Author Topic: Ole Friends, definitely MC content  (Read 608 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Ole Friends, definitely MC content
« on: December 04, 2021, 11:58:58 AM »
I didn’t want to derail the Mikie D thread as it’s a great topic. However, after reading Lucian’s recollections of meeting with his friends Dads and watching their interactions, it got me to thinking.
I’ve got several ole motor cop buddies that we use to ride several times a year together.
We use to meet in the morning at least once a week after we retired, for breakfast.
I realized that we had stopped doing these things together for the past couple years.
So last night I sent out a PM to them and invited them to breakfast at my house at 0800 hours, sharp.
This morning the POTS and PANs hit the stove top.
With Lisa’s assistance and instructional inspirational guidance, we had eggs(cooked to order) hash browns, grits(Lucian knows what they are now) stewed apples, homemade bread and butter, all the coffee they could drink and sliced oranges.
We had a blast!!!
Went for a ride afterwards around Wallburg NC, I think it’s in the map now🤔
I’ve lost several of my pals that I worked with of late and some were younger than I, yes… it makes one think about what is really important?

Gentlemen and our Ladies, life is short and believe me, it’s the simplest things that makes it worth living.
Have a blessed day.

Dan

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Ole Friends, definitely MC content
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 12:22:48 PM »
Hey, and the weather co-operated.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 06:21:41 PM »
Good on you Dan, someone needs to initiate get togethers especially as we all get older and a little less flexible . Glad you to the south are still getting some riding weather.  Thank Lisa for me for teaching how to cook your own damn eggs next time you come up. :boozing:

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »
We have a group up here that meets every Sunday morning for coffee, we managed to keep going in spite of restrictions by meeting outside under a roof shelter.
A lot of us travel by cage this time of year and we are down to half a dozen diehards.
Its starting to open up finally so we can have our meetings inside again.
It was good to read your post.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 06:45:30 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 07:20:03 PM »
Good on you Dan, someone needs to initiate get togethers especially as we all get older and a little less flexible . Glad you to the south are still getting some riding weather.  Thank Lisa for me for teaching how to cook your own damn eggs next time you come up. :boozing:
Deal….but you must admit that you eat GRITS now, that this southern boy sent you👍

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here