:00 p.m don’t go your tune coming up.  I told them I got a 450 mile ride and I want to get home befor dark.rudyr

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here