Author Topic: NGC-Best article ever for new Dog adopters  (Read 263 times)

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: NGC-Best article ever for new Dog adopters
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 08:19:31 PM »
That is good, I think I’m doing it mostly right.

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
Re: NGC-Best article ever for new Dog adopters
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 08:31:36 AM »
That is good, I think I’m doing it mostly right.

Thanks.  I know a professional dog trainer who screwed up their last pup during the first 72 hours they had the dog.  Starting with a two hour ride hour with the dog isolated in a crate cause "He gotta learn that he rides in a crate in the car!"  Then going out to dinner for hours with friends when they got home.  The puppy spent his first half dozen hours in his new home in isolation which was no doubt terrifying.  The owner paid the price.  The dog has very little confidence!  Straight out stupid behavior with a dog for which you paid $XXXX.

Two days before we picked up our last rescue pup, we put towels in our bed and in the crates of our two dogs.  For the two hour ride home, the pup was either in my lap or my wife's lap, cuddling in towels that smelled like us and our two dogs, eating treats, chewing on toys, and sleeping like a baby.  Stopped every half hour for a pee pee/play break.  And of course the ride home should ALWAYS include a stop at McDonalds for a plain hamburger!!  Might as well make the first day their best ever day.

Once home, the 7 pound newcomer had enough confidence to wrestle with his 55 pound older sisters.  The girls would repeatedly throw themselves on the ground to give the little guy a fighting chance and a sense of victory.  Amazing to watch the bonding process. 
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here