Author Topic: New website woes, need your help  (Read 935 times)

Offline Curtis Harper

• Gaggle Hero
    • Harpers Moto Guzzi
New website woes, need your help
« on: October 14, 2021, 10:13:01 AM »
SO , we have made it thru the summer after the debacle of our website crash / hack thing. I have finally found someone that I believe is the right person to build our new site. So I'd like to ask a little help from you guys, our customers, on what would you like the website to do better.

The things I already know is the In Stock function and better email set up and tracking info. As well as shipping cost info. It's been 15 years since the current site was built and a LOT has changed out there. I personally don't hardly ever shop online so I am not familiar with how a lot of sites work.

All suggestions will be read and considered.

Thanks
Curtis Harper
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:14:25 AM by Curtis Harper »
More Moto Guzzi parts than anywhere.
www.harpermoto.com
1-816-697-3411
curtis@harpermotocom

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Re: New website woes, need your help
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 10:18:48 AM »
You already hit the biggest one for me, the in stock/out of stock function. I have gotten great service, prices and advice from your whole crew/family but I would say the only issue I have ever had was ordering stuff... I wait a couple weeks and dont see it, so I call, and ya'll say 'we had to order that we didnt have it in stock'.

Its got to be a pain in the ass to reconcile with inventory but I will admit I have ordered a multi-item order from some other place because I wasnt sure if you would have everything in stock and I needed one or more of the items ASAP.

Otherwise ya'll do a great job, and the parts diagrams are a great help! Hope to spend many more dollars with Harpers in the coming years!
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 12:42:38 PM »

Greetings, I realize they have large cubic dollars to throw at their sites but, the way Parts Geek and Rock Auto are setup is very intuitive and easy to use.
   You may get some ideas to incorporate in yours.  My$.02. Good Luck on yours.

Paul B :boozing:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »
The two things that I would love to see are pictures of all products, and a better search function. Those two things would massively improve the site.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »

Offline twowings

• Gosling
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
Have your web designer take a look at af1racing.com and rockymountainatvmc. com/

Two easy-to-navigate sites with lots of product information.
Team Corse dal Delerium all'Oblivion
Moto Guzzi - 100 Anni Di Autentica Passione

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 06:02:40 PM »
I would like the motorcycles for sale to be on one page by itself. I don't think you need to break them apart by decade. my 2 cents.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 01:03:20 PM »
Hey Curtis,      I know that it must be a nightmare to get all the data entered from different platforms up onto a workable web page, ie, parts manuals, oem & aftermarket products etc, but whatever you can do to make everything, including product or parts number searches completely seamless without any barriers or dead ends would be nice.

I'm pretty good searching data bases, but I know a couple of occasions I was looking for parts on your site, couldn't find them, posted here looking for help and Charlie from ACC provided links directly to the part on your site.

I think it was because I was searching words and Charlie was searching parts numbers; I believe he was probably going at the vast amount of information on your site, from a different angle. idk.

I think the technical term in geek speak would be to make all fields searchable and relational.

If possible in the comments or parts descriptions if easily doable, parts compatibility between different models is a nice to see bonus.

ps I know it's got nothing to do with computer talk, and I don't know the ins and outs of your end of the business, but I'd love to see those good black valve cover gaskets with the wire in them on your website, js

Good luck with it
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 02:32:28 PM »
Curtis, as someone who did Software for over 40 years. Do not have something custom written. Find a dealer retail site you like and find out who did theirs. Get a supportable COTS (commercial off the shelf) product. It is the year 2021, and the product you want is out there.
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »
What everyone else has said and just make sure it’s mobile compatible too please.
inditx
inditx

This is the day.....

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 10:56:36 PM »
I want to second the suggestion by Paul B ("Rink Rat II) re using Rock Auto's parts look-up as the model for your own.  It IS intuitive and so easy to get where I want to go.

I ordered a part for my '04 Breva from you a couple of months ago and it went fine.  You were on top of it from the get-go.

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here