Author Topic: CraigsList Detroit - '97 Centauro  (Read 1747 times)

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
CraigsList Detroit - '97 Centauro
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:34:52 PM »
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: CraigsList Detroit - '97 Centauro
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 05:07:06 PM »
Ohh ohh, the fast Anthracite model..  :thumb: Looks mostly original. Low mileage. (translated.. needs sorted)  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
Ohh ohh, the fast Anthracite model..  :thumb: Looks mostly original. Low mileage. (translated.. needs sorted)  :smiley:

Yep, I've almost forgotten the things I had to do to make mine right ... Stucci crossover, brass temperature sensor holder, Creedon chip, precise TPS setting, really close intake synchro ... but when it's right, it's hard to beat!

I'd say $5K even would be about right for this ... !    And a lifetime coupon for tires, I (who get 6500-7000 miles out of the rear tires on my Stelvio and my big 130 HP Triumph Trophy SE) never got more than 3500 out of the ten rears I put on the Beast ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 06:29:54 PM »
Yeah, it was a tire eater, all right..  :smiley: I went through a bunch of em. It was good for me...
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 06:29:54 PM »

Online LeRoy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 08:03:58 PM »
I wonder if this is the Centauro that recently sold at the auction of Larry Klein's estate (GT Motors) in Michigan. That bike, also anthracite, went for something like $3,250 and needed a bit of work.
LeRoy (Bob Sharp)
Rochester, MI  U.S.A.
'86 LM 1000 (since new in '86)
'79 V1000 G5 (as of '08 and since sold)
'76 V1000 Convert (since Nov. 09)
'83 1000SP (as of Oct. 15)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
I wonder if this is the Centauro that recently sold at the auction of Larry Klein's estate (GT Motors) in Michigan. That bike, also anthracite, went for something like $3,250 and needed a bit of work.

Good eye.   It looks very much like the same one ... same carbon exhausts, same mileage.   Definitely cleaned up cosmetically, new badges.   Could be a deal still.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Groover

• Gaggle Hero
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »

I was thinking that too, very close in mileage. The auction one was missing the red tank badges and was sold without a title. Easy things to add (tank badges), and probably was able to get a title for it easier being in the same state. All assumption here of course. I saved the auction listing with photos. I do not have that good of a memory. What are we talking about here?

The auction one ended with number 89 on the VIN. The bike looked nice in person. Fair flip price I think overall if that is indeed the one, considering there was also a 10% buyer fee when he paid.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:27:56 PM by Groover »
1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline youngzrxer

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »
It is from Larry Kleins estate. They had a brand new V11 LeMans they were working on too getting ready for sale. Literally brand new. Appeared Larry used it to rob a few parts (turn signals and minor things)

Detroit Ironcycle, which is the new Guzzi/Aprilia dealer (and Royal enfield dealer last few years) had them. In white lake. Super shop and good people.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here