Author Topic: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners  (Read 554165 times)

pete roper

Re: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners
« Reply #1230 on: February 02, 2017, 10:48:59 PM »
The OBD connector is clipped to the back of the airbox on the V7-II.

Pete

Offline waxi

• The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.
  • Gosling
« Reply #1231 on: February 03, 2017, 01:09:37 AM »
The OBD connector is clipped to the back of the airbox on the V7-II.

Pete

Exactly, just besides spare fuse.

On V7 II I have three connectors under the seat. One is for OBD, what are other two? One is larger and one smaller...

Yeah, I forgot already that I asked that. Still don't know what other two are for...
Moto Guzzi V7 II Special, 2015
Moto Guzzi Nevada, 1998
Tomos Automatik A3 ML, 1987, oldtimer

Online sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #1232 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:35 AM »
The spare fuse is for the ABS/TC.  The other 2 connectors are 1) switched 12 power intended for a USB adapter; 2) connector for the Bluetooth data transmitter.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline waxi

• The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.
  • Gosling
« Reply #1233 on: February 03, 2017, 07:45:17 AM »
The spare fuse is for the ABS/TC.  The other 2 connectors are 1) switched 12 power intended for a USB adapter; 2) connector for the Bluetooth data transmitter.

Thanks! :thumb:
Moto Guzzi V7 II Special, 2015
Moto Guzzi Nevada, 1998
Tomos Automatik A3 ML, 1987, oldtimer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1233 on: February 03, 2017, 07:45:17 AM »

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1234 on: February 10, 2017, 01:59:37 AM »
Did they check the cam timing? I recall Pete had an 8V that was one tooth out on the cam chain (Stelvio?) and had a similar effect. No power after 6500 or somesuch.

You there Pete?

Beetle,  Pete, you guys were spot on.

As inexplicable as it may sound, the right side cam was one tooth out.

The Tech's at MI said that they checked both sides and that it was clear that the right side had been taken apart and reassembled and the cam was one tooth out/off in timing.  NO IDEA why this was done, but I am suspecting the SELLING dealer prior to its first sale.  I got the bike at 1500 miles, and it had been serviced at the selling dealer in CA at 600 miles with NO warranty claims after. The Bike was sold new in OCT of 2015 and the original owner traded it in March of 16. I bought it July of 16. So it is a mystery WHY someone would have done this, but it is solved PTL. There was some silicone on the right side housing as well indicating the work. NO damage to valve or piston, which is amazing as I don't baby my bikes.

The rest of the bike checks out good, all is in spec and running well Cant wait to get it back, and see if I like the 8V motor more than the 4V 1100 in the GRiSO. Of course I have to ride it and see if it is really fixed.

THANKS for all the help and advice. Time to load the Beetle Map and have some fun before I put it in storage for 9 months and take a wee little all expense paid trip courtesy of my Uncle Sam.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:00:34 AM by Bulldog9 »
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

beetle

« Reply #1235 on: February 10, 2017, 02:19:48 AM »
Damn strange.

pete roper

« Reply #1236 on: February 10, 2017, 03:46:18 AM »
Whether the 1200-8V is a collision motor both ways I'm not sure but it definitely isn't one way. I find this odd especially as the cam timing and lift is very aggressive but mine is not to reason why......

Look, just stick it down to a 'Learning Experience' and hopefully in future others won't be screwed over by the same problem.

Now! Ride the piss out of it as soon as you get back, and look after yerself!

Pete

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1237 on: February 10, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »
Whether the 1200-8V is a collision motor both ways I'm not sure but it definitely isn't one way. I find this odd especially as the cam timing and lift is very aggressive but mine is not to reason why......

Look, just stick it down to a 'Learning Experience' and hopefully in future others won't be screwed over by the same problem.

Now! Ride the piss out of it as soon as you get back, and look after yerself!

Pete

Indeed that is the plan...........
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline Crustye

• New Egg
« Reply #1238 on: February 10, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »
Totally bummed, i've tried for 2 days to run guzzidiag on my 14 Stelvio NTX. nothing no com port or anything else. tonight I just donloaded tuner pro also & try it in morning 

beetle

« Reply #1239 on: February 10, 2017, 08:06:44 PM »
What's your operating system?

Offline Darmie

• New Egg
« Reply #1240 on: February 11, 2017, 12:05:45 AM »
Thank you, thank you thank you. Thank you to all for the hard work making this available and working. Following the first pages of the thread and installing the drivers that were listed made this plug and play. I thought it would be best to use an external battery to keep power on the ECU since I felt it may take some time with the downloading and uploading. I had an extra volt meter available as well. So now I have my BIN file downloaded and backed up on the cloud, what is the next step? I don't have any aftermarket pipes but plan on some in the very near future. Then I'm sure it's best to purchase a known working map http://griso.org/ So, while I'm waiting on some exhaust pipes to arrive what can I safely do? I was thinking one could disable both lambda's, upload the map. Run diag. Check for TPS, reset auto learn. Then adjust CO trim as needed when temp is at 60c. Am I headed in the right direction? 2016 VII Stone.

2016 V7 II Stone

beetle

« Reply #1241 on: February 11, 2017, 01:20:55 AM »
No need to use an external battery. Flashing a map takes about 5 minutes. Afterwards you need to 'learn' the throttle. We don't reset the TPS on a V7II. You should reset the autolearning. We also can't adjust the CO trim on a V7II. For the lambda, you can either disconnect the sensor connectors or turn lambda off in the map. If you choose to disconnect the sensors, remove them from the headers, or they will clog.

I'm looking for a volunteer to test a new V7II map for the stock exhaust. You interested? PM me.

Offline Darmie

• New Egg
« Reply #1242 on: February 11, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »
Sure. I'll send you a PM here soon. Wasn't sure about the battery. That's good news. Not being able to adjust CO trim on a V7II will that be an issue with turning off lambda's on the bin file? Also, I was aware that you would only want to relearn throttle if it's not in the 1.0 to 1.2 range or would you do this after each flash on the V7II?

No need to use an external battery. Flashing a map takes about 5 minutes. Afterwards you need to 'learn' the throttle. We don't reset the TPS on a V7II. You should reset the autolearning. We also can't adjust the CO trim on a V7II. For the lambda, you can either disconnect the sensor connectors or turn lambda off in the map. If you choose to disconnect the sensors, remove them from the headers, or they will clog.

I'm looking for a volunteer to test a new V7II map for the stock exhaust. You interested? PM me.
2016 V7 II Stone

beetle

« Reply #1243 on: February 11, 2017, 04:42:40 PM »
Not being able to adjust CO trim on a V7II will that be an issue with turning off lambda's on the bin file?

Not really. If it's mapped properly, no adjustment is required.

Also, I was aware that you would only want to relearn throttle if it's not in the 1.0 to 1.2 range or would you do this after each flash on the V7II?

Correct, you only need to relearn throttle is it reads out of spec.

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1244 on: February 22, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »
Hey beetle quick question for ya.  I was riding my 2013 V7 (using beetle map no lamda map and guzzitech exhaust system) down in Mexico for a week and yesterday while riding back home from Tucson I got the check engine light.  Pulled off the road and as I slowed down the light went off but the bike was idling at 2.5k-3k.  Shut the bike off and checked a few things but didn't notice any issues.  Tried to restart and the bike would not fire.  Strong battery, good turn over but just wouldn't catch.  Opened up tank to make sure I didn't have a pressure issue and there was no indication that the tank wasn't venting properly.  Anyways after about 30 minutes or so the bike reluctantly fired up and I got going again.  One mile later the light came back on but was running strong.  I was in the desert west of Phoenix so decided to ride it onwards (I was on I-10 so not in danger of getting stranded).  Light went out then back on a few times during the time I ran this tank of gas out and when I filled up again the light was out but the bike took extra long to fire up, not quite as bad as previous but still no the usual one push and away we go.  By the time I ran that tank of gas out the light was off and the bike running and idling as normal but still hard to start.  Did manage to get it home under it's own power (700 mile day) and it fired right up this morning like nobodies business.

Best I could come up with is that the ECU learning got a bit borked when I moved from Mexican gas to US gas.  I filled up in Agua Preita, Mx before crossing the border (hey needed to use up those peso's) and rode to Tucson.  The next day I filled up with US gas and the light came on about 80 miles later.  I'm wondering if this could have been the cause?  The bike ran well on the Mx gas and even when I got the check engine light it was running well at 75-80 mph so I don't think it was bad gas.

beetle

« Reply #1245 on: February 22, 2017, 05:30:33 PM »
Learning is off when lambda is off. Have you checked for DTC (error codes) with GuzziDiag? Check for oil in the airbox. Might be causing grief for the MAP sensor and/or stepper.

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1246 on: February 23, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »
No oil in air box.

No new faults

Faults stored were

P0115 to high

P0135 no signal

P0611 invalid signal

beetle

« Reply #1247 on: February 23, 2017, 03:15:27 PM »
115 is engine temp too high.

135 is lambda sensor heater

611 is an injector fault.

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1248 on: February 23, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
115 is engine temp too high.

135 is lambda sensor heater

611 is an injector fault.

Hmm no date/time stamp on those errors so not sure when they might have occurred.  I was running pretty fast for the V7 loaded down with me and luggage at 80 mph but air temps were in the mid 50's and when I checked I had plenty of oil.  Lambda's unplugged.  Not sure what an injector fault would like on the bike so no ideas on if that may have been the reason for the hard starting.

Thanks beetle

beetle

« Reply #1249 on: February 23, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »
I'm vexed as well.

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1250 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:37 PM »
Once I get the bike cleaned up and I recover from all the recent riding in cool temps I'll take it for a run and see how it goes.  It did start right up the morning after I got home. 

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #1251 on: February 23, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »
Is there a map for a stock 2002 EV?

Thanks,

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

beetle

« Reply #1252 on: February 24, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »

Are you asking if I've made a map for a 2V Cali? Yes, but only with numbers I pulled out of my arse.

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #1253 on: February 27, 2017, 04:20:49 PM »
I've just waded through almost all 42 pages and admit I may have missed it. 

Has anyone come up with a map for 2007 Breva 1100 (stock, canisterectomied)?

I've tried Molly's 1200 map, which seems to cure the pinking, but leaves me with a high idle (2000) and little engine braking - although oddly, if the bike is on the stand, it will idle at 1000+. Or is there a quick and easy twiddle through Guzzidiag that I've missed.

Thanks

Nick

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1254 on: February 27, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »

Thanks,

Dean

I don't know for sure that it's 100% compatible. I do have 2 what should be stock maps for the '04 EV Touring if that would help.
Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline old head

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1255 on: February 27, 2017, 04:48:39 PM »
I have been running a 1200 map I got about 8 months ago.  Solved my pinging issue.  Mileage is a little less but not much.

only glitch is a tendency to die when I pull in the clutch at a higher RPM, always restarts.  It only happens on rare occasions. 

I would like a a dedicated map for the breva 1100, but doubtful if it will happen considering the few years they made them.  This map is much better than the OEM map and I am good with it.

Old Head
06 Breva 1100
Hepco-Becker crash bars
Givi A620 screen
Garmin GPS

Offline MorenoB

• New Egg
« Reply #1256 on: March 06, 2017, 09:55:45 AM »
Hi everybody! A small question for the most experienced users (maybe Beetle or Paul can help me): I found the code P0611 stored in my ECU, and checking the MIUGg3 manual I found that:

"Data buffer full and triggered by special events:
The data buffer stores the engine operating parameters in the event of UNFORESEEN engine cut-out.
The contents of the buffer must be downloaded for further analysis.
An error can only be cancelled after the buffer has been downloaded".

Is there any way to download the buffer using Guzzidiag? I'm a bit surprised because I never got an UNFORESEEN engine cut-out...)
Many thanks :-)

beetle

« Reply #1257 on: March 06, 2017, 02:26:56 PM »
It's a bullshit error. Could be injector or MAP sensor error. It's a spurious CAN error and is useless for troubleshooting purposes. Unless your bike fails to proceed or you get stuck with a service light, ignore it.

pete roper

« Reply #1258 on: March 06, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »
What machine? I know that this occurs occasionally on Cali 14's and there is a process for clearing the cache using PADS but I can't offhand remember it. I'd have to connect to a bike.

Pete

Offline gelos

• New Egg
« Reply #1259 on: March 06, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »
Hi,
to clear error P0611 is regulary operation on Piaggio scooters with MIUG3, usual rides all fine. On Guzzi I've never seen it. I can check tomorrow this option with GuzziDiag, or see yourself under View>Actors
1988 XRV 650
2002 V11 LeMans

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here